Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Funny" also means "dodgy".

Yeh, that's what I took it to mean.. Not funny "haha".

Do I think Kroos is racist? No. Do I think he's very old-school? without a doubt. Hence why he dismissed Ozil's legit complaints about the DFB leaders in 2018 (Ozil came out in support of Aubameyang btw, very telling).

A new generation of people who bring a different vibe & culture will take these criticisms personally, which is why he should have been more careful with his choice of words. That he's an Aryan german with their history just made it low hanging fruit for some.

Evidently so, but that's what I'm bringing into question.

Merely criticising black fella = "racism" is too much of a leap... Unless of course distinct justification is offered up alongside it. You seem somewhat understanding to those reaching of said conclusion, hence I am inquiring thus....

What's "funny"?
What's "dodgy"?
What's "telling"?
What specifically in this context are you implying (both here and below) with your phrasing "old skool"?

To bring it closer to home; When our club promoted their first set of Nike kits in summer '17, they had AJ Tracey and Devlin doing grime sets. AJ Tracey released the false 9 single. A significant amount of our more old school fans started going on about "why couldn't the club use Chas and Dave?!"

How do you think a lot of our more younger, more ethnically diverse fans took those complaints? A lot of us respect Chas and Dave and their contributions to Spurs history, why is it so hard to accept younger people who want to do things a bit differently, something more in line with modern day Spurs?

If anyone in that scenario jumped to the conclusion of "racism"; I'd ask why... Just like I am now.

Too much of a knee jerk leap for my liking....

(I'd suspect those same people would rather Chas n Dave than a plethora of white artists too on the basis of their existing relationship with the club......)

(Not trying to bait here.... I just don't get it.)

Last edited:
Yeh, that's what I took it to mean.. Not funny "haha".

Evidently so, but that's what I'm bringing into question.

Merely criticising black fella = "racism" is too much of a leap... Unless of course distinct justification is offered up alongside it. You seem somewhat understanding to those reaching of said conclusion, hence I am inquiring thus....

What's "funny"?
What's "dodgy"?
What's "telling"?
What specifically in this context are you implying (both here and below) with your phrasing "old skool"?

If anyone in that scenario jumped to the conclusion of "racism"; I'd ask why... Just like I am now.

Too much of a knee jerk leap for my liking....

(I'd suspect those same people would rather Chas n Dave than a plethora of white artists too on the basis of what their existing relationship with the club......)

(Not trying to bait here.... I just don't get it.)
Why would you call someone a bad role model?

Why do you single him out but not your colleague who looks like you for doing the same thing?

Why would you dismiss the complaints of your teammate that you've known for over a decade so quickly?

Old school = less flashy, more conservative, some would say less obviously diverse.

Put yourself in the other persons shoes - "What's so bad about my style, why are you griping about me? What makes me automatically a bad person/negative influence in your eyes? What are our obvious differences? Why are you so resistant to me bringing something different to the table?"

Even if you disagree, it's the outright dismissal of someone's lived experience that's more annoying. As if people are making it up crazily. I related to Aubameyang in that moment tbh.

I don't think that was Kroos intention, but why the hell he didn't make his criticism a broader, more vague one is beyond me. "I hate how THEY do things, my way is SUPERIOR" was essentially his message.

Aubameyang pointed out that he’s done it with Reus

Yes the film has been embraced for that but at the end of the day it’s still a fictional superhero movie. It’s not that deep.

The Wakanda forever salute celebration. I can remember Son and Aurier doing it at least twice. Aubameyang took it a step further with the mask, but he’s now explained he did it for his Son Who I assume is a fan of the character... tie that in with Kroos saying he’s a bad role model and it’s obvious why he’s pissed at Kroos.

Don’t slander my name if we’ve had zero interaction. Don’t question my parenting ability. It’s the same for me.

I’m not aware of Woolwich making a complaint, but I’d compare it to how protective the whole of Spurs fandom get of Harry Kane. The personal slander players get to me is ridiculous. Again, stick to football.

He was definitely policing. Calling someone a bad role model is policing behaviour.

I don’t know if he’s racist but casting negative aspersions on somebody’s character that you don’t know is shitty, and in general society it seems to happen way more easily with one group of people than others (see my prior points about Dele and Tanguy, compared to say Winks).

People will obviously question his motives because such personal comments seem so unprovoked.
Yes shitty but its not racist

I never said it was definitely true but Kroos sure has a habit of putting himself in
"Funny" also means "dodgy".

Do I think Kroos is racist? No. Do I think he's very old-school? without a doubt. Hence why he dismissed Ozil's legit complaints about the DFB leaders in 2018 (Ozil came out in support of Aubameyang btw, very telling).

A new generation of people who bring a different vibe & culture will take these criticisms personally, which is why he should have been more careful with his choice of words. That he's an Aryan german with their history just made it low hanging fruit for some.

To bring it closer to home; When our club promoted their first set of Nike kits in summer '17, they had AJ Tracey and Devlin doing grime sets. AJ Tracey released the false 9 single. A significant amount of our more old school fans started going on about "why couldn't the club use Chas and Dave?!"

How do you think a lot of our more younger, more ethnically diverse fans took those complaints? A lot of us respect Chas and Dave and their contributions to Spurs history, why is it so hard to accept younger people who want to do things a bit differently, something more in line with modern day Spurs?
Massive difference between racist and old school.
Im old school but im definitely not racist

TeamSpirit™ TeamSpirit™

Someone here seems to know everything about Kroos and his, "conservative beliefs", "old man yells at cloud", "german aryan", "smelly previous behaviour".

Who has a racial and political prejudice again?
Looool Surely you cannot be this dense.

Read and decipher.

I gave my personal take, that’s different from how it’s been received in other quarters.

Separate the two before you come at me.

Was the batman and Robin mask celebration he did with Reus (funny how Kroos never mentioned him) at Dortmund political too?

What makes Black Panther political but not Batman?

When the film came out it was a common celebration - Son and Aurier did it more than once.

I loved how pissed off opposition fans would get when we were slapping up teams in the last days of the Lane, and all they could complain about was the various handshake routines we had going.

Jiminez has pulled out the Luchardor mask more than once too - Watford were stupid for complaining then as well btw.

My overall point is people need to stop policing harmless fun. That’s all it is. If it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing.
Exactly. And jokes aside, Kroos is being ill advised at best to name another player actually quite unprofessional. I'm supprised at him. Football is an odd game as Matt Docherty can testify save your "opinions" on other players/clubs for the post playing memoirs, its not at all inconceivable that the bloke your slagging off (be it Griezmann or Aubameyang) could be sat next to you end of the next transfer windows. I bet his agent has a word.

Can we get this thread back on track please to taking the piss out of the scum? Last few pages have been about as funny as fucking covid. Come here for a laugh and some mockery and it's descended into utter heated nonsense.

Any humorous insights, news, giffs most welcome.

Maybe he got sick of ozils bad attitude which has been very evident in the past 3 years. I suppose that makes arteta racist.
How is his attitude bad? Aside from the fact that Özil has naturally declined, his biggest crime was upsetting Arsenals Chinese commercial partners by pointing out human rights issues.

Kroos was shocking at WC 2018 so he can’t come for Ozil when it comes to performances at that tournament. Got run over in open play in all their matches.

Looool Surely you cannot be this dense.

Read and decipher.

I gave my personal take, that’s different from how it’s been received in other quarters.

Separate the two before you come at me.
I don't need to "decipher", that's what you seem to be doing.

I'm stressing that you in every post is coming off as "I'm not saying Kroos is racist, but..."
Which is hilariously ironic in the context of the discussion.

I don't need to "decipher", that's what you seem to be doing.

I'm stressing that you in every post is coming off as "I'm not saying Kroos is racist, but..."
Which is hilariously ironic in the context of the discussion.
... but he’s leaving himself open to attack for people who are more sensitive than me!” That should be obvious. I’m Fairly neutral on Kroos but I can see why he’s got people’s backs up.

My threshold is different from the next person. People’s levels of being offended are different. I don’t claim to be the authority on what is or isn’t racist per se.

Is that fair enough?

Back
Top Bottom