Stoke (A) - 7th April, 3pm KO. (Whats the biggest shafting we've given Stoke?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I knew this wasn’t going to be a goal fest.
Lambert has improved them defensively as a unit. It’s the type of player he was.
The Woolwich result wasn’t reflective of their defensive display. Woolwich got a bit lucky.
Luckily for us they haven’t improved offensively otherwise we could have been in trouble.
Not too good from us at times, but understandable when we are starting with players like Rose, Wanayama and Kane who have been out for a while/ still getting up to fitness.
Dier was too sloppy and casual. Could have cost us 2 points when his job was to shore us up.

The Liverpool result may have added a bit of pressure. Knowing that we could level/ game in hand and CL looks even more likely.

We won when not playing at our best which is all that matters

Today's game sponsored by the narrow games we used to have vs Stoke in 2009 ish

Great win against a team fighting for their lives, Poch was right much tougher than Chelsea who are spineless

I think Stoke are working hard, they did last week too, but they just haven't got goalscorers and that's why they are serious danger of going down. I hope they somehow manage to stay up because this game aside, we always smash them nowadays. Seems a shame to lose that. West Ham are far more deserving to go down, the cunts.

I think Stoke are working hard, they did last week too, but they just haven't got goalscorers and that's why they are serious danger of going down. I hope they somehow manage to stay up because this game aside, we always smash them nowadays. Seems a shame to lose that. West Ham are far more deserving to go down, the cunts.

Agree they have been playing alright recently, like Palace can't get the results with that diabolical front line

That Diouf can fuck right off.
Cunt thinks thinks this is WWE, overselling the fuck out of everything.
His stats are run 3km, rolled 16 km.
Fucking disgrace.

Awful game, fine 3 points. No problem with that. Fuck me I'll be glad to see the back of Stoke, aside from the guaranteed 6 points, what a turd of a club.

It was like watching a proper 1st Division team play Stoke Young Farmers on a field as part of some comedy football exhibition at Staffordshire County Fair, complete with 97 minutes of mooing from their Deliverance-like fans.

Even a skilled player like Shaquiri seems to be morphing, both physically and footballistically, into Charlie Adam, it's the wierdest thing.

Duelling banjos time

Last edited:
That was a nightmare ending. 3 points was all that was required and somehow we held onto them. Lloris will keep his place next week but I think he can kiss the semi final goodbye as Vorm will surely play after the last 2 weeks.
Stream went off just before Stoke scored and we had a penalty shout when I think Son was cluttered. Did not see it played back was it a penalty?

No complaint from me, Stoke quite clearly tasked with kicking us up in the air at every opportunity. We roll our sleeves up, get stuck into them and come away with a result. You can't play Hollywood football against that type of play.

A game we would definitely have drawn or worse a few seasons ago, Not intimidated by them and job professionally done.

COYS

Good win, big win. Stoke made it tough, and 3-4 years a go we’d have bottled that at 1-1.

That win shows we’re capable of playing pretty and ugly. Good to see Kane get 90 but gutted Moura didn’t get any minutes. I think he might be a signing for next season and Poch is moulding him in now.

Hoping for a City win now, otherwise they can win it against us next weekend. I know we’ll have to give Walker the guard of honour, but I’d rather that than losing to them at Wembley and seeing him celebrating it there (although I don’t think he’d rub our faces in it)

Back
Top Bottom