The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

A FYI - Blatter was against Qatar - this is all UEFFA and Platini

If he accepted a bribe surely Qatar are guilty of bribing - hope it will have an impact but I don't think it will.

The biggest travesty on it (other than the bribing) is they bid and won asummer WC - they beat US and AUS for a summer WC and then they changed it to a winter - -- loads of others may have been interested in bidding for a winter WC.

(* and the slavery - never forget the slavery)

Oh dear.
Michel Platini arrested: Former Uefa president taken into custody over awarding 2022 Fifa World Cup to Qatar

Former France captain has been detained in Paris as part of the investigation into alleged corruption into how Qatar won the right to host the 2022 World Cup

I have no problems with a World Cup being played at a "non-historical" football country i.e Qatar. The only red flag for me is how the country was chosen and the fact that we can have a World Cup in November/December which is fucking insane.

I have no problems with a World Cup being played at a "non-historical" football country i.e Qatar. The only red flag for me is how the country was chosen and the fact that we can have a World Cup in November/December which is fucking insane.
I have a big problem with it being played at Qatar, how many (slaves) sorry underpaid people have been (exterminated) sorry killed building their rotten stadiums!

Last edited:
I’m totally blown away by these accusations of what was clearly a fair bid by the footballing giants that are Qatar

I hope that fifa manage to clear & restore their excellent reputation of FairPlay on & off the field

Sepp Blatter must be turning in his grave

Personally, I'm not planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon!

Poignant post.

And he put forward a good argument for watching it. I’ve not been sold on this World Cup at all for many reasons, just not sure how excited I can get about a winter World Cup.

Won’t be the same will it?

For what?? the pursuit of cash from people like Platini.

Back
Top Bottom