Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we got a draw but what a dire performance. Doherty vying with ref for the most useless man on the pitch.

Doherty should be nowhere near this squad, his ineptness seems to have no limit, one of our worst ever signings.

Gollini is another worry, from what I have seen there is no way he is able to succeed llrois.

Fair play to hjobierg, actually out there, breaking a sweat and putting a shift in, take note Harry kane, another game of him just jogging about and dropping back far too deeply.
Credit to Tanguy too as he made an effort and some passes were excellent

Massive upgrade on Winks and I’d start him on Sunday

Last edited:
They were a good side but they were aggressive cunts and complete fucking hatchet men.

Take the draw. Hope Lucas and Berg are alright
They were only as aggressive as that wanker of a Turkish ref let them be and he let them away with murder yet the first yellow was Gil!

I like all 3 of those guys so far but Royal (despite the shit show v CP) is the guy I have the highest hopes for.
I have to say I was not impressed by Romero's recent behaviour but if he can show the same commitment to THFC as he does to the Argentine side that would be good.
Hes argentinian. Hes commited to his country. Cant see the problem in that. Dont think its a stick to beat anyone with. Fingers crossed hes quality for us. Being commited to his country wont be the reason he fails here

Hes argentinian. Hes commited to his country. Cant see the problem in that. Dont think its a stick to beat anyone with. Fingers crossed hes quality for us. Being commited to his country wont be the reason he fails here

- These are not normal times (covid).
- His new employer asked for a bit of good-will having just put a shit-load of faith in him with a 6 year deal.
- Should he not have commitment to his day-job too?

Didn't see the game but ffs we can't even beat Rennes. From a Champions League final to this.
They were better than I thought they would be. Defensively a bit chaotic but sat deep for the most part and attacked directly with pace. Gave Spurs a good run for their money. They were also allowed to kick us at home. Standard euro nincompoop refereeing. Deserved 3-4 more yellows than they got.

Nope don't think that at all.

Weird that you have to make up nonsense to try and make your point.
You seem to often make statements and when challenged, you rather rubbish the person who challenged you, instead of backing up you statement.

Rather say nothing at all. It would avoid time wasteing.

How long before a painful rebuild just becomes the norm? Poch first mentioned it at the end of the 17/18 season and we still need to sell 6 or 7 and bring 5 or so top players in. In fact its been going on so long some players purchased as part of the rebuild need to be moved on themselves.

We didn't start painfully rebuilding until 2 years ago and even then we fucked up the recruitment.

I’m trying not to be negative but it does feel like a complete mess. I am not sure it actually matters who the manager is. It’s going to be a few seasons until we get a good team together and levy lucks upon a good managerial appointment. The one good thing we have going for us is the stadium should produce enough money to fund the purchases we need. Trouble is, it will take time. Again.
Another Spursitional© season with our purchases for the future . Jam tomorrow

I didn't see the match but.. how about ndombelè? is he back on the pitch?
Had periods of involvement throughout but was definitely trying to make things happen. Obviously 1st game since April wouldn’t expect him to come in firing on all cylinders.
Based on that performance I certainly wouldn’t start him against the racists but wouldn’t be a liability coming off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom