Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He makes us tick. Jose has to trust him ahead of winks and sissoko. It’s a no brainier.

Made for that deeper role.
defo better deeper. more players in front of him gives him more options and ways of ruining a team. love it

so we got ndombele and hojbjerg now who we can consider genuine class CMs..if lo celco can come and join the party we would be cooking on gas..probably still need 1 more to be a real contender

I think tnrw criticism Jose gave him against Burnley was defo unfair. The stats did not back up the criticism. Tenet have been plenty of players during last 18 months who have fucked up royally and Jose let’s it pass specifically dier and davies. They don’t get the same treatment being called out publically. Ndombele is one of our truly skilful players and we need as many of them as possible.

They didn‘t get the same criticism because they don’t have the same talent. People expect lesser players to reach a lesser level. Tanguy had incredible talent and was playing like a lazy kid. Nobody can deny that Mourinho was right in his assessment of Tanguy, just look at the difference in effort today compared to what he showed in that Burnley game.

Today was his best game for Tottenham by a country mile, he was working his nuts off, playing exquisite passes, looked fast and scored a sublime goal. He must aim for this standard in every game from now on and Mourinho must play him in the deeper central position. I think he will because he singled him out for praise in the post-match.

Last edited:
Mate there's people on THIS thread tonight still passing off this crap. The bloke was doing when he arrived then got injured then the bloke he came here for has a melt down then gets Covid, then struggled to get fit(ask Dier went through the same thing post illness but weirdly his mentality was never questioned. I wonder why).Now he is back at his correct level the same as he was at Lyon ripping the ass of of City and Barca and its some how because of Mourinho's genius tough love. LMFAO
N'Dombele's attitude improved at the exact moment Dele Alli's attitude went bad apparently. 🙄

Tanguy is too strong for Dele ...
He knew the Hell with Amiens in L2 but he did the job to help the club to up in L1 . He did exactly what Skipp is doing this season . He said to the French Media he got too many pride and wants to prove that the others were wrong .
Dele should be loaned to sunderland to know the reality

I genuinely think with Skipp in the pipeline, and with Hoj and a fit Ndombele - assuming we get last season's Gio back - we are only a defensive line away from being European contenders again. Not just EPL contenders, but regular European contenders. We have that level of depth now that we didn't last time.

Have to figure out CB. It is a travesty that we haven't yet. Levy it's time.

Comparing some of those Lyon clips, I actually think he’s improved. He doesn’t hold
on to the ball as long; beats the press and then looks to pass immediately.

That can’t be! Jose never improves players and never gets the best out of his talented players...it’s only one of the other elite managers/coaches who can do that.

N'Dombele is transforming himself into a Luca Modric with balls. Yesterday he gave us Winks, Sissoko and Dele all in one player. It was like playing with 12+ men on the pitch.

Can't speak highly enough of that performance.

Back
Top Bottom