Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How well these posts from when the line up was announced have aged...

Sanchez at CB seems a disaster waiting to happen

FFS Aurier and Sanchez

How the hell is Sanchez starting?

Sanchez again FFS

Sanchez over Rodon? Why?

Why is Sanchez suddenly in favour with Jose?

Sanchez is getting games so his transfer fee doesn't drop!

I'm really not happy with Sanchez…

Can you see yours there?
Mate there will be people choking on their posts by the time the season is over.

I think it's totally normal to give a comparison to two Fullbacks and what they give thier team (we've compared Rose and Walker for years). I've not said anything bad about Reggie, I'll say again and again..........I really, really enjoy watching Reggie play football in this team.

It's just that he's got some way to go before he's at Aurier's all-round level.

If we're comparing them as players - then I agree.

Aurier is definitely our best overall defender and has shown that this season. Reguilon has shown some VERY good defensive performances, his defensive performance against City at home was exceptional but he's also had plenty of moments where he's been very weak, not followed his man or been well out of position.

I can't even remember the last time Aurier has made a mistake, certainly a mistake that lead to a goal. Leicester at home perhaps? Which was what? Two and a half months ago?

If we're comparing them as players - then I agree.

Aurier is definitely our best overall defender and has shown that this season. Reguilon has shown some VERY good defensive performances, his defensive performance against City at home was exceptional but he's also had plenty of moments where he's been very weak, not followed his man or been well out of position.

I can't even remember the last time Aurier has made a mistake, certainly a mistake that lead to a goal. Leicester at home perhaps? Which was what? Two and a half months ago?
Which is all I'm saying.

The bias is still very weird within this fanbase, it clouds an awful lot of player judgement. Reggie was superb against City, but he didn't have to run more than 25yrds up the pitch (as most of the defence and DM's didn't) the low-block dictated this.

How well these posts from when the line up was announced have aged...

Sanchez at CB seems a disaster waiting to happen

FFS Aurier and Sanchez

How the hell is Sanchez starting?

Sanchez again FFS

Sanchez over Rodon? Why?

Why is Sanchez suddenly in favour with Jose?

Sanchez is getting games so his transfer fee doesn't drop!

I'm really not happy with Sanchez…

Can you see yours there?
Sanchez not normally as good as that tho is he. Having Toby with anyone is good as he is actually good

Name three who are better ... and then show any statistics that prove it .... we're waiting

I'd say Robertson and Digne are better.

Struggling to think of a third that's better though. Shaw is performing really well for United. And I dont watch enough Chelsea to know how well Chilwell has performed.

Last edited:
I'd say Robertson and Digne are better.

Struggling to think of a third that's better though. Shaw is performing really well for United. And I dont watch enough Chelsea to know how well Chilwell has performed.

I think the art of defending has gone downhill - with TAA getting massive plaudits last year full-backs who are great going forward but terrible actual defenders became all the rage.

Chilwell is very decent but Alonso has kept him out a few times because even at 30 he's still arguably a better defender, just nowhere near as mobile anymore.

I would say Chilwell and Robertson top two so far this season with Reguilon a close 3rd - and he's the one playing his first season in the EPL - behind them Digne and Cancello (I'd rate Cancello higher apart from his awful display against us at our place and the fact he hardly ever has to defend)

Man, I would take Tierney over Reggie all day long.
Losses the ball as much as Reggie I feel, also get that sense he's as out of control as he his too. Think he's more aggressive and a tad stronger and has a good engine on him, runs the line all 90. That last bit is a bit of an unknown with Reggie as a collective we're either taking our foot off the gas on a lead or playing a shite first half and don't start playing until the last 10mins, hardly a game played where we've played well across 90 mins.

Provide me with data that say they're not.
Well you could take Spurs 2 Man City 0 the only game Reggie and Cancello have been on the same pitch ....

Reggie was the dogs dangles, Cancello was utter shite .... sure only one game so

How about Sport-co - they use Opta ratings ... they have Reguilon as number 5 in Europe, only Robertson in the EPL is ranked higher ....

Best Left Backs in European Football in 2021 - Sportco Top 5 List

Now show me your data that says he's not in the top three in the EPL - still waiting

Back
Top Bottom