POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
So lemme get this straight, he was shit in 14/15, but then in 15/16 ie the following fucking season he was good but only because he was 'fortunate enough to have an excellent squad' even though bar Alderweireld it was the same fucking squad as 14/15!

I don't know if the lockdown is getting to you or you're over tired or what, but sweet Jesus you are talking some awful ring tonight.

At least I’m not deliberately misquoting you!

Where did I say that he was shit in 2014/15??

It's this acceptance that is the issue. Coming top 4 in the PL or losing in finals, etc should not be acceptable anymore.
Well, thankfully, we've put a stop to that then. So what should be our new goals/the new expectations since that other stuff was for cucks or betas or w/e word you would prefer?

Who is this success oriented manager who speak of? The current manager who is a serial winner? Or the one who had 5 years at Spurs and won nothing?
What did we win the 5 years prior then? And how many CL did we qualify for?

I would imagine that after answering those you will better understand the overachievement that the last 5 years was.

Well, according to the agent the deal didn't fall through due to any financial aspect.

So, if we accept that we were in for him (which we obviously were), and that the financials weren't a problem (as his agent has said) and the player himself didn't back out, it really only leaves one option.
The transfer committee, of which Poch was a part, probably decided, as they have with many loan options recently, not to improve someone else's player because of either a high loan fee and/or no buy option. Just spitballing.

As with every story there's always 2 sides, but on this one I'm going to go with the only available quote from someone involved in the deal.
Here is my take on this; his agent is attempting to smooth the waters ahead of another possible attempt to flog him to us this summer. He is on crazy wages, has bombed at two massive clubs, there's very little interest in him, and the only way is down.

Here is my take on this; his agent is attempting to smooth the waters ahead of another possible attempt to flog him to us this summer. He is on crazy wages, has bombed at two massive clubs, there's very little interest in him, and the only way is down.
Yeah, I was thinking that this morning. Also applies to any other player the agent represents.

I was also thinking that Balague could be lying to back Poch up.
Or Poch could be lying in case he wants to sign him in the future.
I guess we'll never know

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning. Also applies to any other player the agent represents.

I was also thinking that Balague could be lying to back Poch up.
Or Poch could be lying in case he wants to sign him in the future.
I guess we'll never know
Whatever about the quote from his agent, the notion that the Coutinho deal collapsed because "Pochettino was keen to keep the dressing room equilibrium as he has always preferred to work with young players, develop players" is pure fiction, IMO.

If that was the case, how would you explain our interest in Dybala, for example?

Whatever about the quote from his agent, the notion that the Coutinho deal collapsed because "Pochettino was keen to keep the dressing room equilibrium as he has always preferred to work with young players, develop players" is pure fiction, IMO.

If that was the case, how would you explain our interest in Dybala, for example?

Do you think Jose would go for him?

Go for Coutinho? Perhaps. I am sweating blood worrying about the state of our player recruitment, Baz.

Tbh mate I can’t get enthused over any of it while this crap is going on other than having the odd cunt off that is!

Go for Coutinho? Perhaps. I am sweating blood worrying about the state of our player recruitment, Baz.
He's available and his price will be rock-bottom since Barca's leverage will be nil such is their financial state. They will be giving him away (IMO). His wages are a different story. His bit of individual brilliance is exactly what Mou needs and the shiny object to appease a certain group of fans. Sigh.

It seems team building is a very rare skill in football. How many teams are greater than the sum of there parts? So few.

He's available and his price will be rock-bottom since Barca's leverage will be nil such is their financial state. They will be giving him away (IMO). His wages are a different story. His bit of individual brilliance is exactly what Mou needs and the shiny object to appease a certain group of fans. Sigh.

It seems team building is a very rare skill in football. How many teams are greater than the sum of there parts? So few.
I read somewhere he is on £240k.

I read somewhere he is on £240k.
And it will be his last real contract if he were to go this summer. I hope it is not to us but I can't really see anywhere else for him to go that isn't 'down'...and even that is down. Maybe Bayern, after paying ~10M loan fee, will have some interest when Barca are begging folks to take him.

but this could be our new VDV move Five. DL getting him for relative peanuts and PC is good at doing fuckall all game but scoring the odd banger to get folks excited. You liked that one and perhaps this one will scratch that same itch. This type of player seems right in your wheelhouse.

Maybe Bayern, after paying ~10M loan fee, will have some interest when Barca are begging folks to take him.
I am sure I read Bayern have no more interest than the man in the moon in buying him.
DL getting him for relative peanuts and PC is good at doing fuckall all game but scoring the odd banger to get folks excited. You liked that one and perhaps this one will scratch that same itch.
The way this guy plays, you would barely know he is there. No interest in the dirty work and couldn't run a game to save his life. I watched a Schalke v Bayern Cup fixture from a little while back during the week. He wasn't worth a damn between the lines. Hanging around in the left half-space and the edge of the box. Almost every pass seemed to be a backward one.

Last edited:
I am sure I read Bayern have no more interest than the man on the moon in buying him.
Man on [sic] the moon interest in Brazilian starlet - Five

Hanging around in the left half-space and the edge of the box.
So you've seen the whole of his game then? Why Klopp was so determined to keep him I will never know. Perhaps it was personal because it couldn't (or shouldn't) have been tactical. Though I may have had my quibbles with CE at least he was an actual playmaking 10 unlike this joker. Wish he would have stayed at Pool.

Harry Kane is already said to be pushing for an increase if he stays, so who knows?
He gone!

Man on [sic] the moon interest in Brazilian starlet - Five

So you've seen the whole of his game then? Why Klopp was so determined to keep him I will never know. Perhaps it was personal because it couldn't (or shouldn't) have been tactical. Though I may have had my quibbles with CE at least he was an actual playmaking 10 unlike this joker. Wish he would have stayed at Pool.

He gone!
He hasn't gone yet but after next season probably after all is the club going in the right direction for him I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom