Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did you feel we did today ?
Played like a collection of footballers with no team ethic or purpose. The central defence was left without a central midfield to protect it and Leeds suckered us in with old fashioned wing play, which meant our fullbacks often had to try to mark two attacking players as neither Bale or Son came back to help. The central defenders got pulled wide and left a channel down the middle. We had no coherent plan to deal with it, and Hojberg decided to celebrate with one of his poorest performances in our colours. Making things worse.
Kanes goal should have stood, he was level so he was onside. VAR has gone from being an aid to the sport to being AIDS to the sport, its use has become ridiculous.
They played a better game than us and won on merit.

Lots of people who post on here are an embarrassment with their hysterical tirades against the same players, often when they were not the root cause of the problem.

Hojbjerg and Regulions form is a massive concern, but soon the pain will be over, the club needs a charismatic manager but I hope they keep Mason as his shadow, so he can learn about man management and motivation.

What's worse than anything is that I just felt apathetic. A sort of nothing. Third goal went in and I closed the laptop, hand cranked a fray bentos pie out of its tin and had a game of yahtzee. How fucking tragic is that?

Someone should shave Dele’s head.
No we are not only kane. The problem is the squad is shit without him. He is the one player we have that walks in to any team in the world. People deluding themselves into thinking this is a good squad is the real nonsense.
But not many teams have players that would walk into any other team. How many Leeds players would walk into any of the top 4?
It’s a team game .we just do t play like a team. Out front 4 today were shocking : lazy, arrogant, kept losing the ball and basically played as if “why should I bother” just expecting to have the ball given to them. Compare Bamfords performance to our forwards. He held onto to the ball well and played in other players. Our forwards want to hog the ball. All 4 lost the ball so many times as soon as a Leeds player breathed near them! Son, dele and bale are so weak at holding off a challenge.

What's worse than anything is that I just felt apathetic. A sort of nothing. Third goal went in and I closed the laptop, hand cranked a fray bentos pie out of its tin and had a game of yahtzee. How fucking tragic is that?
Not gonna lie, it's right up there ;)
How was the pie? Haven't eaten one of those for years.

But not many teams have players that would walk into any other team. How many Leeds players would walk into any of the top 4?
It’s a team game .we just do t play like a team. Out front 4 today were shocking : lazy, arrogant, kept losing the ball and basically played as if “why should I bother” just expecting to have the ball given to them. Compare Bamfords performance to our forwards. He held onto to the ball well and played in other players. Our forwards want to hog the ball. All 4 lost the ball so many times as soon as a Leeds player breathed near them! Son, dele and bale are so weak at holding off a challenge.
Agree...... we need to sell so many of those in the starting line up its a joke.... but Levy wont want to spend upwards of 300 mil just to compete

Played like a collection of footballers with no team ethic or purpose. The central defence was left without a central midfield to protect it and Leeds suckered us in with old fashioned wing play, which meant our fullbacks often had to try to mark two attacking players as neither Bale or Son came back to help. The central defenders got pulled wide and left a channel down the middle. We had no coherent plan to deal with it, and Hojberg decided to celebrate with one of his poorest performances in our colours. Making things worse.
Kanes goal should have stood, he was level so he was onside. VAR has gone from being an aid to the sport to being AIDS to the sport, its use has become ridiculous.
They played a better game than us and won on merit.

Lots of people who post on here are an embarrassment with their hysterical tirades against the same players, often when they were not the root cause of the problem.

Hojbjerg and Regulions form is a massive concern, but soon the pain will be over, the club needs a charismatic manager but I hope they keep Mason as his shadow, so he can learn about man management and motivation.
This team is finished.... we never pass short and move to support.... like all the best teams do.... our players seem to think they can run past everyone on thier own.... for once Loris earned his corn

Not gonna lie, it's right up there ;)
How was the pie? Haven't eaten one of those for years.
You know, with baked beans and mash it's the right side of shite. A proper early 80s treat when we didn't have a pot to piss in. I should have thought ahead and got a Viennetta for afters.

What puzzles is me is half of these players are bezzie mateswirh mason why didn’t they actually show some fight desire work ethic for him today. The performance was flat. Even if his not a great motivator and at 28 is unlikely to be yet the players would surely put up a fight for him? Considering we still had a chance for top 4. His mates let him down big time.
Having said that he should not have been put in this situation. Get rid of Dino was correct may be too late. However why didn’t we just bring in Harry he’d have commanded respect and players like bale would have played for him and Harry would t have taken any nonsense. He would certainly have them motivated.
I don’t get levy decision making on this one.
They performances have been no better / no worse under mason than jose except may be there is less toxicity. But you’d think that would have lifted the players , unfortunately not.
Look at what Tuchel has done at Chelsea amazing work since he joined. Whilst we just plod through the season with a 29 yr old with no experience what so ever. Not dissing mason not his fault but levy’s for his lack of for thought!

Need to keep this momentum going in the league. Leeds have been pretty bad against the big teams outside of Man City.

Loris
Aurier Toby Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Dele Son
Kane

No idea why Ndombele isn't playing but he deserves to be playing over Lo Celso and Winks.
Only ...Kane & Son belong in our team.... Bales on loan as he is not wanted by Real Madrid ...says it all......the rest of that team needs to be sold ...not good enough for Spurs going forward......

Foot note........ Pundits are suggesting Graham Potter..... Graham Potter to take over at Spurs...... I would sooner have Wenger.... then comit harikari

Only ...Kane & Son belong in our team.... Bales on loan as he is not wanted by Real Madrid ...says it all......the rest of that team needs to be sold ...not good enough for Spurs going forward......

Foot note........ Pundits are suggesting Graham Potter..... Graham Potter to take over at Spurs...... I would sooner have Wenger.... then comit harikari
By the time the rest of the team would be decent, Kane and son would be past it and have no value.

What puzzles is me is half of these players are bezzie mateswirh mason why didn’t they actually show some fight desire work ethic for him today. The performance was flat. Even if his not a great motivator and at 28 is unlikely to be yet the players would surely put up a fight for him? Considering we still had a chance for top 4. His mates let him down big time.
Having said that he should not have been put in this situation. Get rid of Dino was correct may be too late. However why didn’t we just bring in Harry he’d have commanded respect and players like bale would have played for him and Harry would t have taken any nonsense. He would certainly have them motivated.
I don’t get levy decision making on this one.
They performances have been no better / no worse under mason than jose except may be there is less toxicity. But you’d think that would have lifted the players , unfortunately not.
Look at what Tuchel has done at Chelsea amazing work since he joined. Whilst we just plod through the season with a 29 yr old with no experience what so ever. Not dissing mason not his fault but levy’s for his lack of for thought!
Good post......I would bring in Eddie Howe and Harry Rednapp as his advisor.....Harry was brill for us and great mates with Eddie.... a winning team me thinks....

I am the opposite.
I am as sick as a seaside about the kosher HK goal disallowed that fecked the game and probs our season.

Back
Top Bottom