Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tough one at the moment who our starting 11 should be. I think Ndombele and Dele need to be playing together if we have any hope of creating from midfield. I also think Hjolberg and Skipp together create a good block for Dier and Sanchez.

Maybe a 4-2-2-2 type formation could work for us. The wing backs attack and defend and you will find one of the attacking 4 will slip into the channels aswell.

Son and Kane upfront together, Dele and Ndombele, Hjolberg and Skipp, Dier and Sanchez

I don't see much weakness individually, Ndombele plays more advanced and his lack of defence is made up by the other 3.

You also have Skipp and Hjolberg able to help the full backs.

Without the risk of sounding too like fifa tactics I do think that could work. It's more direct, it keeps out best players on the pitch and it probably suits Lo Celso quite well to mix between Dele and Ndombele. If Kane drops off, Son is on point.

It all makes so much sense in my head poke some holes

Gil is not ready royal is useless skipp is useless …. So everybody in the squad is useless except Kane and son AND PEH the squad can play better I’m telling you they lack a clear identity of play you can see it each time we have played the opposition these players are not being used to their full abilities except winks and Doherty those are just hopeless
Sorry, I think you'll find that's "Fatberg" now. He's shit too apparently.

Do try to keep up

He played the worlds blandest most uncreative midfield trio of skipp, peh and winks and thought it was so good he didnt make a sub at half time. Then said in post match that we were in control. I like nuno, but that was a terrible performance.

It was crap.

However, not sure how that relates to the fact that the only game he's had all his best players available was at home to Paco (where they weren't needed)... The fact is it might be another week or two yet as well.

Worrying.

I’m trying not to be negative but it does feel like a complete mess. I am not sure it actually matters who the manager is. It’s going to be a few seasons until we get a good team together and levy lucks upon a good managerial appointment. The one good thing we have going for us is the stadium should produce enough money to fund the purchases we need. Trouble is, it will take time. Again.

Rennes away might well be our toughest game in the group - so a point away is a decent result

Especially with 6 first team players (25% of our 25 man squad) missing due to quarantine or injury, most of them might have been chosen to start.

Some positives :

- Ndombele looked committed
- Tanganga and Rodon (on his european debut) looked ok as our CB pairing. Goood experience for each of them
- Hojbjerg helped pull us through

Worrying news was Bergwijn and Moura coming off.

I’m trying not to be negative but it does feel like a complete mess. I am not sure it actually matters who the manager is. It’s going to be a few seasons until we get a good team together and levy lucks upon a good managerial appointment. The one good thing we have going for us is the stadium should produce enough money to fund the purchases we need. Trouble is, it will take time. Again.y
With our scouting department it might take a while until "we get a good team together".

Our recruitment the last 5 years just makes me want to cry

Back
Top Bottom