Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the frustration that kills you, isn't it?

I was just watching the highlights of our League Cup win at Wolves, he scores a great goal, almost gets a fine second.

Then tries a ridiculous back-heel clearance from a shoulder-high cross from a corner in a crowded penalty box and gets beaten for strength in a powder puff challenge with the defence wide-open. Two-nil up to 2-2.

Let’s see if he plays tonight.

Football Insider is a garbage source, but he’s obviously under the spotlight. And this applies just as much (if not more) to Lo Celso.

***Football Insider***

:contethumb:

The source can be questionable. But it seems possible - we heard Conte's comments about Tanguy during last week from credible sources. Well, from him actually telling them. In video.
And he was not picked to start and did not even come on from the bench. So this is hard evidence of his dissatisfaction.

So, we cannot be sure it is truth but we can be sure he is not happy with the lad.

IF it is happy, then I am 100% on his side with it. Whole of this window is weighing us down as the club 136 mEUR flushed down the toilet with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clark. Add 60 m EUR of wages on top of that, so 200 million euros for what we have got essentially nothing.

We can drag it on, but I hope we don't. I would say that from that list Sessegnon is only one who has potential to fullfill excpectations and transfer fee. Other 3, I'd be happy if we moved on. Regarding Ndombele, I hope we can find some kind of swap / Ndombele+cash kind of deal. Otherwise he will go for 30 mil tops. And for that we ain't gonna get a good player most likely.

Thank fuck we’ll sell Ndombele before Winks. At last, we’ll start building around players with great attitude and commitment :bentley:

Perhaps if we paid proper attention to these things when recruiting - rather than poncing about looking at the players legs in their sleep - then we might night be in this shitty mess to begin with.

Thank fuck we’ll sell Ndombele before Winks. At last, we’ll start building around players with great attitude and commitment :bentley:
Thing is he does want to get sold as well. Hes not happy here especially as his two best buddies are gone too. Winks on the other hand ...cant believe he is still here . Its shocking from the owners and the management really.

The problem with selling him is it's unlikely a big team will want him and it's unlikely he'll want a small team.

May have to loan him somewhere so he can have a little motivation to pay well and earn a transfer.
I can see him being here until his contract runs out.
Then I can see Levy renewing it so he doesn't lose his record transfer on a free. And then the cycle continues.

Thing is he does want to get sold as well. Hes not happy here especially as his two best buddies are gone too. Winks on the other hand ...cant believe he is still here . Its shocking from the owners and the management really.

Same with Doherty

2nd division clogger with a bad attitude

The problem with selling him is it's unlikely a big team will want him and it's unlikely he'll want a small team.

May have to loan him somewhere so he can have a little motivation to pay well and earn a transfer.
I can see him being here until his contract runs out.
Then I can see Levy renewing it so he doesn't lose his record transfer on a free. And then the cycle continues.

As I said earlier - maybe some kind of player+cash deal would be best. Otherwise we'd get pennies. But some biggish clubs can have some players that don't quite fit into coach plans and would be up to make an opportunistic swap.

Solution of "loan him somewhere so he can have a little motivation" - well, where would this motivation suddenly appear? Remember, he does not have to run a single step and still pocket 200k per week! Football does not seem to motivate him, so I find such loan option to be quite unlikely.

It’s going to be really hard to get rid of him, none of the top clubs will be interested in him because of his attitude and the type of lesser club that would put up with his shit won’t be able to pay his salary. Maybe we can do a swap with someone like we did with Lamela.

We need to be much more diligent when we spend big money on players in the future, especially when it’s young talents from abroad. We can’t afford to be spending £50m on someone who doesn’t want to work.

The transition from Dembele to Ndombele has fucked us completely. We now have a £60m midfielder who can’t get a single minute of action in a home match against Leeds when he was supposed to be the crown jewel in our rebooted team. Probably the worst signing in our history relative to expectations.

Last edited:
I don't give a fuck if he's lazy in training, 80% the matches he played for us he was probably the best on the pitch, saving our asses so many times, it's undeniable that he's our most talented player. Wheter he's lazy in traning or not, we don't know, but it seems so and it seems the reason he's not trusted by manager. But despite that, at least for me, is clear he has a spot in our best eleven given how shite we are creativity wise. No one in this team is able to create anything for shit, if we keep on relying in turds like Moura, Winks and Hojbjerg it may work against Leeds, but we will be hammered by any top 4 team.
We must not watch the same matches because every single time I’ve seen him play his lazy ass does a couple ballerina spins then 95% of the other time just stood watching the ball waiting for the whistle to blow so he can go have a nap. He’s lazy as hell and probably has the worst attitude on the team.

If anyone can get the best out of him it's probably Conte. Let's give them some time to try to work things out. Ndobby at 100% would be an incredible asset to any team.
Will he though? People bang on about his “ability” for like 4 years now. He’s been given chances and he has utterly failed. This is his 100%, dude is just an avg footballer who would probably be better in street ball leagues than a professional football pitch.

The amount of copium huffed on this forum about this guy just because he was our record signing and people don’t want it to seem like a waste of money.

Its garbage but the substantive point is correct. For all those fond of easy answers its not about fitness at all. Tanguy is currently among the club's fittest players. Its about Conte teams, in which players have tasks and repeated patterns to stick to...that's not really made for the worlds number one freestyler. If he cannot change the way he plays he gets sold.

Nothing better exemplifies our incompetence than this (record)signing and this Manager. No cohesive medium to long term plan. Paratici cannot allow this to happen again.

Terrible recruitment, waster of a player, some of us called him out from the start and got all sorts of abuse. No idea how we get rid of him, at least it seems Conte has sussed him out early

Back
Top Bottom