Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele did an interview saying things got heated and I'm sure they did but dele has been just as poor
This was interesting: from reading the interview, I got the impression that it was the players who got angry, not Jose. I might be wrong on that, but I thought Dele’s interview came over well - the players are all buying into it.

Not great to call-out N’Dombele, but these are grown-ups and we know that the genuinely great managers buy ready-made with the right attitude. Pep does, Klopp does, SAF did (and binned off wasters - what happened to Pogba??). Poch would only play players with the right mindset which was half the reason why we would buy in Jan and play 18months later - ‘you sign to train, not play’. Jose has got more effort from quite a few - but he’s also had the opportunity to clear out some dead wood which always makes moving forward easier.

Why are people blaming Mourinho for Ndombele being piss poor?

Because shit or not that’s one player, the tactics in the first half were worse than a Sherwood and it comes across as him scapegoating to not take blame for something that was clearly his fault.

Looks like the dinosaur has already identified his victim at his new club, Ndombele.
Victim is really not the right way to look at it. This guy is earning large sums of money and doing nothing. Jose has every right to say what he believes. He's a victim, yes, but of his own inability to actually do something which justifies his place at the club, his wages and his transfer fee. He's a liability at the moment and if he doesn't bother to get himself in shape during the rest of the season, then I say sell him and see who's on the market.

Typical Maureen deflection strategy from the first half performance which he setup the team for To play. Never his fault. Why didn’t he take off Lloris or anyone of the back 5 they were just as bad. Skipp hardly touched the ball. Was tangay meant to do it all on his own? Gio played great but he had dier along side him plus Lucas for added pace. Don’t fall his propogamda. Just look back at the posts during the first half how many were actually calling out ndombele? Most wete for dier Ali Lloris. He just changes the agenda. Shows real class. What impact would this have on his team mates especially people like sissoko who has taken him under his wing. Maureen will lose the dressing room creating a spirit that is not harmonious and he has history on this.
Sure if he thinks his played bad rip into him In the dressing room. Fergie would not have done that in public he would always defend his players . Maureen could have been more diplomatic like saying no one was playing to expected levels and system wasn’t working. But no he lays into one player and basically all post match discussion is about that than one of the worst half’s of football served up by the team which he was responsible for. Would klopp pep or any other top manager do this to one of their own players. His just creating a toxic vibe around the club and dividing the fans.

If Burnley was exploiting the space Ndombele was supposed to be occupying I would agree, but that's not where the pressure came.

Poor individual display does not mean that's why the team was bad.

I don’t think I said that it was

That first half was abysmal and none of our players credited themselves but to continually turn up for our team overweight and to subsequently not put the effort in is unacceptable regardless of how much he cost

Nope he needs to fucking work harder. But it would be nice if folks found it within themselves to give him the same leeway they have given others in the team for the last few years. And Jose isn't helping using his Salem Witch Hunt mindgames. Most folks are falling for it though.
Well he's tried everything else.

Jose explained it in the post match interview. He said in the first half the midfield was not linking play, not pressing and not winning duels. He said he had no criticism of Skipp and called out Ndombele by name.
Yes I know mate I heard it. I mean why the fuck would he not call out any other player in that first half? (I don't think he should have as EVERYONE was struggling with the mess that he set the team up in), HIS FAULT, nothing to do with ANY individual player, not even those that were truly shit like Toby.

Granted that's only one passage of player but absolutely no application or determination there.

Jogging around half heartedly and making minimal effort, he simply has to do better
And that’s my point. JM can sometimes get the tactics wrong, but he isn’t to blame for Ndombele being half hearted and not bothered at all. He needs to offer more, want to play and show why we paid a club record deal for him.

Today (with Skipp starting his first PL game of the season having played 120m wed, Bergwyn, Lamela and Alli)

Ndombele in 45 minutes - 40 touches - 32 passes - 84%

Burnley home (with Dier next to him, Kane, Son, Alli and Moura)

Sissoko in 92 minutes - 42 touches - 32 passes - 81%

One of these players clearly not trying to link the play enough.

Today (with Skipp starting his first PL game of the season having played 120m wed, Bergwyn, Lamela and Alli)

Ndombele in 45 minutes - 40 touches - 32 passes - 84%

Burnley home (with Dier next to him, Kane, Son, Alli and Moura)

Sissoko in 92 minutes - 42 touches - 32 passes - 81%
Fuckin hell mate, you’re a man on a mission.

Sissoko isn’t even playing and you choose to dig him out.

Really mate, I am beginning to think Sissoko has done something personal to you, it’s like an obsession.

Back
Top Bottom