Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Davies, Hugo, Ndombele, Lamela, Lo Celso.
All of them are either out or have spent time out with injury. The man has had to deal with a shell of a squad. I think Jose deserves a full season before we try and run him off. If he comes out in September with 5 CB's then I'll get in line to see him out.

Let's hold fire on shooting Jose until he has signed a decent right back, a new centre half, a holding midfielder and a couple of strikers, plus gets the likes of Sissoko, Son and Kane back and has had a chance to put his own team together. It's only fair isn't it
And what if he doesn't get the players he wants? What then? Do we cut him slack or see that our managers get put in unfair fights?

No the problem with Jose is this. Against Wolves we attacked for 20 minutes, we should have blew them away in that time. We didn't. Then all of a sudden we retreated and let them into the game.

We've done this a lot, either start well and sacrifice the end of the game or vice versa. That is something solely down to the manager regardless of who steps on the pitch.

Jose can whinge, waffle and act pissy all he wants. But currently, he can't even get a 90 minute performance out of the team. That's solely him.

Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Davies, Hugo, Ndombele, Lamela, Lo Celso.
All of them are either out or have spent time out with injury. The man has had to deal with a shell of a squad. I think Jose deserves a full season before we try and run him off. If he comes out in September with 5 CB's then I'll get in line to see him out.

But Mourinho is supposed to be a genius, doesn't 15 million get you a guy who solves problems and outperforms the players available to him? How is someone who needs all the players to be fit and to be able to spend hundreds of millions getting the right players in order to get results worth 15 million?

And what if he doesn't get the players he wants? What then? Do we cut him slack or see that our managers get put in unfair fights?

No the problem with Jose is this. Against Wolves we attacked for 20 minutes, we should have blew them away in that time. We didn't. Then all of a sudden we retreated and let them into the game.

We've done this a lot, either start well and sacrifice the end of the game or vice versa. That is something solely down to the manager regardless of who steps on the pitch.

Jose can whinge, waffle and act pissy all he wants. But currently, he can't even get a 90 minute performance out of the team. That's solely him.
I do agree with this in the sense that he needs to update his tactics. I don't think teams can be consistently successful without a high press. But also don't forget the Poch had went away from it as well. He knew that the team couldn't sustain that style of play anymore.

Like I said, the team is not at full strength so let's wait and see. Oh central midfield is weak and we have no strikers so we cannot dominate games for 90 mins. Painful rebuild mate, remember the words of the last man in charge

No amount of injuries will convince me that he needs to be a negative as his been.

The games against leipzig and Chelsea especially were disgusting.

Csnt wait for harry to get back to be an updated version of john fashanu.

Davies was also carrying a groin injury for most of last season, when the Euro's finished he then had it operated on and was ready to start the pre-season (Tripps too also played through injury with his groin). Was wise to work out whatever it was with Rose given this little nugget of injury news that only came to light after the Euros.

Moot.

Davies was 'dropped' during the 17/18 season... Pre-world cup.

As I've said before, I loved the guy when he first arrived, a total breath of fresh air into the English game and backed with a very successful stint with Porto, he was exciting both at Chelsea and Inter.

Do you see that same person now?

At Porto he had a golden generation and helped by the weakest CL season, he took advantage and won it. Massive Kudos.

At Chelsea and Inter he wasn't limited like he will be now, this is new ground for him, the traditional Jose and the chequebook method doesn't exsist.

Fast forward to his time at Madrid, the time that broke him, you saw the change in him, a snidey, pissy arsehole of a man who was more interested in doing damage to Barca that succeeding at Madrid. Look at what Zizou did after Jose left.

Luckily inherited an excellent Chelsea team with tonnes of big names both starting and in reserve. Got them a league title before it went sour very quickly.

And then Man Ure, £400million+ to turn the FA Cup winners into the League Cup winners and the Europa League winners when no big teams were in it.

So sorry, the fresh faced, free wheeling Mourinho that took over at Porto, Chelsea and Inter doesn't exsist anymore. Now we're apparently looking for him to do something he's never really done before, overhaul a squad with whatever limitations Levy puts on him.

So why look to the man he was 10-15 years ago, when so much has gone on since.
22 cups mate, he's a winner

- apparently thats all you have to say.

Let's hold fire on shooting Jose until he has signed a decent right back, a new centre half, a holding midfielder and a couple of strikers, plus gets the likes of Sissoko, Son and Kane back and has had a chance to put his own team together. It's only fair isn't it

I'm not sure those 9 things are ever going to fall into place at once

It's very rare any manager has his best 11 available at the same time - which is why he needs to stop moaning and get on with the job

Last edited:
One of the Swedish pundits said during the last game that is common that the squad gets more injuries after a change of managers due to different training methods. I've no clue if that's just BS but the situation right now it's rediculous

One of the Swedish pundits said during the last game that is common that the squad gets more injuries after a change of managers due to different training methods. I've no clue if that's just BS but the situation right now it's rediculous
i would imagine Jose's are less demanding compared to Pochs

I would think its probably more down to the new manager having different formations and the squad having been built for the previous guy - so the squad is unbalanced and you can't rotate.

I’m going to support Jose as long as he is our coach but I really wouldn’t mind if he left after this season.

I'll repeat it from the Poch thread;

Jose isn't the problem - nor the sollution - , because Poch wasn't the problem.

So even if tactics, selection, managment can be questioned, it really is much of a muchness.

The worst part of José is that so many fans are buying into the idea that it is his fault, all this.

Money well spent, Levy, money well spent indeed.

So even if tactics, selection, managment can be questioned, it really is much of a muchness.

The worst part of José is that so many fans are buying into the idea that it is his fault, all this.

I've been banging that drum for a while
apparently I'm wrong and Poch was the antichrist

I’m going to support Jose as long as he is our coach but I really wouldn’t mind if he left after this season.
giphy.gif

I sort of agree.

When poch went I got optimistic with this new jose but actually I now think we couldnt have made a worst choice for the job.

The squad is the problem but jose is a problem. I think a younger coach would be making do and coaching small improvements where possible - see arteta .

We look utterly clueless. The squad need refreshing and balancing up, no doubt but jose is compounding it with his awful tactics and big mouth.

Back
Top Bottom