Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Mathematically we can.... You think we should give up?

Don’t think the players have given up. There is no 12th man in the stadium now to provide positive or negative energy.

And we have played 30 won 11. The results speak for themselves this season. We are nowhere near the levels we were before.

Anyone thinking we will win 8 out of 8 of our remaining fixtures is optimistic* to say the least.

*mental

Don’t think the players have given up. There is no 12th man in the stadium now to provide positive or negative energy.

And we have played 30 won 11. The results speak for themselves this season. We are nowhere near the levels we were before.

Anyone thinking we will win 8 out of 8 of our remaining fixtures is optimistic* to say the least.

*mental

Question remains.... Should we give up and #PlayTheKids because it looks difficult?

...Or keep pushing until it's not mathematically possible?

I don't think we can get top 4.

I do think we can get top 5 though (meaning potentially CL football).

Chelsea are 9 points clear - they aren't dropping enough points with us winning enough to get to them in my view. 4 points is alot more doable. Especially as we could quite easily go 1 point behind before Utd even play.

Question remains.... Should we give up and #PlayTheKids because it looks difficult?

...Or keep pushing until it's not mathematically possible?

I didn’t see the play the kids bit. So. Nope.

We are paying our “elite” level players millions of pounds. Play them.

They don’t perform then we need to try and move them on. No excuses for not giving 100% wearing our shirt.

Is that the winning mentality everyone craves so much?

......Our target is still possible but fuck it cos it looks tough?

Sad to read this and similar over and over.
It’s realism. Do I honestly expect Utd to drop 4 points more than us in the few remaining games? No. I don’t. The bigger picture is next season and I hope Mou is fully focused on making that a success.

It’s realism. Do I honestly expect Utd to drop 4 points more than us in the few remaining games? No. I don’t. The bigger picture is next season and I hope Mou is fully focused on making that a success.

You've not really answered my question... I'm not asking for a prediction,

I'll save you the bother.

Anyone condoning us playing #PlayingThe Kids before our targets are mathematically impossible has not right to complain about poor mentality from the players later down the line. Stone cold truth.

You've not really answered my question... I'm not asking for a prediction,

I'll save you the bother.

Anyone condoning us playing #PlayingThe Kids before our targets are mathematically impossible has not right to complain about poor mentality from the players later down the line. Stone cold truth.
Sorry I didn’t say exactly what you wanted me to. I shall hang my head in shame and have a long hard look at myself.

Sorry I didn’t say exactly what you wanted me to. I shall hang my head in shame and have a long hard look at myself.

We are essentially debating the spirit of competition... Why so petulant?

.....I can't help if you don't like the ramifications of your outlook.

It tells off everyone, mate. I put it on ignore.
fb15e8b125f544e8cef8c3d1ee3dcfb7--angry-face-my-son.jpg

Ist job is to accumulate as many points as possible and hope it is enough to qualify for Europe. As to next year the first job is to qualify from Group to knock out stages. Team selections will depend on injuries and the strength of the opposition. I never agreed with the weak team we have played in the past in cup competitions meaning either an unexpected exit or bringing on our star players to rescue it in 2nd Half. Playing a bunch of youngsters not used to playing together never works and it is better to play 1 or 2 giving them more experienced players alongside them to help. Yes being in Europa will allow some players to be rested but we must ensure we qualify.

Winning the EL is an avenue into the CL.

At this moment in time in struggling to see us get top 4 next season. Depending on transfers that may change. But I also have not seen enough of a plan yet on the pitch to see how we are going to win football matches week in week out. This is the main thing I'm looking for in the remaining fixtures. Whoever we buy (if we buy) will have to fit into a system that we should be seeing signs of this season.

If Man City are banned it leaves 2 spots for top 4. Reckon Liverpool and Chelsea are going to be there. Man Utd will be challenging and I think Wolves have a squad of being up there again (let's see if they keep their squad together). Woolwich are littered with problems and I don't really see them contending. There's always a surprise team. Leicester may well be up there again.

Depending on how the season is structured post-covid we will need to be ready with a squad that can compete. If we are shrewd the top 3 is on the cards. If not then I think we'll have a similar season as this year.

The remaining games are critical IMO.

Would having a season in the Europa league be a bad thing......providing we take it seriously. lets not kid ourselves we got to the final of the champions league by good luck & ignorance we are in that tournament to make up the numbers and make cash simple as! Doing well in the Europa League is better than playing out the second half of the season with nothing to play for.

Would having a season in the Europa league be a bad thing......providing we take it seriously. lets not kid ourselves we got to the final of the champions league by good luck & ignorance we are in that tournament to make up the numbers and make cash simple as! Doing well in the Europa League is better than playing out the second half of the season with nothing to play for.
I think the CL is gone, I accepted that when the penalty went in on Friday.

And, honestly, not bothered. I want us to give the Europa a go and have for a decade. We can win the fucking thing and maybe a domestic cup at the same time and at least clear out some of the negativity that's clouded over this club for ages. Then maybe we can move forward.

I think the CL is gone, I accepted that when the penalty went in on Friday.

And, honestly, not bothered. I want us to give the Europa a go and have for a decade. We can win the fucking thing and maybe a domestic cup at the same time and at least clear out some of the negativity that's clouded over this club for ages. Then maybe we can move forward.
That’s what I think as well I can’t see why don’t take each competition seriously cups & CL qualification yes it’s a big ask and it takes its toll on a squad and yes our squad is brittle at the best of times but the buzz of a cup run and semi-final, final well we know how that feels.

Ignore him mate. Assfix doesn’t have a bad word to say about Spurs and any negative opinion about the club , he shoots you down. I completely agree with you. It’s not being negative, it’s being a realist. Spurs are simply not good enough anymore to get a CL spot. They have proven that for the last year or so under both Poch and Mourinho. This team is finished and needs massive strengthening to get it anywhere near the level of the real top clubs.

Ignore him mate. Assfix doesn’t have a bad word to say about Spurs and any negative opinion about the club , he shoots you down. I completely agree with you. It’s not being negative, it’s being a realist. Spurs are simply not good enough anymore to get a CL spot. They have proven that for the last year or so under both Poch and Mourinho. This team is finished and needs massive strengthening to get it anywhere near the level of the real top clubs.

So you think the best thing do do is give up. then?

.....It fits your character perfectly tbf.

Jealous, whining pussy.

That’s what I think as well I can’t see why don’t take each competition seriously cups & CL qualification yes it’s a big ask and it takes its toll on a squad and yes our squad is brittle at the best of times but the buzz of a cup run and semi-final, final well we know how that feels.
I understand not getting too focused on the League Cup, fun for the supporters but pays nothing and doesn't really carry prestige anyway...more harm than good from a management perspective. Arguably the FA Cup is going that direction.

The EL however grants CL qualification so should be a big focus when it's available for both fans and the money.

I personally think the LC should just go away, and one of the CL spots should be allocated to the winner of the FA Cup if eligible and otherwise not qualified via the league. Would certainly make the FA Cup relevant again.

Back
Top Bottom