Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance last night. Hopefully he can stay healthy and nail down that deep lying playmaker role as his own.
Much more to come, but I'm pleased to see him playing there at last.

Compare him to Tanguy in that role - he has better positional intelligence, he moves the ball quicker and chooses the right passes more often. Also he's a tough little nut.

Still lacking a bit of sharpness, but we've seen he has another gear. Hopefully we'll start to see that as his fitness builds.

Much more to come, but I'm pleased to see him playing there at last.

Compare him to Tanguy in that role - he has better positional intelligence, he moves the ball quicker and chooses the right passes more often. Also he's a tough little nut.

Still lacking a bit of sharpness, but we've seen he has another gear. Hopefully we'll start to see that as his fitness builds.
Tanguy doesn't have the grit or defensive workrate to play the role that Gio does. At least not in a league like the Premier League. We probably get the most out of Tanguy by playing him almost as a 10. Exploit his creative flair.

He's regressed this season
Perhaps injuries have caught up to him.

Thought he did alright yesterday and he was distributing the ball very well. Don't think he could've done much more in that CM position. But didn't do better than say what Ndombele would do.

Gio is like modric in that he his always moving around looking for the ball and will lovely little first time ball. He did that for first goal v soton passed round the corner to tanguy. Even yday he paid a nice ball through the kegs of a SU player. Him and tanguy need fully intergrating to the team. They are the sort of players you need who are far technical and comfortable on the ball. We need to see the back off winksissoko.

Think the club regrets not spending the money on Fernandes?
Definitely. Some crazy bad opinions about Fernandes out there, super competitive, never gets injured and a brilliant player. A tough summer to sell players though, hopefully the new coach can get the best out of Ndom, Gio and Dele because I don't see Levy parting with any of them unless there's a big bid from a PSG, Atletico or Juve size club.. nobody else will have enough money.

He's getting better the more he is playing. Spent a lot of time injured and there's no substitute for in game minutes to really get your flow back.looks to be turning a corner I just hope he stays injury free for a long spell now as in his first season he was really offering something to this side with his dribbling from deep and opening the play up.

He looked really good in Sheffield game until he was stamped on and his face started to swell.

Strange how Sky were laughing at his injury when they showed him in the stands....

He looked really good in Sheffield game until he was stamped on and his face started to swell.

Strange how Sky were laughing at his injury when they showed him in the stands....
I hope we have him going through some concussion protocol after that knock.

Head injuries are nothing to mess with.

Back
Top Bottom