CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wo

Wouldnt mind us trying to play a little football like they do though? Some proper passing movements. I often wonder what we work on in training. Is it to work out how many bloody defenders we can put out?
They can play all the pretty football they like, they are 6 points behind us and we have two games and hand, and that's with Nuno as our manager for half the season.

I don't get all this wanking over Brighton

Shit game. Not entirely unexpected result. Move on, get 4th, get some new recruits and do them next season.
We're going to have to get the new recruits BEFORE we can think about top 4
Can't see it happening this season tbhor we would have had a couple in the bag by now. Usual Levy brinksmanship and unwillingness to spend. Can't see it being much different in the summer either.

I thought Doherty was very good. Once again getting into great attacking positions.

Had our goal been given, I think we would be looking at a very different result.

4 matches against Chelsea this season
0 wins, 4 losses
0 goals for, 8 goals against

Man, that is just so poor :contefacepalm2:

We might still get them in the FA Cup, will it be 5th time lucky :mourloopy:

I thought Doherty was very good. Once again getting into great attacking positions.

Had our goal been given, I think we would be looking at a very different result.

I think he gets into those positions but does nothing once there. He struggles to control the ball and gives it away way too easily.

Getting into position he was good, after that terrible, passing terrible, defending he did nothing. Overall pretty poor.

Again we are sceaming wingers, we succeeded getting down the flank only once, that's through kane.

It doesn't help that the 2 CDM sits in front of the CB and made our pressing so ineffective.

Kane and bergwijn being forced to press with little effect. You got players like Sessegnon that can't hold on to the ball.

Chelsea were more positive with their attack pressing with 4 players in the final third leaving Thiago alone against kane.

Clearly something wrong w our system or player suitable for this conteball.

Hopefully we see a day where Bielsa comes

Agree.... Even when they were shit (pre-Abracadabramovitch) they regularly beat us....
I vaguely remember them winning 6-1 at the Lane in the early-mid '90s and Tor Andre Flo got about 9 of them!

...and since the money came in, they've been untouchable... Even when they've struggled, they've ALWAYS turned it on against us... And the worst thing is, we seem to have NOTHING to stop it happening....
again....
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...
and again...

....and you get the jist!
It’s bizarre. We don’t seem to have the same hang up with Man City, for example. But for some reason (apart from the match where Dele got a couple and properly mugged their fans off) we just seem to go to pieces against them

We have several clubs who raise their game when they play us, we ar the biggest game to quite a few clubs..
We haven’t got the squad mentality to raise our game and go that bit extra.
Instead of upping our game we freeze and allow other clubs to walk all over us.
The day we have that squad will be the day we start competing.

We were 8 games unbeaten with Davies in the team, Davies is the least of our problems. Let’s fix the gaping lack of quality in midfield and depth in attack before we start stressing about a player who has been solid for Conte.
If you really believe having Davies is the least of our problems, We have huge problems. We should stop isolating and trying to patch up a torn quilt. The whole team should be looked at.

Defense - Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, and Dier just aren't good enough to be first team regulars. Our Wingbacks all aren't Good Enough.

Midfield - Only PEH, Winks (He has really upped his game) can possibly be selected for First team. Even then not more than one or two of them at a time.

Strikers - Only Kane, Son as regular starters. Lucas and Bergwjin maybe but not on the pitch at the same time. (Please don't say Gil. He has lots of potential but needs to be loaned out to gain experience).

You see the problem. 70 percent + is the problem. Who's fault is that?

We set out to defend, defend, defend after three games where they've bossed the midfield right up to our 18 yard line, the plan for this match was keep them a decent distance from goal and score on the break ....

and how close were we?

Well a Kane goal once again disallowed and an absolute worldly from 30 yards killed the plan ..... but you could see what we were trying to do against a side with better players.

Pisses me off that Chelsea keep getting the breaks, and that they have 500m more in players, but Conte had a plan which with a different ref and no worldly .... then who knows.

Back
Top Bottom