Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a truly shameful period in our club history

Rock bottom
The fact he has zero interest in football doesn’t bother me. Liverpool’s owners surely had no interest in football or the club either before buying it, however they don’t treat it as a cash cow investment - they see the bigger picture and understand achievement also increases the value of the investment, so they try and win things other than the balance sheet trophy

Fucking leaches

If the Champions League (via finishing in the top 4) was a thing in the 80's, we'd have qualified for it 5 times; 81/82 (4th), 82/83 (4th), 84/85 (3rd), 86/87 (3rd), 89/90 (3rd).

We also won the FA Cup twice (when it was actually a highly prized trophy) in 1981 and 1982. And the UEFA cup in 1984. So nowadays, the 1984 UEFA cup win would also have qualified us for Champions League a 6th time for the decade.

Basically, in the 1980s, Spurs were mostly a Champions League level club that won a few trophies to boot.
EnicCunts "But if you notice in the last 20 years with Enic we won a league cup. Thats obviously better than all these european trophies and fa cups you are talking about. "

Seriously some of these EnicCunts are complete fucking goonertrolls. They try to belittle everythign the club was before enic took over.

The fact he has zero interest in football doesn’t bother me. Liverpool’s owners surely had no interest in football or the club either before buying it, however they don’t treat it as a cash cow investment - they see the bigger picture and understand achievement also increases the value of the investment, so they try and win things other than the balance sheet trophy

Fucking leaches
Preach it!

EnicCunts "But if you notice in the last 20 years with Enic we won a league cup. Thats obviously better than all these european trophies and fa cups you are talking about. "

Seriously some of these EnicCunts are complete fucking goonertrolls. They try to belittle everythign the club was before enic took over.
What are you? 12?

Early 80’s was a purple patch in Spurs history as was the early 60’s. I think I referenced the early 80’s in one of my early posts.

here is league position for 10 years prior to ENIC acquisition
2000.01 - 12th
1999.00 - 10th
1998/99 - 11th
1997/98 - 14th
1996/97 - 10th
1995/96 - 8th
1994/95 - 7th
1993/94 - 15th
1992/93 - 8th
1991/92 - 15th
1990/91 - 10th

We would Have got nil ECL matches in that period, forget Champions League!

We won a league cup and an FA Cup in that period. You guys would be baying for Nuno’s blood if he won a domestic cup this year but finished in league somewhere between 7th and 15th.

By the way, do you want me to tell you where Woolwich finished in those years (The Sugar years)??? I bet you don’t.

Accept it. ENIC improved us. We have a world class stadium. We have world class training facilities. These aren’t a 5 year asset, they are a 60 year asset.

I’m not saying ENIC haven’t made mistakes. Levy should have appointed a DOF years ago and got out of the way. But the reason we are top 6 team now and that is the expectation of every fan is at least in part due to the work Of ENIC. It is also the work, of the players, staff and fans of THFC.

THFC is a collective effort and a few malcontents on online websites doesn’t detract from that.

COYS

You don’t win a trophy for finishing 4th .

During our most profitable period they didn’t invest. We are basically afloat with no rudder to direct us. . Baffles me how some people see this as success.

What are you? 12?

Early 80’s was a purple patch in Spurs history as was the early 60’s. I think I referenced the early 80’s in one of my early posts.

2000.01 - 12th
1999.00 - 10th
1998/99 - 11th
1997/98 - 14th
1996/97 - 10th
1995/96 - 8th
1994/95 - 7th
1993/94 - 15th
1992/93 - 8th
1991/92 - 15th
1990/91 - 10th

We won a league cup and an FA Cup in that period. You guys would be baying for Nuno’s blood if he won a domestic cup this year but finished in league somewhere between 7th and 15th.

By the way, do you want me to tell you where Woolwich finished in those years (The Sugar years)??? I bet you don’t.

Accept it. ENIC improved us. We have a world class stadium. We have world class training facilities. These aren’t a 5 year asset, they are a 60 year asset.

I’m not saying ENIC haven’t made mistakes. Levy should have appointed a DOF years ago and got out of the way. But the reason we are top 6 team now and that is the expectation of every fan is at least in part due to the work Of ENIC. It is also the work, of the players, staff and fans of THFC.

THFC is a collective effort and a few malcontents on online websites doesn’t detract from that.

COYS
tldr , stopped after the bolded bit. You are an idiot.

I'm on the ENIC OUT side of the fence... just about (they'd have to do a complete U-turn in strategy to get me back on side)

But at least they're not the Saudis.

The introduction of yet another billionaire-backed mega club to the top 5 of the league makes ENIC'S lack of backing during the Poch era more unforgivable.

There was a window of opportunity to make history and even change the direction of the club in terms on on-pitch success before the league became even more cluttered with ambitious owners, regardless of their background.

Perhaps when newcastle have won more trophies than spurs over the next 20 years (its not hard), itll be time for the ENIC fans and agnostics to consider that maybe, just maybe, we should have kicked up more of a fuss to the ownership instead of being taken for fools.

I'm on the ENIC OUT side of the fence... just about (they'd have to do a complete U-turn in strategy to get me back on side)

But at least they're not the Saudis.
I’m actually on the ENIC meh side of the fence. If they sell and we get a new owner I’m “cool!” If they don’t sell and we keep ENIC I’m “whatever”. It annoys me these rabid dogs who can’t find balance.

It’s generally the same people who are always posting negative stuff about my club. They hate the team. They hate the management. They hate the owners. Go and support Millwall if you have no positive viewpoints and can’t balance your position.

I’m actually on the ENIC meh side of the fence. If they sell and we get a new owner I’m “cool!” If they don’t sell and we keep ENIC I’m “whatever”. It annoys me these rabid dogs who can’t find balance.

It’s generally the same people who are always posting negative stuff about my club. They hate the team. They hate the management. They hate the owners. Go and support Millwall if you have no positive viewpoints and can’t balance your position.

Thanks for the advice, i'd rather support City though?

There isnt alot to moan about there

The real dislike has gradually built over many many years, not exactly reactionary . I loathe ENIC and want them out , a handful on here put it much more aggressively. However I think the vast majority are massively disaffected and not rabid at all.
Unless you consider my previously posted desire for Lewis to try and jump the Grand Canyon on a motorbike with Levy in the side car rabid

Incidentally you don’t seem to have the hang of this I’m leaving bye thing.

I’m actually on the ENIC meh side of the fence.

bull-shit.gif

You don’t win a trophy for finishing 4th .

During our most profitable period they didn’t invest. We are basically afloat with no rudder to direct us. . Baffles me how some people see this as success.
I don’t demand trophies, that’s unrealistic. I just want the club to show ambition to challenge, top 4 puts you in the mix generally…. That’s my aspiration, aspire to challenge

What are you? 12?

2000.01 - 12th
1999.00 - 10th
1998/99 - 11th
1997/98 - 14th
1996/97 - 10th
1995/96 - 8th
1994/95 - 7th
1993/94 - 15th
1992/93 - 8th
1991/92 - 15th
1990/91 - 10th

COYS
fuck sake - why are you only talking about the 90's!!

Why not talk about a Spurs team winning at least one trophy in every non war decade, every one of them, until ENIC rocked up.
Why not talk about being the first non league club to win an FA Cup
Why not talk about winning league titles in the 50's and a double - the first, in the 60's
Why not talk about being the first team from the whole of Britain to win any trophy in Europe?
Why not talk about not so long ago having won more FA Cups than any other team in the land.
Why not talk about the fact when ENIC took over, THFC were the 4th most decorated club in England.

Is it because like Sky Sports, you don't acknowledge football existed before the premier league?

FYI

1900-1910 FA Cup
War
1920-1930 0 FA Cup Charity Shield
War (30's into mid 40s)
1950-1960 - League title. Charity Shield
1961-1970 - League title. 3 x FA Cup 3 Charity Shield. Cup Winners Cup
1971-1980 - 2 League Cups Uefa Cup
1981-1990 - 2 FA Cups 1 Charity Shield 1 Uefa Cup
1991-2000 1 FA Cup 1 league cup -------Enter ENIC
2001-2010 1 league cup
2011-2020 nothing
2021- TBD

fuck sake - why are you only talking about the 90's!!

Why not talk about a Spurs team winning at least one trophy in every non war decade, every one of them, until ENIC rocked up.
Why not talk about being the first non league club to win an FA Cup
Why not talk about winning league titles in the 50's and a double - the first, in the 60's
Why not talk about being the first team from the whole of Britain to win any trophy in Europe?
Why not talk about not so long ago having won more FA Cups than any other team in the land.
Why not talk about the fact when ENIC took over, THFC were the 4th most decorated club in England.

Is it because like Sky Sports, you don't acknowledge football existed before the premier league?

FYI

1900-1910 FA Cup
War
1920-1930 0 FA Cup Charity Shield
War (30's into mid 40s)
1950-1960 - League title. Charity Shield
1961-1970 - League title. 3 x FA Cup 3 Charity Shield. Cup Winners Cup
1971-1980 - 2 League Cups Uefa Cup
1981-1990 - 2 FA Cups 1 Charity Shield 1 Uefa Cup
1991-2000 1 FA Cup 1 league cup -------Enter ENIC
2001-2010 1 league cup
2011-2020 nothing
2021- TBD
Errrr…because the 90’s are the period that immediately preceded ENIC? The periods you mention, no disrespect, have no relevance to the current discussion.

It's not negative against the club its against the owners that's the important distinction. Enic have failed, the footballing side of the club should be the priority and nothing else they have done has any bearing on how the majority of Tottenham fans feel.

Enic have done some good even if the ground cost a lot but have failed big time on the footballing side .When we were going for top four at the start we heard all about being able to attract a better class of player but that never really happened. I know the fees went mad but we always seem to end up with cheaper versions of linked proven players .We failed to go that extra step a couple of years ago when we were close to really making the big time but we stuck with poor recruitment and now are a long way off the top tier again .

Back
Top Bottom