Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree except on Bentancur. He's way better, and better value than PEH was at 15m + KWP. Hes at least a tireless runner, which is a lot more than we can say about any of our other midfielders bar Skipp.

Anyways, I mostly agree with you. Son could definitely use a benching next game and give a chance to Bergwijn, who is rotting away on the bench again unfortunately.

I don't disagree that he's not an improvement on what we have. I just don't think he offers the creative quality we're desperate for, as he's not that type of player. Kulusevski is but he's not a midfielder. We've been crying out for some creative quality in the middle of the park for such a long time now. If him and Skipp play then it's essential that the third central midfielder is a goal threat and has the ability to create.

I don't disagree that he's not an improvement on what we have. I just don't think he offers the creative quality we're desperate for, as he's not that type of player. Kulusevski is but he's not a midfielder. We've been crying out for some creative quality in the middle of the park for such a long time now. If him and Skipp play then it's essential that the third central midfielder is a goal threat and has the ability to create.
With a back 3 and CM 2, that player is going to have to be Kane every time. Just how the formation works out. I don't think we'll play much 5-3-2 under Conte unless Kane is injured/out.

I honestly don't think we're that far off from being top 4- in my estimation we are 1 top RWB and 1 very solid CM away from being very competitive when fully fit.

As long as Kane doesn't leave in the summer (a very big 'If'), Conte would be a bit foolish to leave in my view. Even still, I think we have enough young talent here and on loan to be an attractive, young squad for another upcoming and positive manager in short order.
Sorry, but that´s a bit naive

Conte on a ridiculous 13m a year and he can’t get anything out of this spurs squad. Smh
No one could get better out of this mob.....Conte is trying to make a silk purse and it can't be done. Unless we see serious investment in the summer, he'll go. Harry will go anyway.
Cue for disagree from Arsefixx.....

But he should be making a bigger overall difference surely?.
Why?

We were laughing at Pep in his first season, and he didn't join midseason either.
We were laughing at Klopp for a while because he kept losing finals and didn't really make much of an impression in his 1st season either.

Yet Conte is supposed to in just a few months?

We all know it's the players, the squad. It's been like this under 4 managers now. It's not just that some of them aren't up to scratch talent wise, they're not up to scratch mentality wise either, and that's a bigger issue.

Every time we change manager, the reset button gets hit for these players. They rally for a bit, then settle back to their level, rinse and repeat.

Give him time, give him the money he needs and let him build the squad he needs with both the talent and mentality required to challenge.

He's not going to get any better from far too many in this squad, which then exposes us badly when the players we are so reliant on get the inevitable drop in form.

This is on the board, this is on Levy to fix.

But this was fundamentally two teams with similar weaknesses (midfield/fb's/defensive structure) and strengths (a fulcrum player). On the day their star player turned up and probably had the best day he's had all season (though I think Lloris was weak on at least two of the goals) and our star player didn't and had a bit of a stinker.

I'd like to see Son dropped next game, the odd moment aside, his performances have been fucking gash all season long. Someone else deserves a shot, and at this point, I really don't think someone like Bergwijn could offer less to the team than Son is.

I cannot believe we've spunked another 20m on the painfully ordinary Bentancur who is basically just a different nationality version of CM's we already have. He is neither defensively outstanding and offensively good. Just fucking meh.

The first goal, Dier just stands and watches instead of closing down. Not sure what Lloris was doing for both the first two goals. The first goes in at head height, the second he just seems to freeze, could have at least charged out.
I think not his best game but bentancur is a definite upgrade on anyone in our team - stood behind the goal for the 1st one and I don’t think anyone was stopping that it was some strike.
Thought we played ok on the whole but from our end of the ground it seemed criminal that no one seemed to be within 5 yards of Ronaldo

Last edited:
I will usually come on this and slag off the board after a defeat. But don’t have many complaints (beyond the fact our squad has been allowed to rot by the board) - we were unlucky. Ronaldo Is the greatest player of all time.

cant wait

half the moaners of levy on here will be kissing his feet again when we get poch in the summer

its why we win fuck all

we just accept crap time and again
Poch ended up really terribly with us. Now he's going to be sacked again. He is NOT a winner. Great trainer for sure but he's never going to be a serial winner. Some people seem to have totally forgotten his last 18 months here. And his inability to choose the right players, is Tanguy. If he came back with Levy still in the drive seat, we would be sabotaging any chance for silverware. You can't go back!!

Back
Top Bottom