Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I recall that too.

And the point is valid. It’s not about spending money, it’s about spending it in the correct manner.

Sissoko wouldn’t suddenly become able to pass the ball if we’d spent £70m on him.

And sides like City are able to throw more shit at the wall than we are, due to “significant” sponsorships, etc. They can afford some misses in their transfers, whereas we can afford that less.
I think City in the last 8yrs or so have the smartest strategies in build their team, whilst every team has the risk of a player not working out, they, in reality, have very few of these examples (unlike those early Sheik years). Chelsea is the one that buys a ton of players for big fees that fail to work out (yet when it comes to selling players they make a mint on old has beens), it's a funny old game.

It's usually not as much as what we think when we buy and always more than we think when we sell.

Weird.
The public will never know the true value of a transfer.
Let's say we, reportedly, buy a player for £60m.
That can be made up of different fees:
Selling club receives £45m
Player receives £5m signing bonus (spread over the length of contract)
Agent receives £10m

This means we spent £60m on a player, but the club we bought him from sold him for £45m.

Not saying this is true, but it does explain the different numbers reported by selling and buying clubs.

The majority of our transfers are undisclosed so numbers are leaked around, I honestly feel that incomings have usually been overestimated in reports and outgoings underestimated when the numbers hit the press.

The Bale sale was one that came out later as being worth more than Ronaldo's fee, recently fees have come out that were less from Ajax and Lyon.

I personally feel that our transfer activity is too much about financial value/risk than football for the most part.

So the Saudis then. I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. (Certainly bullshit but you never know, thought our Jewish ancestry would save us from the Arabs)

Last edited:
Please let us be run by people who need to whitewash their moral and money by investing in our club. I hope they allow our women at the club to drive a car, are allowed to dress the way they want and don't need a male guardian while working. Hopeful the journos critising the club avoid being cut in small pieces.

So yes, please give us the Saudis.

It wouldn't only be a takeover, it would also be a moral bankruptcy.

Ndombele - Lyon confirm how much Tottenham paid to sign Tanguy Ndombele last summer

Sanchez - The Dutch side confirmed the 21-year-old would depart as Tottenham pay a transfer fee of €40 million (£36.6m) that could rise to €42m (£38.4m) with add-ons, depending on his appearances and success at the club.

Lo Celso

The fee Tottenham end up paying is usually quite a bit cheaper than reported...funny that. We're nowhere near competing with the teams we expect to be around wrt. spending. Wages too, amongst the least in wages/turnover.
Would you feel happier if we bought Tanguay for £100million instead? :mourshock:

So the Saudis then. I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. (Certainly bullshit but you never know, thought our Jewish ancestry would save us from the Arabs)

If this was true which I don’t think it is ,
And you are about to buy a club with very deep pockets financially , why would you want to get rid of Jose? Surely you would want a “chequebook” manager over someone unproven?

I think City in the last 8yrs or so have the smartest strategies in build their team, whilst every team has the risk of a player not working out, they, in reality, have very few of these examples (unlike those early Sheik years). Chelsea is the one that buys a ton of players for big fees that fail to work out (yet when it comes to selling players they make a mint on old has beens), it's a funny old game.
City were planning for Guardiokas arrival a couple of years in advance...poached Barcelona sporting director and CEO. Whikst they did this the British media couldn't put 2 and 2 together, and convinced them selves he was joining the chavs

Great point. Whilst they do have unlimited funds, they have a great scouting / selection team as very few of their buys completely fail unlike Chelsea

snow white do not want GIF

Pleat regards the training centre as Levy's greatest legacy. It was constructed in a way that allows parents to plot the progress of their child as they go through the building. The club view it as a major asset in persuading youngsters to join them.

There is the famous story of Levy attending the formal opening of the Football Association's St George's Park training facility in the Midlands. Levy was in attendance, he said quietly, because he wanted to see whether it was better than his own. He decided quickly it wasn't.

But i thought it was down to winning mentality?!

If we ever splash the cash, watch "spursy" die overnight.

You gotta wonder about poor old levy still racking his brains trying to figure out how city got so good. He's got all sorts of theories pinned up on his walls at home.

Yes but they have bought multiple players for high prices and that doesn’t even take into account wages which means they can get A grade players easily and is often more important than transfer fees. We are not comparable really.

If we want a big player we have to hope that other big clubs are looking the other way and the player isn’t driven by wages. City don’t have this issue.
Oh no. & now he & his fans are racking their brains over how city attract so many good players compared to us. :mourfacepalm:

Please let us be run by people who need to whitewash their moral and money by investing in our club. I hope they allow our women at the club to drive a car, are allowed to dress the way they want and don't need a male guardian while working. Hopeful the journos critising the club avoid being cut in small pieces.

So yes, please give us the Saudis.

It wouldn't only be a takeover, it would also be a moral bankruptcy.
Please let us keep using our smart phones we acquired through small black african kids forced in to slave labour & being exploited. & when another mine collapses & kills him, we can say well we needed our smartphone to get by in the modern world. That's before we get in to clothes, food, cars etc we buy & use thanks to disgraceful exploration & slave labour.
You, me & all of us on here are morally quite wrong/bad. Obviously they are a lot worse but that doesn't pardon us of our sins.

Back
Top Bottom