Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope - just my inferences. Sorry.

That's fine just wanted to clarify it.

I didn't see anything in GLC to indicate that he was tired or injured, which is part of the reason i wondered if Jose had commented as there could have been an issue we don't know about. We needed his passing so unless he was injured, very odd to take him out, especially when they player PEH, Son and Kane who all would have needed a rest so we weren't worried about fitness concerns for our players.

For Vinicius if you want to take him out for Kane then why not wait until that move was made? I think there was zero reason to take him off for Kane anyways but since he was pulled before Kane came on it makes no sense to me.

...way too ponderous in transition - it looked like we were intentionally letting them get their defensive shape back before moving forward...I blame Winks...
COYS

Anyone else starting to get that another false dawn feeling?

So many players threw away chances to get themselves in contention tonight, worrying question marks around a few of them. And just when we think we have a great squad.

serious doubts setting in here

76e1cca42ae2b97003a8a0f953f22d96.jpg

Honestly dont think he should be commenting on social media like that
Why not ? He's not singling out any one player. He is simply speaking the truth, bad performances don't deserve wins and anyone who goes home on that bus feeling anything other than gutted and disappointed (like he obviously is) shouldn't be playing.
Personally I'd have them in tomorrow at 6.00 am

Well what a complete fuck up - if we were going to put in that little effort why bring on Son, Kane, Hojbjerg and not give them invaluable rest time.
I thought the effort was there in the second half (I missed the first) but we had no direction or plan
Jose went for broke making early subs (something Poch would never do and we moaned) but it didn’t work this time
No biggy but disappointing
We move on and spank Brighton

Analysis:
Bale - has lost it
Lamela - underated
Davis- not good enough at centre back
Sanchez - not good enough anywhere
Reguilon - can’t defend
Winks- can’t do it alone
LoCelso- luxury player
Moura - so underrated by some.
Alli- Not under Mourino.
Vinicius- not too bad. The A team also failed
Royal Antwerp - totally underated
Us fans- we slipped into being totally arrogant cunts just like Liverpool or ManU or Woolwich fans

ref- bias

Winks can't do it full stop. Time to bin him off

Why not ? He's not singling out any one player. He is simply speaking the truth, bad performances don't deserve wins and anyone who goes home on that bus feeling anything other than gutted and disappointed (like he obviously is) shouldn't be playing.
Personally I'd have them in tomorrow at 6.00 am
Which is what the late great Bill Shankly used to do
Imagine Billy Nic??

Back
Top Bottom