Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To cap a shit night off I've got off the Victoria Line at Highbury and Islington only to discover the Overground is only running as far as New Cross tonight.

Fucking fuckity fuck fuck. Everything is fucked. Fuck Romero, Fuck Southampton, fuck TfL and fuck it.

That's better.
Finally home. You'd think I lived on the South Coast, not Zone 3 South London

Very good away performance from Southampton, deserved the win against a shambolic Spurs side.
Why were we so shambolic is the question? We just set up to play to let them come at us. Sane as first game and we couldn’t handle them then until sending off. Yet played straight in to their hands again with a passive social distanced performance. Even ralf said that at 2-1 with 20 left he knew what our tactics would be. I thought the sane we would sit back and ensure 20 mins of torture. So it came to pass we just left pass the ball around cross balls into our box unattended and a defence if you can call it that was a shambles. We must be the only that sits deep to defend but actually can’t prevent other teams from getting into our box and having chances. Yet we can hardly muster any attacking play in their half and it’s not like they are parking the bus.

Will us Supporters ever learn. I was almost lulled into the earlier posts about an easy win tonight and only losing 3 points in our next 4 or 5 games. While the central core of this team is at is, we are always going to have a weak underbelly..

We should know by now, we just cannot have nice things.
We can, but we must get som ambitious owners in first!

The one good takeaway from this game is that our pathetically glaring weaknesses (Winks, Emerson, and Sanchez) stood out. Winks will not be starting over Bentancur any time soon.
Davies? Why is he always left on and reg makes way. We need pace i the team. One moura comes off we only have son. New guy is too slow.

This is why that transfer window was poor. We still have absolute shite throughout this squad and I've got a feeling we are going to fuck up the top 4 finish yet again. We needed to sign at least a RWB to have a good chance.
Well were were never going to upgrade all the shite in two windows but yeah RWB is a real issue.

Conte has no choice but to change approach now.

If he has decided Doherty is shite, which is probably correct, then he needs to put one of the attackers in there.

Think Lucas would be great there.

Davies, Winks, Royale, Hoj were very poor today. Unlucky not to at least get a point though. Defensive howlers, Emerson defensive game poor, out of position, too sloppy. Davies deary me - we miss Dier that really says something. Bad game management all in all and Southampton were up for it and it paid off. As much as I hate this Husenhutl idiot, intensity and comittment was there from them. Not matched by us only in patches in the second half. Not good enough.

O
Well were were never going to upgrade all the shite in two windows but yeah RWB is a real issue.

Conte has no choice but to change approach now.

If he has decided Doherty is shite, which is probably correct, then he needs to put one of the attackers in there.

Think Lucas would be great there.
Ot just go to back 4? But his to pig headed even though he must know we don’t have hardly and defenders that are good to play WBs or CBs. So he decides to play then all. Simple back 4 3,3 would surely be better?

For one, I’m more than a little tired of seeing our world class forward line and GK dig us out of a hole only to see our back 5/MF put us straight back into it.
In truth how many of our defenders— I use the term loosely — would get into a top four team? None of them would have made our team of Walker/Jan/Toby/ Rose of a few years back.
Would Winks or Hjøjberg get close to a good CL squad?

Kulu was definitely at fault for not picking up his man for the equalizer but the loss wasn’t on him. January is notoriously hard to pick up quality signings and I’m certainly not going to write off a 21 year old based on thirty minute of cameos.

Hopefully, we’ll have the character to bounce back this weekend but this was a huge opportunity missed after Yawnited got held yesterday.

Why didn’t winks come off instead ?
Agree.
Hog was playing all night like he knew that Conte didn't fancy him.
Worst game I have seen Hog play but I still would have kept him instead of little H.
I am still a bit confused about the the game and subs and am a little inebriated TBH but we were doing OK when he subbed off Hog but after we went in front Benta was on the missing list and the whole team was awful.

I think most of us were duped into believing we are a top 6 team. It's absolutely a load of Crap.

Kane and Son having been carrying he team for a few years now. Without them we'd probably be closer to the relegation battle than top 4.

Villa has shown us what a good transfer market is. Spurs is fast becoming nothing but a badge of a chicken on overpriced Football shirt. Much as I Love Spurs, I have to be honest.

I remember being in the lower end of the table before but at least we had a spirit that I find missing today. You get moments of it but nothing like the past. I remember Gary Mabutt battling it out, doing his damnedest to try and stop the likes of Wright because he held the shirt in high esteem. I saw Gazza cry because we got knocked out an FA Cup. It just doesn't seem the same today.

It doesn't start with the manager. I don't think any manager could be as passionate as Conté. The problem starts higher up. Players are just a value. Dembele was let go because he was close to expiry. He should've retired in a white shirt. Eriksen was treated like a greedy money grabbing hog when he asked for a salary that would be on the middle end of most top clubs.

Stadiums out weigh football. Crowd numbers outweigh listening to fans. It's all about the pound. That is what Spurs has become
Fully agree apart the salary for eriksen. He was offered higher wages but he turned them down...

Back
Top Bottom