Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I decided to buy a ticket in the South last night instead of my usual spot in the east Upper.
Kind of fancied a few beers and a something to eat.

May as well not bothered. Arrived 40 minutes before kick off and had to queue for about 15 minutes while people constantly get to the scanner with NFI what to do and have to be assisted every single time.
I'm then confronted with the "longest bar in europe" and the food market. Which as far as I can tel has 80% of the stadium in it already with zero chance of getting food.
So I go up a level to find they only have tap inns there. So sausage roll it is then. By the time I'd queued up for that, ate/drank it I had to get to my seat.
I'm sat on the end of an Isle, by an exit. 30 seconds before HT whistle, I'm out. Only to find approx 38 million people in the queues for drinks. And the toilets. I went down to the market, which was oddly empty. To the longest bar in Europe and stood there for a fucking eternity while the staff bumbled around. People cut in. I got the hump after the 2nd of 3rd person came from behind and walked up to the bar and tried order ahead of me.
I was then told they don't serve beer at that part of the fucking bar.
I'm actually angry writing this.

We were told that they could do 10,000 pints per minute in this stadium. Except for the fact the staff are useless, the beer pumps never work, people can't queue up properly and areas are over crowded.
After all that I just about had time for a poss before getting back to my seat.

My plan to try and move to the south stand eventually is dead. It's not brilliant in the east upper, but it's vastly better than that fucking shambles
The volume of people in the south stand is too much for the staff to handle.

You are better off going to the west, east or north. You can get food and drink much quicker, there's more space and it's relaxed.

Let’s get this straight. Levy has paid people to be on this site at all time. I think that’s pretty much knows as Bible now. The Levy Bots.

Half time 5 mins is given over to a presentation that they put together. Without fail.

I know a guy who used to do similar for Derby. But he watched the match and was looking at shape of the game. He has since become an assistant manager at a championship side.

Levy has gone next level.

He knows he has to to employ the guys watching the guys watching the match.

Would also explain our recruitment process actually.

I love this conspiracy, the fact that Daniel Levy who is known for being tight actually pays people to spy on forums will never not be funny to me :D

I don't think I've ever seen anyone enjoy a comfortable victory as little as this. Not one positive thing to say. Not one. Just endless complaints.

I swear some people on TFC just don't want to be happy.
If people can’t see the improvement that Conte has given the team in a relatively short space of time then I don’t think they really comprehend football. Patience is a virtue

The volume of people in the south stand is too much for the staff to handle.

You are better off going to the west, east or north. You can get food and drink much quicker, there's more space and it's relaxed.
Problem is the marketplace has all the good stuff. It's much more relaxed in the Paxton but we don't have the same food options. A match like last night with a late kickoff would have been the ideal opportunity for the club to flog me overpriced street food or a wood fired pizza, but those options don't exist unless you want the carnage of the Marketplace.

I decided to buy a ticket in the South last night instead of my usual spot in the east Upper.

May as well not bothered. Arrived 40 minutes before kick off and had to queue for about 15 minutes while people constantly get to the scanner with NFI what to do and have to be assisted every single time.
I'm then confronted with the "longest bar in europe" and the food market. Which as far as I can tel has 80% of the stadium in it already with zero chance of getting food.
So I go up a level to find they only have tap inns there. So sausage roll it is then. By the time I'd queued up for that, ate/drank it I had to get to my seat.
I'm sat on the end of an Isle, by an exit. 30 seconds before HT whistle, I'm out. Only to find approx 38 million people in the queues for drinks. And the toilets. I went down to the market, which was oddly empty. To the longest bar in Europe and stood there for a fucking eternity while the staff bumbled around. People cut in. I got the hump after the 2nd of 3rd person came from behind and walked up to the bar and tried order ahead of me.

We were told that they could do 10,000 pints per minute in this stadium. Except for the fact the staff are useless, the beer pumps never work, people can't queue up properly and areas are over crowded.

My plan to try and move to the south stand eventually is dead. It's not brilliant in the east upper, but it's vastly better than that fucking shambles
Staff are an issue. I know it takes time to get to speed but there seems a lack of competency. I have always found spots in the stadium which are quieter - same with toilets. Always found the south stand bar quick though.
Still, remember how shit it was at the old whl?

You have to get in like 2 hours before kick off to get food and not be stood in a ridiculously long queue.

Love that the FA Cup brings out the OooooooooooOohhhhhhhhhHHH… you’re shit AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh! Chant as the keeper takes a goal kick. Proper old school non league vibes.

I wonder if the fans behind the goal constantly call them fat cunts and useless bastards throughout the game too.

Tip: eat and drink in the area before you enter the stadium, it’s better to support the locals anyway.
The long bar is a nice place to stay after the game while most people are fixating on leaving the stadium.
Half time queues with 60.000 people is unavoidable. I guess you were just unlucky to not manage a beer.

Shelf side please, we need the numbers - sometimes I feel I'm singing on my own:(
Gene Kelly Singing GIF

Staff are an issue. I know it takes time to get to speed but there seems a lack of competency. I have always found spots in the stadium which are quieter - same with toilets. Always found the south stand bar quick though.
Still, remember how shit it was at the old whl?

I never bothered in the old ground. Strait in and out. So much so I don't really recall what was even on offer.

You have to get in like 2 hours before kick off to get food and not be stood in a ridiculously long queue.

I find it's completely random and nothing do with attendance. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's appalling. My normal ticket entrance is by the brewery so there have been times when I do go in the market place and get food. Then in other games it's mental.
I do think 8pm on a Saturday caused problems. I noticed a lot more drunks yesterday, before and after the game.

There was some muppet getting rowdy too, getting right in some guys face calling him all sorts. The other guy did well to completely ignore him tbh.

Tip: eat and drink in the area before you enter the stadium, it’s better to support the locals anyway.
The long bar is a nice place to stay after the game while most people are fixating on leaving the stadium.
Half time queues with 60.000 people is unavoidable. I guess you were just unlucky to not manage a beer.
Agree if you mooch around you can normally find a quiet bar on one floor but it’s a fair observation and we could do with some
Investment to improve the catering time somehow

Nah, they've been over charging for rank food for as long as I can remember.
Levy is a greedy ***t, but at least the food in the stadium is edible and not mentally expensive.

Love that the FA Cup brings out the OooooooooooOohhhhhhhhhHHH… you’re shit AHHHHHHHhhhhhhh! Chant as the keeper takes a goal kick. Proper old school non league vibes.

I wonder if the fans behind the goal constantly call them fat cunts and useless bastards throughout the game too.
The keepers that play against Wealdstone get some really terrible abuse, the clever ones just laugh. The stupid ones engage and get torn to shreds.

The keepers that play against Wealdstone get some really terrible abuse, the clever ones just laugh. The stupid ones engage and get torn to shreds.
Yeah, you just have to accept you’re going to get it and make it part of the game. If you let it get under your skin then you’re in for a torrid afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom