Mark Hughes Sacked, Redknapp In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

Yes you did rather leap to massive conclusions about what I was saying, didn't you?
I just find it unbelieveable that people can't see the good in what the man achieved and would prefer to continually slag him off. I think the biggest issue to me is that I see him as Redknapp the football team manager, and other people are only too happy to assault him on the basis of Redknapp the person, irrespective of whether its knowledge or rumour, anything will do for a cheap shot. David Pleat and Genn Hodddle get the same treatment.

Do my posts appear to you with different words to what I have actually written? Very bizarre.

Quote : Harry is different in some ways as I didn't mind his appointment and think he did a fantastic job at the time in providing the stability I personally craved for years, but he was never going to be the 'long term' 10 years+ manager, he did a reasonably good job, spent half the time promoting himself and working for the media and that was it. He's hardly the bastion of loyalty which you seem to think he deserves.
Trickys post is spot on, well, the above paragraph anyway.
I for one wish him well to a certain extent, (Spurs v QPR results the exception).
He is what he is, he has even admitted quite openly that there is no such thing as loyalty in football, something he did before being appointed Manager at Tottenham.
Harry is liked by just about everyone because of his no nonsense attitude, many people could learn a thing or two, although, saying that, he did put his foot in it a bit the other day when being questioned about the timing of his ( negotiations ) with QPR, trying hard not to step on Hughes shoes and failing.
Watch it on YouTube, bit cringey.
I for one will be looking out for the result in his first game with the 'R's tonight. Anybody else ?:harrylol:

Do my posts appear to you with different words to what I have actually written? Very bizarre.
Not sure what you mean. You took my point and morphed it into a malpractice suit with a doctor - which I would say was a long way from the point I made. Also your point would have made more sense if it had involved a doctor who did the best job ever on you - and that you then subsequently made acrimonious and derogatory public statements about his work, which would be a far closer analogy.

Or have I missed something in your post that suggests that you didn't say that - but that what I said was somehow similar? I'm not trying to be a dickhead about this, if I have genuinely misunderstood a point you were making, then indicate where I have missed the thrust of your argument and I'll try to get my head around it.

Quote : Harry is different in some ways as I didn't mind his appointment and think he did a fantastic job at the time in providing the stability I personally craved for years, but he was never going to be the 'long term' 10 years+ manager, he did a reasonably good job, spent half the time promoting himself and working for the media and that was it. He's hardly the bastion of loyalty which you seem to think he deserves.
Trickys post is spot on, well, the above paragraph anyway.
I for one wish him well to a certain extent, (Spurs v QPR results the exception).
He is what he is, he has even admitted quite openly that there is no such thing as loyalty in football, something he did before being appointed Manager at Tottenham.
Harry is liked by just about everyone because of his no nonsense attitude, many people could learn a thing or two, although, saying that, he did put his foot in it a bit the other day when being questioned about the timing of his ( negotiations ) with QPR, trying hard not to step on Hughes shoes and failing.
Watch it on YouTube, bit cringey.
I for one will be looking out for the result in his first game with the 'R's tonight. Anybody else ?
IIRC Redknapp was our longest serving manager in the premiership, he didn't do a bunk on us, he was sacked - so why are you raising the issue of his loyalty, in regards to us?
Why should his patronising assessment that Reknapp wouldn't last 10+ years be acceptable? Spurs sack managers almost as fast as Abramovich, and lets face it - there are older managers than him still churning out good teams and results.
We sacked the guy for finishing equal to the best finish we had achieved in the premiership years, and he was the other manager that did it. Prior to that you have to go back 25 years to beat it.

and yet in your view we offloaded dead wood. By whose standards? Clearly not by any set by THFC in the last quarter of a century.

I'm not his PR manager (although god knows he fucking needs one) but we need to keep a sense of perspective about the guy, at any other club outside the top 4 or 5 in the PL they would have put a statue up for the man, or a statue of a dead American pervert at the very least.

What a charming individual you are. For someone who rants about "knowing nothing about you", you are very quick to reach judgments about others.

Name calling is for the weak minded and the immature. Since it is a regular fallback for you you have enabled us to at least make that assumption about you.

Besides which, what exactly is it about being compared to Sammy that results in you throwing your toys out of the pram and resorting to this sort of behaviour?

You posted a gratuitously ignorant insult about me, it means that you instantly go into the top slot in my ordure pile of posters. I'm neither weak minded nor immature, nor was I calling you names, I was simply providing you with an accurate description of how you make yourself appear by being a sanctimonious, pontificating know all.

If I wanted to simply hit you with a string of obscene and mindless expletives I would have asked Tucker to do it. In my mind I was doing you a favour by simply telling you what you need to know about the quality and content of your posts.

Now go away and annoy someone else

IIRC Redknapp was our longest serving manager in the premiership, he didn't do a bunk on us, he was sacked - so why are you raising the issue of his loyalty, in regards to us?
Why should his patronising assessment that Reknapp wouldn't last 10+ years be acceptable? Spurs sack managers almost as fast as Abramovich, and lets face it - there are older managers than him still churning out good teams and results.
We sacked the guy for finishing equal to the best finish we had achieved in the premiership years, and he was the other manager that did it. Prior to that you have to go back 25 years to beat it.

and yet in your view we offloaded dead wood. By whose standards? Clearly not by any set by THFC in the last quarter of a century.

I'm not his PR manager (although god knows he fucking needs one) but we need to keep a sense of perspective about the guy, at any other club outside the top 4 or 5 in the PL they would have put a statue up for the man, or a statue of a dead American pervert at the very least.

If he was offered the England job he would of been gone, end of. That's why I am questioning his loyalty. As I have said, loved what he did for us, but, he is what he is, and he is very good at it. History will tell us that he was, up until June of this year, our longest serving premiership manager as you have said, but history will also tell you that while the club stood by him during his court case, he was flirting with the FA. I for one was glad that he was overlooked because I wanted him to stay, but Levy had the conviction to say that events on and off the pitch had to be addressed and he addressed them and called Redknapps advisors bluff. Time will tell that he made the right decision at exactly the right time in bringing AVB in. It's all about the long haul, we have had our fair share of short lived failures, now it is time to build on the foundations that Harry laid down. Onwards and upwards.

If he was offered the England job he would of been gone, end of. That's why I am questioning his loyalty. As I have said, loved what he did for us, but, he is what he is, and he is very good at it. History will tell us that he was, up until June of this year, our longest serving premiership manager as you have said, but history will also tell you that while the club stood by him during his court case, he was flirting with the FA. I for one was glad that he was overlooked because I wanted him to stay, but Levy had the conviction to say that events on and off the pitch had to be addressed and he addressed them and called Redknapps advisors bluff. Time will tell that he made the right decision at exactly the right time in bringing AVB in. It's all about the long haul, we have had our fair share of short lived failures, now it is time to build on the foundations that Harry laid down. Onwards and upwards.
100% agree with the final part, but where was the flirting with with the FA proof? Everyone says that as an excuse for excoriating the man, but what proof exists that he did anything, except to say that he would like to manage England and to say that he thought it was the highest accolade for an English manager?
I grant you, its hardly a firm denial, but he can hardly be accused of being underhand or sneaky - can he? Lets face it, what professional person would turn down a highly paid job that is widely felt to be the professional pinnacle of achievement in your field, my guess is - not many.
The biggest issue isn't his loyalty, its the whining sense of injustice from football fans who become too embroiled in the sport, and forget that its a job to some people. The days of Herbert Chapman, Bill Nicholson, Bill Shankly and Jock Stein are pretty much gone now, with Fergie being the last of that breed - and lets face it, he's hardly likely to dump the Manure job to manage Scotland, is he?

Trust me, if AVB gives us 3 or 4 seasons at the top of the pile and then gets the same sort of shit for moving to manage Portugal or Real Madrid, I will mount the same defence for him. He has more points in his first 13 games than Redknapp, I hope he goes on and betters him in the next 170 odd as well, but most of all I hope he does it - as you rightly say, by building on what was laid down before him.

What a happy yid family we are. Full of respect for one another, and each other's opinions.

:dawsonwtf:

If you get shown a massive amount of disrespect that you did nothing to warrant, then I'm sure you will speak up for yourself.

One thing I have learned about visiting Spurs sites, is that being a Spurs fan, whilst a sign that you possess great taste, does not necessarily mean that you are tackled out for hard thinking.

You only have to go to the ground and listen to the gimps that show up there to know the truth of that statement.

You'll have to take my word on that.........
:)

Apparently Harry stopped showing up to training when he thought he'd get the England job.

From a fairly reliable source, but then again, I don't trust any source 100%, so make of that what you will. Actually I don't care anymore. He's gone, he's at QPR, good luck to him, but more importantly: COYS!!!

What a weapons grade, platinum cased, depleted uranium, supersonic, needs smacking, knob gobbling, base tasting, demotivating, fly buzzing, stool talking, oxygen thieving, BJ giving, fool talking wanker

Back
Top Bottom