Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made it very clear that on your receiving the yellow- that you at the time cried so loudly about, that you were the most worthy of a yellow on the forum.... you plead no contest!

Since then... nothing has changed- you’ve maintained your position as a paranoid accuser of all and sundry of all things; indicative of the fact that you don’t learn.

Never mind Paddy whoever- you need a month in the bin ⏰🧭🕰

Case... man-up dude !
Piss off, Dennis

We all know who you really are - up all night drunk off your rocker, abusing posters on here

Piss off, Dennis

We all know who you really are - up all night drunk off your rocker, abusing posters on here

I’ve had at least 5 hours snore thanks fella... no work today so I’ve opened a bottle of cider with my breakfast, after which I’ll catch another few hours. If people don’t want urban colloquial abuse they shouldn’t dish it out!

Well time to open up this thread again
Us and Liverpool were at the same stage in 2017/18 , then they invested and we didn't.
Liverpool lost a Champions league final , what's their reaction? fix the squad and then go on to win the two big trophies.
We've lost a champions league final , what's our reaction? By players in positions that aren't really what we needed (so much) and sack our Best manager because that's cheaper than the painful rebuild.

When the club needed to push on , ENIC weren't willing to splash the cash. So many mistakes over the past few years. Staying content with a squad and then being surprised when everyone starts to decline.
Liverpool winning the title might've been a wake up call for a few people that what's going on isn't acceptable.

Us and Liverpool were at the same stage in 2017/18 , then they invested and we didn't.
Liverpool lost a Champions league final , what's their reaction? fix the squad and then go on to win the two big trophies.
We've lost a champions league final , what's our reaction? By players in positions that aren't really what we needed (so much) and sack our Best manager because that's cheaper than the painful rebuild.

When the club needed to push on , ENIC weren't willing to splash the cash. So many mistakes over the past few years. Staying content with a squad and then being surprised when everyone starts to decline.
Liverpool winning the title might've been a wake up call for a few people that what's going on isn't acceptable.
Our owners blew a golden opportunity where as the Liverpool owners seized there's. Wish we could swap. You're right about the wake up. I remember all the posts about not having to worry about liverpool as we are way better, VDV is shit & klopp is a fraud.

Interestingly some said the same about chelsea & man utd more recently. & 1 is now better than us & making more quality signings. The other seems to be on the up & look way better than us thanks to signings like fernandes who we arguably were after but wouldn't pay what it took.
We seem to be getting further away & on the decline under these owners. Peaked a few seasons ago.
They won't take us to the next level. If we are honest 5th would be great for us this season. So we have to lower our expectations & consider 5th or 6th as a good achievement for us whilst ENIC & levy are here.

I'll always cherish that time when we smashed Liverpool so badly that RAWK locked the Spurs thread for two months.

Spurs-Grounds-900x506.png

Earth to melting flogs. This is why we haven't spent.
This is where our money has gone.

Spurs-Grounds-900x506.png

Earth to melting flogs. This is why we haven't spent.
This is where our money has gone.
I'd rather trophies than a new stadium
Look at Woolwich , look how their new stadium has gone down. We should've learnt from them. But either way even if we hadnt bought a stadium , ENIC would've found an excuse not to spend.

Yep, even the most deluded of Levy supporters on here surely must of felt a sense of bitterness last night when Liverpool won the title. We were neck and neck with Liverpool 2 seasons ago. Our incompetent owners and Levy failed to push the club on, whilst Liverpool owners backed Klopp and have built a club for success. Spurs owners harbour no ambition to win trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea and City etc buy to win trophies. Spurs buy to sell on profit.

Yep, even the most deluded of Levy supporters on here surely must of felt a sense of bitterness last night when Liverpool won the title. We were neck and neck with Liverpool 2 seasons ago. Our incompetent owners and Levy failed to push the club on, whilst Liverpool owners backed Klopp and have built a club for success. Spurs owners harbour no ambition to win trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea and City etc buy to win trophies. Spurs buy to sell on profit.
And yet Livetpool were miles behind City and Chelsea 36 months ago and have just blown them out the water this season as well. Almost like there is more to it than just hitting the buy button on FM...

I posted this on the Dippers thread but I think it has more relevance (to me, anyway) here.

First, congratulations to Liverpool. The '30 year wait' is irrelevant as it isn't as though they have been devoid of silverware but for the past two seasons they have been outstanding, and this season Klopp has added the pragmatism needed to win, and win with so much in hand over the others. It is an outstanding achievement.

There's a lot of 'bitterness' here over this. Obviously, the media love-in with Liverpool and the perception of the self-entitlement of a percentage of Liverpool fans doesn't help but looking back, up to last year we finished above Liverpool 8 out of 10 years, and I feel that's more the issue, from a Tottenham perspective. All good managers can get their players to run through walls and 'believe', and Klopp is outstanding but not alone in that - look what Pochettino got out of our squad for so long. However, they had a plan, spent the Coutinho money well, and also bargained well when selling players so have had a relatively low net spend (I think it's £90m). We, on the other hand, built a stadium.

I appreciate the above is an overly-simplistic way of looking at things, and whether they will become a 'footballing dynasty' is open to debate (I couldn't care less) and I also appreciate a club of their magnitude were never going to be out of it forever but they have got themselves back to the top of English football when they were in a worse position than us. Their success, and more importantly our fall, stems from the top.

Back
Top Bottom