Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got half the posters on here on ignore but from the replies I gather they're all insisting that no matter how bad things are we should pledge our undying allegiance.

You know who else did that.
Nazi war criminals. The good people of Germany got out while they could.

not-sure-hmm.gif

To me this is the solution to the ENIC problem. Flatline the club until the virus dies. Go down. Lose a fucking shit ton of money. Force them to consider whether keeping the club long term is worth it. Then get them to sell to someone who has more ambition than to make a sustainable profit for decades.

And before some bellend ENIC fanboi says "like who" I don't fucking know. I'm not fucking google. I don't know every successful individual and/or company on the planet that wants to buy and operate a title wining football club. So shut it.
This has been such a hot debate on forums like this for so long, I think it’s easy to miss the massive next step in this campaign which will quite radically change the situation: anti-Levy sentiment becoming widespread and front-of-mind among the rank and file offline fanbase.

Two years ago Levy was held in very high esteem by most of our supporters, and it was only a handful of ultra-engaged online weirdos who hated him. The tide is rapidly turning in that regard.

A couple years of finishing 9th and losing Kane will do more than John Thomas’ entire oeuvre.

If we are not good enough to challenge then we should charge reasonable mid table prices and start making it a nice experience for fans.
Agreed, but the stadium still has to be paid for just because the team is playing shit.

Levy has fucked up, as someone said he thought the ground would solve everything.

But when you break it down, our fan base has demanded this rush to be big, and we’re there again.

Last edited:
If we are not good enough to challenge then we should charge reasonable mid table prices and start making it a nice experience for fans.
Exactly, just be clear with the anchor tenants clients and re-price by benchmarking ticket pricing at Southampton, Palace and Watford and adjusting according to the aforementioned peers

Exactly, just be clear with the anchor tenants clients and re-price by benchmarking ticket pricing at Southampton, Palace and Watford and adjusting according to the aforementioned peers

Twenty quid is plenty, you win some, you lose some, odd win over the scum once in a while. Let son go because he deserves a trophy somewhere free up 5000 seats.

At least we know where we are then, those "90s" that everyone is so afraid of....that I quite enjoyed

Twenty quid is plenty, you win some, you lose some, odd win over the scum once in a while. Let son go because he deserves a trophy somewhere free up 5000 seats.

At least we know where we are then, those "90s" that everyone is so afraid of....that I quite enjoyed
Yep, £30 for a lounge and £50 for an exec box

Oh boy, that must mean he's good then!

He definitely didn't leave Juventus in an utter state after saddling them with a whole bunch of mediocre players on huge wages (Aaron Ramsey!) whilst seeing them knocked off their perch in Serie A and barely scraping top 4 by the time he left.

Go visit some Juventus forums, see what most of them think of Paratici. There's so many shite players in their squad brought in under his tenure its hilarious. If you think that he's still a great DoF that's your right, but to say 'from Juventus' as if being at a big club previously means anything, is just laughable.

I guess we should sign Ole when he gets sacked, right? Then we'll have hired a manager from Manchester United!
I don't need to visit a Juventus forum to know that they likely have just as many knuckle-draggers as ours.

There's a narrative (that may have some validity) that Paratici has been riding Marotta's coat-tails.

But he was Marotta's right-hand man at Sampdoria (in charge of player profiling/scouting), Marotta then brought Paratici with to Juventus while fighting off Torino and Sampdoria trying to pry Paratici away (to be their Sporting Director General).

He's had his share of high wage, but free-transfer type signings (Ramsey, Buffon, Rabiot -- TBF, Rabiot walks into our center midfield), but what interests me (and, likely, Levy) more are his other type of player profiling/signings: Romero, Weston McKennie (my fav current Yank international), Kulusevski, Locatelli...) young, top-level talent, signed under complex loan-to-buy agreements that rollover into multiple seasons across multiple balance sheets.

This (combined with a strong, clearly defined data science team) is the only way to compete against the endless pockets of the sheikhs and kleptocrats.

Back
Top Bottom