Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ive been siding with poch the whole way and I think he can get this team playing well, already signs we are coming back - but the team selection fucking needs to change, bloody drop eriksen that one really is unforgivable now - ndombele and le celso have to start, they've bedded into the team now - time to play our X11 every time now

I think I am alone in thinking that Eriksen played quite well under the circumstances. He was asked to essentially play right back FFS.

It should have been Sissoko or Dele out wide helping Aurier out with Ndombele playing the central midfield role.

Lol. Remove that Tin Foil Hat!!

Poch is the same old Poch. Nothing has changed. He has always had problems with making changes during the game. His philosophy is to play a certain way; and if that doesn't work, persist.

We clearly couldn't be expected to keep up the pace of pressing we had in the first 25 minutes. We had to sit back and absorb pressure in the hope we could catch them on the break. This almost worked with Son nearly getting the 2nd.

Its a shame that we seemed to abandon the 'long balls' towards Lovren. Kane was winning all of these.
no mate poch has changed, his body language is different, not positive, not happy, wrong choice of players etc,
i hope i am wrong, but poch doesnt look like he wants to be at spurs, and hes holding out for something, otherwise he would just leave.
he wasnt like this before, otherwise we would have seen poch out ages ago.

Rather be a “fake spurs fan” than a fucking imbecile like yourself. What’s wrong with you?

Now knock it off before you embarrass yourself and this board any further.
So you admit you are a fake Spurs fan. I knew it.

But nobody can tell me that was an honest refereeing display by Anthony Taylor - the Spurs players were constantly having to fight him over all these ridiculous decisons one after another or did you fail to see this?

Yes the manager could have picked a better team, yes certain players made mistakes, but the referee went out of his way to change the result and Sky covered it up.

It seems if Sky, which is Woolwich TV, don't say anything you go with their view. Honestly, when Harry Kane scored Martin "The Voice" Tyler was so silent I thought it had already been ruled out. BTW, Gary Neville started saying Kane was offside before the replay which then proved he wasn't, and Neville changed his words.

Gazza was MOM even tho Sky said he wasn't. I just wish genuine Spurs fans here speak out and defend their team whenthey cheat Tottenham.

eriksen as full back?, cant tackle, hardly runs, doesnt hardly header, wtf, playmaker as full back, poch is doing some shady decisions, dele alli for moura, rose instead of davies, why not try kane as centre back quite tall, can header why not cant be worse than other decisions, its just so wrong what hes doing, if he did this in his first or second year, we would have sacked him.

But nobody can tell me that was an honest refereeing display by Anthony Taylor - the Spurs players were constantly having to fight him over all these ridiculous decisons one after another or did you fail to see this?

Yes the manager could have picked a better team, yes certain players made mistakes, but the referee went out of his way to change the result and Sky covered it up.

It seems if Sky, which is Woolwich TV, don't say anything you go with their view. Honestly, when Harry Kane scored Martin "The Voice" Tyler was so silent I thought it had already been ruled out. BTW, Gary Neville started saying Kane was offside before the replay which then proved he wasn't, and Neville changed his words.

Gazza was MOM even tho Sky said he wasn't. I just wish genuine Spurs fans here speak out and defend their team whenthey cheat Tottenham.

Havent read the whole debate here Gobby, but you're not suggesting the ref cost us points are you ?

The moment we went ahead, we looked clueless, couldn't string 2 passes together. The pundits can get fooked as can the ref, but the score flattered us.

Gazza saved us from a thrashing.

Its one thing to defend a 1 nil lead at Anfield, but to complete only 290 passes, and again allow the opp to land 13 shots on goal, was hard to watch.

This one is on Poch.

what i mean by dubious staged penalty, is that he knew aurier was going to clear the ball, and he put his leg in front of ball, waiting for kick.
Yep he did. Exactly. Still a penalty but always a merc. Match 3 and the player is a merc:
  1. someone more concerned with exploiting the rules to gain an advantage that actually playing football.
  2. someone who wants to get players sent off.
  3. Someone who looks to buy penalties. I see you Alan Shearer.
  4. Someone who thinks getting yellow cards by hassling the referee is considered "professional"
  5. Someone who when losing a challenge clutches a part of their anatomy in the hope of gaining a foul or even better, stopping the game when the counter is on.
  6. Refuses to play for their national team unless certain riders are in place.
  7. Doesn't speak to the media unless the lighting is right.

Havent read the whole debate here Gobby, but you're not suggesting the ref cost us points are you ?

The moment we went ahead, we looked clueless, couldn't string 2 passes together. The pundits can get fooked as can the ref, but the score flattered us.

Gazza saved us from a thrashing.

Its one thing to defend a 1 nil lead at Anfield, but to complete only 290 passes, and again allow the opp to land 13 shots on goal, was hard to watch.

This one is on Poch.
Yep he did. Exactly. Still a penalty but always a merc. Match 3 and the player is a merc:
  1. someone more concerned with exploiting the rules to gain an advantage that actually playing football.
  2. someone who wants to get players sent off.
  3. Someone who looks to buy penalties. I see you Alan Shearer.
  4. Someone who thinks getting yellow cards by hassling the referee is considered "professional"
  5. Someone who when losing a challenge clutches a part of their anatomy in the hope of gaining a foul or even better, stopping the game when the counter is on.
  6. Refuses to play for their national team unless certain riders are in place.
  7. Doesn't speak to the media unless the lighting is right.
agreed

I've got the time whilst I drink my tea to post my thoughts. Wasn't expecting much from this game, and as it turned out, game lived up to my expectations!
Didn't think we were going to hold out after the early goal, but thought we soaked up all their pressure really well, and Gazza was outstanding.
But once they scored, there was only one team that were going to win.
You know me, not one for tactics 'n all that. But my feeling about the game is they play with an energy and hunger that we used to. Their wide play especially gave us all sorts of problems.
And I still don't think Eriksen, Rose or TA should be allowed anywhere near our team, albeit they played ok, I suppose. But we need to look to and plan for the future, and if that means a few bumps along the way whilst we bed in a new team, so be it.

You still didn't tell us the score you rascal..:levywtf: For the love of god, tell us we won.
we won handsomely with 2 new full backs, and dominated but didnt cause too many openings with usual full backs, 1-1 crap full backs, 5-0 with 2 quality full backs, i could just tell even on the sim, that we would create so many problems for opposition with these 2 additions.

we won handsomely with 2 new full backs, and dominated but didnt cause too many openings with usual full backs, 1-1 crap full backs, 5-0 with 2 quality full backs, i could just tell even on the sim, that we would create so many problems for opposition with these 2 additions.
Are you in the frame if Poch goes? Just asking because I'd like to get in early on the good odds. At worst you could advise the current regime. Wouldn't be worse etc. etc.

I've got the time whilst I drink my tea to post my thoughts. Wasn't expecting much from this game, and as it turned out, game lived up to my expectations!
Didn't think we were going to hold out after the early goal, but thought we soaked up all their pressure really well, and Gazza was outstanding.
But once they scored, there was only one team that were going to win.
You know me, not one for tactics 'n all that. But my feeling about the game is they play with an energy and hunger that we used to. Their wide play especially gave us all sorts of problems.
And I still don't think Eriksen, Rose or TA should be allowed anywhere near our team, albeit they played ok, I suppose. But we need to look to and plan for the future, and if that means a few bumps along the way whilst we bed in a new team, so be it.
Thought TA actually turned up today Mrs P. but yeah overall one additional chance in the net would've made it different. No disaster to lose but man management? That's a worry after Tuesday.

this is the thing we are so close to a great team, but for some reason poch wont do whats needed to accomplish this, moura son kane how good is that, at least 55 goals there maybe more, but he plays alli instead of moura, just dont understand that, alli hasnt had a good game yet, and def not 1st team, and even eriksen plays, poch was a defender, and yet he plays rose and aurier who are not good, and make so many errors which cost us, you have to question this even if you love poch, spurs come first.

What we really need to do is to sign a good and solid DM. We should stop fooling ourselves, just like people said last summer that we didn't need a new right-back, how we had more than enough options, it has been a disaster.

The sooner we sell and replace the likes of Aurier, Rose, Wanyama and Dier the better, they are done at this club.

Yes, get somebody who actually knows how to tackle hard (Sissoko and winks shadow), then distribute to our skilfully players like Ndombele

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Flashes of good football today, we played up to the competition to some degree. Saw a spark of pride and grit that’s been missing for a few matches.

2. Gaz was outstanding, kept us in the match when we were getting shelled.

3. Son was his usual bundle of energy, I still think he’s the best player on the squad.

4. Don’t think Rose played (or is) as bad as some believe. He’s still got heart IMO.

5. VAR/center should take into account Serge had possession, and was attempting to clear it when Mane got in front of him. Haven’t looked at it closely, but he seemed to be swinging his leg when Mane got there. What the hell’s he supposed to do? We got fucked.

6. Sell Dele now please. He’s at the top of my list.

7. Eriksen is not winning any defensive player awards anytime soon.

8. Sitting back and playing defense, and waiting on the counter may or may not have been the best tactic today, but for God’s sake...... there has to be SOME attempt to possess. Lots of opportunities for controlled outlet passes, but instead they opted to bomb it out to no one or the guys in red. Very frustrating to watch.

A lot of fair points, don’t agree with them all, but fair points I think

Back
Top Bottom