Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo
Japh / Dier / Rodon / Reg
NDom / PEH / Dele
Lucas / Kane / Gil​

Today's caveats:

- As minimal disruption to the back 4 as poss (ditto the system in general).
- Japh to do a number of Zaha.
- Give Emerson his debut in Europe on Thursday. If he shines then consider who plays the Chav game in due course.
- If Stevie B has a niggle from last night; let him recover properly and play on Thursday rather than risk aggravating anything at longer term expense.
- Ditto Skippy..... Gonna be a long season.
- Roll the dice on Gil..... Could be the making of him.
agree on all counts except one. Ndombele will not start even if I want him to. So it will be Winks

The trouble with little twinges/knocks is that they can become a more serious injury.
I hate international breaks, we very rarely perform well after one.

No Lo Celso, Romero or Sanchez (all quarantining in Croatia)) and possibly no Son, Sessegnon or Skipp and Bergwijn having an ice pack on his leg after coming off (so maybe six if not seven out). Looks like we will need to have several youngsters on the bench, perhaps 4 youngsters.

Lloris
Tanganga, - Rodon, - Dier, - Reguilon
Hojberg Winks , Dele
Moura, Kane, Gil​

Subs : Gollini, Doherty, Royal, Davies, Ndombele (5) plus probably 4 youngsters from Omole (CB,), Paskotsi, (CB) White (CM), John, (CM)) Clarke (AM) , Scarlett (Striker)

Maybe clues as to who might be on the subs bench :

Fair play on the Saturday.

A mistake. No issue for me. We all make them..Some of us are happy to admit it.

As for us losing, what does history tell you.

Not that a loss is a forgone conclusion.... Not by any means, Mr Doom-Yoda.

agree on all counts except one. Ndombele will not start even if I want him to. So it will be Winks

What I want; not a prediction.

For me picking TN would be using the Skipp injury to our convenience.....

In bestest Nuno voice: "Events have conspired to give you a chance that you haven't earned.... Go and prove me wrong."

Maybe clues as to who might be on the subs bench :

Team and subs v Watford

LLORIS
TANGANGA
SANCHEZ
DIER
REGUILON
HOJBJERG
SKIPP
ALLI
BERGWIJN
SON
KANE
Substitutes
DOHERTY
ROMERO
WINKS
GIL
LO CELSO
SESSEGNON
GOLLINI
LUCAS
DAVIES

Romero, GLC, Sanchez unavailable.
Knocks for Bergwijn, Skipp and Son
Possible loan for Sessegnon to Turkey?
Gil played Monday. Doc, Skipp played Tuesday.
Spain, Wales and England play tonight. Reggie, Rodon, Davies and H probs involved.
Italy play today. Gollini probs on bench.
Hojbjerg played 83 mins last night for Denmark.

Back
Top Bottom