Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh you said we held Mancity better...no we didnt. Only Lloris managed to make some great saves and city missed some decent chances. They created chances after chances while we did nothing (0.04xg). This was the worst performance from our side in years with just luck saving us.

I don't follow xG as much as others, and not sure you do as well so just using this post as a general question not just directed to you, but how does xg account for the PEH play where he had a clear chance but flubbed it with a dumb, dumb pass?

Do we get "points" for the chance or does PEH not shooting mean that they is no credit?

I know we didn't do much but the GLC shot and PEH chance seem like better chances than we have had in other games under Jose with higher xg numbers.

I think this is probably the most uniting spurs fan moment in recent times. People may disagree on mourinho, the ESL but everybody's last ounce of hope left their body to see sissoko coming on.
Yeah. There are very niche occasions where Sissoko still does a job (e.g Marine FC), but combining him with Winks makes them both even worse than normal.
I'd love both of them sold this summer.

I don't mind Winks as a deep bench option next season. But his role needs to be clear to the new manager. Only for the likes of early round Europa and cups, and some last minute subs to see a two goal lead away if rest is absolutely needed.

We have a lot of player swaps to make this off season. Winks can be fine in the above role. Sissoko however needs to go. I don't trust him even for the above roles.

He's horrible at defence. He's horrible on the ball. And he has zero vision to speak of. And for all this talk about engine, I've never actually seen him impact a play by running back or chasing the ball. Far from it, we're more often burned because he doesn't do the bare minimum. He needs to go or, if we can't, get the Rose treatment.

I don't follow xG as much as others, and not sure you do as well so just using this post as a general question not just directed to you, but how does xg account for the PEH play where he had a clear chance but flubbed it with a dumb, dumb pass?

Do we get "points" for the chance or does PEH not shooting mean that they is no credit?

I know we didn't do much but the GLC shot and PEH chance seem like better chances than we have had in other games under Jose with higher xg numbers.
That is a good point. Didnt think of the PEH one as much of a chance at the time as he was very unlikely to shoot(or at least score) from there. It should affect xg though but it doesnt because he didnt shoot. I guess once and for all this xg thing needs to be put to bed for good.

What Locelso shot are you referring to, ive forgotten already.

That is a good point. Didnt think of the PEH one as much of a chance at the time as he was very unlikely to shoot(or at least score) from there. It should affect xg though but it doesnt because he didnt shoot. I guess once and for all this xg thing needs to be put to bed for good.

What Locelso shot are you referring to, ive forgotten already.

I think it was around the 50th minute GLC had the only threatening shot on net. Was a really good chance that almost went in, I’ll check when I get home to let you know exactly when it was.

I think it was around the 50th minute GLC had the only threatening shot on net. Was a really good chance that almost went in, I’ll check when I get home to let you know exactly when it was.
It wasn't a good chance. It was a decent strike from distance which the keeper saved pretty comfortably.

I imagine speculative shots like that have a very low xG anyway.

Sorry that the truth bothers you so much.

But always fun to see how fast you have to rush to personal attacks when you are shown to be wrong time after time.
I'll make it easy for your little pea brain and leave it at this:

Being in possession of the ball outside the box does not equate to a "good chance" as you put it. Maybe for someone like Mahrez or Messi you could argue it because they are known for scoring from distance - Lo Celso is not. Even then it's not a good chance it's a promising position. No one screams "how the fuck did he miss that!?" when someone shoots wide from 30 yards.

A good chance is being close to goal and where the odds favour the attacker scoring as opposed to the goalkeeper making a save. If he allowed that strike in the keeper has fucked up.

Ergo, you are wrong YET AGAIN. Bye bye bimbo.

I'll make it easy for your little pea brain and leave it at this:

Being in possession of the ball outside the box does not equate to a "good chance" as you put it. Maybe for someone like Mahrez or Messi you could argue it because they are known for scoring from distance - Lo Celso is not. Even then it's not a good chance it's a promising position. No one screams "how the fuck did he miss that!?" when someone shoots wide from 30 yards.

A good chance is being close to goal and where the odds favour the attacker scoring as opposed to the goalkeeper making a save. If he allowed that strike in the keeper has fucked up.

Ergo, you are wrong YET AGAIN. Bye bye bimbo.

Once again you are wrong as usual.

If that ball curls in nobody says what a poor play by Steffan they talk about the great shot by GLC, who was known for his shooting ability while at Real Betis.

It was a good chance because they was a decent shot it could go in, it wasn't a speculative shot hoping the goalie would fuck up it was a quality shot from a good position with a good chance of going in or forcing the goalie to make a quality save.

If all you count as quality chances are sure fire goals then you need to change your view of a quality chance. That shot was 100% a quality chance, sorry that it makes you angry that we had one and that GLC was the guy who made the good play, but your crying doesn't change reality.

Once again you are wrong as usual.

If that ball curls in nobody says what a poor play by Steffan they talk about the great shot by GLC, who was known for his shooting ability while at Real Betis.

It was a good chance because they was a decent shot it could go in, it wasn't a speculative shot hoping the goalie would fuck up it was a quality shot from a good position with a good chance of going in or forcing the goalie to make a quality save.

If all you count as quality chances are sure fire goals then you need to change your view of a quality chance. That shot was 100% a quality chance, sorry that it makes you angry that we had one and that GLC was the guy who made the good play, but your crying doesn't change reality.
I can't conversate with dum dums

Igula walking from his bedroom to his basement to get on TFC:

Run Coming GIF by Bakarmax

hope he learns from mistakes, we are not playing in the park
he told the team to play like a Jose team so why sack Jose last week ?
why didn't Levy get Hoddle in till the end of the season, ho yes it would have cost money

Ryan is a cheap option till the end of the season
Just like Timmy was

Back
Top Bottom