Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The table and the fact that Chelsea slabbed them 5-2 would lean toward favouring me.
One result. I think they have as much talent and an excellent coaching staff. It will all come out at the end of the season. Just hope you're right and we can spank Wolves. Maybe put out a contract on Traore.

Yeah, but what's you eye-test tell ya? That table thing is a cop-out and you know it...especially since you love yourself some statistics and can see football beyond results (except is cases of certain players for certain positions but we'll leave that point for another time). And when was that 5-2?

Earlier in the season.

I think Wolves are a reasonably well drilled, pretty good counter offensive, reactive side who've benefited from being "friends" with one of the games powerful agents.

I have formed no real rock solid opinion of Lampard's embryonic career, early assessment would be he seems to want them play a proactive form of football, but can't seem to coach the reactive side of the game, or how to manage games, at times it seems like he's he's almost de-coaching what Sarri coached, but I think Chelsea's squad is much better than Wolves, and at least they are trying to play a pro-active brand of football, they press very well in early phases, and despite making no transfers for two windows, and bringing in a few kids with very little Pl experience, they are sitting in the CL spot, well above Wolves. (I watched some of their game today and Norwich were comprehensively the better side while I was watching).

Earlier in the season.

I think Wolves are a reasonably well drilled, pretty good counter offensive, reactive side who've benefited from being "friends" with one of the games powerful agents.

I have formed no real rock solid opinion of Lampard's embryonic career, early assessment would be he seems to want them play a proactive form of football, but can't seem to coach the reactive side of the game, or how to manage games, at times it seems like he's he's almost de-coaching what Sarri coached, but I think Chelsea's squad is much better than Wolves, and at least they are trying to play a pro-active brand of football, they press very well in early phases, and despite making no transfers for two windows, and bringing in a few kids with very little Pl experience, they are sitting in the CL spot, well above Wolves. (I watched some of their game today and Norwich were comprehensively the better side while I was watching).
Why were Traore and Buendia on the bench?

Finished reading this very interesting thread. As to the advice I received about watching the game, I compromised, hid behind a large armchair and decided to watch as much as I could and turn it off before it looked like spoiling my day.
Managed about 15'. Why are we so slow starting? They came out all guns blazing and we just stood and watched. No energy, no attacking intention. Sometimes it looked as though there were 22 blokes all playing in the same direction. So many lateral and back passes.
Bang on 15' minutes the inevitable happened. But how did they get 3 attempts? Giroud took it well but I'm disturbed by Lloris not getting a hand on that near side. Perhaps he was recovering from the previous effort. I'm not really sure. I could see the direction the game was going and decided to take the advice of my friends on here and am now happily comfortably full of food and wine, sitting on front of the apple wood fire contemplating the Wolves game coming up. It's a worry. We should have asked Santa for a striker! I think we have to get through the rest of this season as best we can and pray that JM has a vision and Levy doesn't screw him. Otherwise, we might be looking for a new manager by Xmas......not just the many others we need.

Last edited:
I’m a glass half full guy... wasn’t four nil... outplayed, sure, but only one goal in it... if we were that bad, and they were miles better that isn’t reflected on score.... and that’s where it all counts

Earlier in the season.

Really could have used and 'informative' rating here but was forced to 'like' it. Just didn't feel right BC, you know?

So Chels won 5-2 early in the season with Wolves in Europa quals? I guess we'll see coming up but even if one is 'better' there isn't much in it but you said 'much better' IIRC. I think it's the 'much' I had a problem with.

Really could have used and 'informative' rating here but was forced to 'like' it. Just didn't feel right BC, you know?

So Chels won 5-2 early in the season with Wolves in Europa quals? I guess we'll see coming up but even if one is 'better' there isn't much in it but you said 'much better' IIRC. I think it's the 'much' I had a problem with.

No, I stand by the much, I think Chelsea’s squad is much better than Wolves.

No, I stand by the much, I think Chelsea’s squad is much better than Wolves.
Yeah, and I stand by having a problem with that assessment. It seems you have a preference for the brand of footie...and other issues with Wolves. But if they played 10 times you wouldn't put your house on either winning 7/10 at a neutral field. If you put City vs Wham you would because City is 'much better'.

Yeah, and I stand by having a problem with that assessment. It seems you have a preference for the brand of footie...and other issues with Wolves. But if they played 10 times you wouldn't put your house on either winning 7/10 at a neutral field. If you put City vs Wham you would because City is 'much better'.

No, I have a preference for the players Chelsea have as a squad. Ignoring the managers for a minute, just squads, I think Chelsea's is much better. Managers is a bit moot, Nuno is clearly a good organiser, but his brand of football is much easier to organise than the brand that Lampard is trying, with mixed results, to play.

No, I have a preference for the players Chelsea have as a squad. Ignoring the managers for a minute, just squads, I think Chelsea's is much better. Managers is a bit moot, Nuno is clearly a good organiser, but his brand of football is much easier to organise than the brand that Lampard is trying, with mixed results, to play.
Yes, yes, but what about the wager? You see the point it makes? All this other stuff is arguing around the margins. I would imagine you are confident of the 'much better' Chelsea going to the Molineaux and getting a result right? As confident as you would be of healthy City or Liverpool going to another of the 18 teams' place and getting a result because they are 'much better'?

See, that 'much' is getting a little more sticky for ya isn't it?

Yes, yes, but what about the wager? You see the point it makes? All this other stuff is arguing around the margins. I would imagine you are confident of the 'much better' Chelsea going to the Molineaux and getting a result right? As confident as you would be of healthy City or Liverpool going to another of the 18 teams' place and getting a result because they are 'much better'?

See, that 'much' is getting a little more sticky for ya isn't it?

Like when that Chelsea went to Wolves earlier in the season and beat them 5-2 you mean?

How much clearer can I make this, I think Chelsea have a much better squad than Wolves. I think Liverpool and City have a much, much better squad than Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom