Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs-Grounds-900x506.png

Earth to melting flogs. This is why we haven't spent.
This is where our money has gone.
Brilliant I would much rather have a shiny stadium than a decent ootball team to play in it..if you really believe that levy will spend after the stadium is paid then more fool you.
Its all just excuses from slimy money grabber I love the stadium but I would run back to white Hart Lane for some success. Plus other clubs have built stadiums and still continued to act like a football club.

Yeah but have you seen the state of Anfeild I mean seriously its obvious who made the right call... right ...right...guys anyone there?
Oh, That's what all those liverpool fans being boisterous outside anfield was about. Protesting there stadium not being as good as ours. You wait till they see the state of there training ground compared to ours :angryscouser:

Yep, even the most deluded of Levy supporters on here surely must of felt a sense of bitterness last night when Liverpool won the title. We were neck and neck with Liverpool 2 seasons ago. Our incompetent owners and Levy failed to push the club on, whilst Liverpool owners backed Klopp and have built a club for success. Spurs owners harbour no ambition to win trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea and City etc buy to win trophies. Spurs buy to sell on profit.
Well said. Liverpool winning the title makes my blood boil, we had the edge on them only 3 seasons ago.
But our clueless owners showed no ambition and this is where we end up, i personally think that year Leicester won it was our only ever chance

Well said. Liverpool winning the title makes my blood boil, we had the edge on them only 3 seasons ago.
But our clueless owners showed no ambition and this is where we end up, i personally think that year Leicester won it was our only ever chance
The year we finished third and 11 points behind the title winners was our only ever chance of winning the title?

Ok.

I posted this on the Dippers thread but I think it has more relevance (to me, anyway) here.

First, congratulations to Liverpool. The '30 year wait' is irrelevant as it isn't as though they have been devoid of silverware but for the past two seasons they have been outstanding, and this season Klopp has added the pragmatism needed to win, and win with so much in hand over the others. It is an outstanding achievement.

There's a lot of 'bitterness' here over this. Obviously, the media love-in with Liverpool and the perception of the self-entitlement of a percentage of Liverpool fans doesn't help but looking back, up to last year we finished above Liverpool 8 out of 10 years, and I feel that's more the issue, from a Tottenham perspective. All good managers can get their players to run through walls and 'believe', and Klopp is outstanding but not alone in that - look what Pochettino got out of our squad for so long. However, they had a plan, spent the Coutinho money well, and also bargained well when selling players so have had a relatively low net spend (I think it's £90m). We, on the other hand, built a stadium.

I appreciate the above is an overly-simplistic way of looking at things, and whether they will become a 'footballing dynasty' is open to debate (I couldn't care less) and I also appreciate a club of their magnitude were never going to be out of it forever but they have got themselves back to the top of English football when they were in a worse position than us. Their success, and more importantly our fall, stems from the top.
I have a bit of an issue with all this congratulations to liverpool, really...
Fuck them and especially their fans, but I do have to agree with pretty much everything else you have said tbh

Back
Top Bottom