Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho won’t quit. He’ll believe in himself to sort us out. I never used to particularly like him but after seeing the shit he gets from our fans I’m desperate for him to do well just to piss the haters off.

That’s how I used to feel about Sissoko and was delighted when he eventually came good

Poor last night though

Praying José can work something out

Mourinho won’t quit. He’ll believe in himself to sort us out. I never used to particularly like him but after seeing the shit he gets from our fans I’m desperate for him to do well just to piss the haters off.

You really think Jose cares what other think?

He regularly brings up how many honours he wins if people criticise him. I'm sure he'd love to succeed here but I doubt he truly cares if he doesn't.

You really think Jose cares what other think?

He regularly brings up how many honours he wins if people criticise him. I'm sure he'd love to succeed here but I doubt he truly cares if he doesn't.

I think he will care if he’s not successful

I don’t think that he would have said what Poch did about leaving prior to the biggest game in our history

Is there a club he’s managed that hasn’t won anything?

One out of five is being very kind

I agree the whole shape looked wrong last night
What shape? Their back 5 were extremely disciplined and you could clearly see each man staying in his allotted position. Impressive shape I thought. I don't think we had any discernible shape . That's probably why it looked wrong. You're being too kind....

The Mourinho fanboys can paint it any way they want, Wilder saw what Jose was doing, changed tactics to null it and then the inevitable happened.

You can argue Norwood should have been sent off, but I'll tell you one thing, as I said last season, if he played for us, we would be so much stronger and secure in defence and midfield.

Wilder really impressed me last night.
Our new manager?

Playing him centrally completely suffocated him... Even more so considering Lucas was repeatedly dribbling into an already congested central area too.

Genuine question; has Lucas EVER put a cross in for us?
He dribbles until he loses the ball 95% of the time. Not sure what he does the rest of the time.

What shape? Their back 5 were extremely disciplined and you could clearly see each man staying in his allotted position. Impressive shape I thought. I don't think we had any discernible shape . That's probably why it looked wrong. You're being too kind....

I know

Im too good for this world 🌎

He dribbles until he loses the ball 95% of the time. Not sure what he does the rest of the time.

Well he scores

Ajax?
Lest we forget but I get what you’re trying to say

But at least he dribbles both sides of his mouth tbf

They have 7 against 6 in our box.
They have got in behind, with 4 players arriving in the box completely unmarked.
This move started when Lo Celso and Sissoko got dragged wide, leaving a big hole in front of our centre backs that nobody filled. They get dragged wide because Aurier is so far up the pitch.
None of Moura, Son and Bergwijn have an instinct to drop into the space behind them, Dele probably would have.
It was the same against Leipzig.

Learnt absolutely nothing in the 3 month break.

People just scape goat Sissoko because he is an easy target... he's always involved but has poor distribution so everyone gets on his back when he makes a mistake.

Lo Celso was way worse yesterday though. His worst game for us, easily.

Agreed on Aurier though - he gets into good positions because he actually knows how to exploit space and has good stamina... but he always fucks it up in the end... I don't think it's technique either because he sometimes does crazy shit, I just think he panics and overhits his crosses when he has too much time.
That's not it.

Too much time means he has to think.

That's very difficult for someone without any brain cells.

Goal scorer will always be there, but for me the player has peaked, due to the cautious nature of his game.
He and Poch both to blame.
A Golden Boot and bragging rights over Vardy wasn’t worth it.
The man is on course to hit nearly around the same number of goals In what is an injury laden season as a Robbie Keane or Jermaine Defoe would hit in a good “full season” and get patted on the back for it....Kane’s goals to games ratio is fucking insane, and the man has no service worth talking about....you may just have taken Harry for granted a little, and as I said above when he is gone (very soon) you will understand those goals will be priceless....

Lame innit... Just think how badly our little darlings are gonna fair in Qatar! :mourweird:
That's a nice example of the dishonesty now inherent in the game. I can't believe FIFA haven't overturned that ridiculous decision. We all know how it came about and that it was the result of bribery. How can they possibly let it stand. People regularly die of heat stroke.

Back
Top Bottom