Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without even looking at the rest of it that team would be cut open by any team that’s decent. Basically would be playing with a front 5 while Fabinho tries to cover all of midfield himself.

As stated before eveyerone is panicking about what Liverpool are spending but Keïta is his best ever season didn’t match Ali last year stat wise despite Ali being poor last year, and as seen by Bakayoko and others players from the French league in midfield often struggle in the Prem. So no point making big statements like they are gonna challenge because it’s just as likely they all flop.
Misleading stats. Keita is much superior footballer than Dele Alli in every sense .

Using your logic, Ali is better than Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, de Bruyne, Silva, Verrati because he happened to score more league goals than all of them.

Heskey and Bent are also better strikers than Drogba because they scored more league goals than him.

Unlike Bakayoko, Fabinho is widely recognized as one of the best DMs in Europe. Up there with the likes of Kante and Fernandinho.

It is always in the first instance, squad quality, depth and for me, the options that the squad possesses.

Then about the manager, followed closely by confidence.

We all rate Pochettino and rightly so but without a squad with quality his hands, as with all managers are tied. Cue reference to Leicester and I will always cite miracle, not forgetting that in Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Schmeichel and Morgan, they had a season long spine that played at their optimum

Lastly a squad needs to be handled correctly.

Pochettino would not have signed a new contract without some commitment from Levy but also knowing of certain limitations.

I am sure he will get close to what he wants and feels he needs. What is essential is that we do not have to scramble for players in the last moment. That would be folly.

He's in the same team as Townsend and totally outperforms Townsend as for Lennon he's done and apologies if I'm wrong but I don't recall anybody saying Zaha would be a better back up striker than Son only that he would be an option.

Yea, so he is bit better than one of the worst wingers that I have ever seen playing for Tottenham! My bad, we should TOTALLY pay 50+ million for him then, shouldn't we!

And you are partly wrong. No one explicitly did not say that he would be better substitute for Kane then Son, but it was said that "he could play backup for Kane" - while if that would not be implied, it should have said "he could play backup to Son who could play backup for Kane" which is different.
I mean there is difference either to say "I could play as substitute CB for Spurs" and "I could play substitute CB for Spurs if all of our 1st team players, academy players, Poch and othe coaching stuff and more in form people among the Spurs fans would be injured at the same time"... :D

Misleading stats. Keita is much superior footballer than Dele Alli in every sense .

Using your logic, Ali is better than Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, de Bruyne, Silva, Verrati because he happened to score more league goals than all of them.

Heskey and Bent are also better strikers than Drogba because they scored more league goals than him.

Unlike Bakayoko, Fabinho is widely recognized as one of the best DMs in Europe. Up there with the likes of Kante and Fernandinho.

Using your logic I think Burnley will push City all the way if you have any questions about the line up simply add new CB new CF etc or insert a random signing in who would cost between 40 -100 million for the position your curious about.

Damn Liverpool are making some quality signings. If they fix their CB, GK issues I see them winning the league or CL in 2 years.
I have a suggestion for you pal. It could help most of us here and you. Please go and support Liverpool and jerk off about their signings and title challenges on their forum, not here.
Thanks.

Yea, so he is bit better than one of the worst wingers that I have ever seen playing for Tottenham! My bad, we should TOTALLY pay 50+ million for him then, shouldn't we!

And you are partly wrong. No one explicitly did not say that he would be better substitute for Kane then Son, but it was said that "he could play backup for Kane" - while if that would not be implied, it should have said "he could play backup to Son who could play backup for Kane" which is different.
I mean there is difference either to say "I could play as substitute CB for Spurs" and "I could play substitute CB for Spurs if all of our 1st team players, academy players, Poch and othe coaching stuff and more in form people among the Spurs fans would be injured at the same time"... :D

Not really sure what your looking for out of this mate , I would prefer us to sign someone else myself so not interested in getting drawn in.

As regards Pulisic, wouldn’t he be a case of contingency planning for the day in the not too distant future, when Son has to do his National service?
His versatility would mean he got plenty of game time to get used to the systems & his teammates but long term, we do have to consider what we do if/when Son has to leave for 2 years because I don’t see him returning as a top level professional after 2 years patrolling the N/S Korean border.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but it’s looking increasingly likely unless the national team can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
I always keep believing/ hoping that Son won't have to do that during his playing career, because he is too big of a superstar in his country

Not really sure what your looking for out of this mate , I would prefer us to sign someone else myself so not interested in getting drawn in.

Okay, fair. Then we are on the same page ;)

Just I wouldnt have seen point mentioning that he could be used as backup for Kane when he wouldn't be 1st or most likely even 2nd backup ;)

I’m on about comparing seasons not careers donut. And how is he a better footballer in every sense? The are both attacking midfielders are they not? And Ali has better numbers then him every year despite also being younger give yourself a day of mate

Apparently Milan Badelj, the Fiorentina defensive midfielder and club captain has broken his contract with the Italian club.

Solid defensive midfielder with good ball control and good passing skills. Worth a punt perhaps

Back
Top Bottom