We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh hey Hood, that's really helpful right now. Why not drink a bottle of bleach or something?

We were the better team in a shit final. Poor finishing cost us again, but you know what - we got to the CL final you giant bell end. Dared to do. Some fucking magical moments I'll carry to the grave. After 20 years of supporting a fucking disaster of a team from 1989 to 2009 I'll take this CL run thanks.

Feel free to do one.
Drink a bottle of bleach?

What a horrid thing to say.

That goal early sort of helped spurs more then anything. Had the game on the front foot from there and couldn’t take advantage on so many glorious chances. Kane and that questionable penalty are simply escape goats at this point masking a poor attacking performance across the board
You mean scapegoats!! Anyway fuck the Scouse.....

But we are not getting closer are we? That last the problem the same pattern keeps on happening and yet so many think we will get a different result next time - the definition of madness. This team is going to go through a rebuild - the scope for replicating the last 5 years in terms of the players we have hard is going to be extremely difficult.
We obviously look at things differently because I think we are getting closer, consistently in the CL, getting through he group stages and now to the final, getting to semi finals of League and FA Cup a lot more regularly than before.
The team does need some rebuilding but I think we will come back stronger for it rather than this is our best chance.

That's the right attitude...but the club don't think like that. They will never try to win the whole thing as you say. Never really get anywhere as I've been watching this shit for too long to believe their bullshit
Levy like most of us will be over the moon with this season. He isn't going all out for the big trophies. So you will keep being disappointed if you are expecting more.

A big reason a lot of cunts on here are melting is because it's Liverpool. If it had been Barca there would be a different response. We need to forget the opposition and celebrate and respect what we did.
Exactly losing to a really amazing side would of been easier to take.
Yet we lost to a Pool side which played very poorly and were beatable that's why it hurts that much more.

But we are not getting closer are we? That last the problem the same pattern keeps on happening and yet so many think we will get a different result next time - the definition of madness. This team is going to go through a rebuild - the scope for replicating the last 5 years in terms of the players we have hard is going to be extremely difficult.
You say the definition of madness. But it's just football. Clubs go through re-building phases all the damn time. It's just part of the game. You are a wildly immature person.

Im proud we got to the final. I get that.
It's a minor miracle from Poch and the players.

But not spending a bean on players. That's nothing to be proud of. Not when the club records an unprecedented profit statement.

We need to face up to reality. We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners. Poch needs serious backing and we need to start acting like the big club we are. Not some pennyless paupers punching above their weight.

This summer is a pivotal moment in our history
But I do think this summer we will get a different approach from the club regarding transfers.

I don't feel let down but I feel down.
I was thinking of how to celebrate tonight. My neighbour across the road is a woolwich fan so had the Spurs flag ready to put at up stairs front window. Attending the trophy parade. Now empty , dreams shattered.

I hope so. Not because I don't like the team but because I just think it's necessary, it needs to evolve and I'm not sure we've progressed any further this season, matured yes but not really progressed.

Can you not perhaps think of any factors that may have contributed towards our struggles this year?

Besides, reaching a CL final isn't progress?

you must be on crack or just the average white racist.

either way harry kane got preferential treatment for being white and english.

he should not have started today. ANY other player who was injured for over 2 months should not be playing full 90 minutes in a final as soon as they get back. It wasn't like he was on blazing form before he got injured as well.

Yet Winks was one of our better performers.... Hmmmmm.

You say the definition of madness. But it's just football. Clubs go through re-building phases all the damn time. It's just part of the game. You are a wildly immature person.

And we have the market resources to replace players like Eriksen, Kane, Ali, Lloris and Alderwield like for like right? Such change always represents a huge degree of risk - it was a huge achievement in the first place to bring those players together and yet some one you talk as if repeating this again is no problem. Clubs like Dortmund, A. Madrid and Monaco show otherwise. I apologise if I can’t you carry your level of delusion on these matters.

Back
Top Bottom