Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he arrived out of shape, looked a slug version of his German league self, even in thought (except flashes). Looks to be getting fitter/sharper/less chunky, good for England I guess. He'll go on a level next year when it's not all about Ronaldo, if he's dedicated.

Not sure I like him that much, as for his insane moments of skill, vision, movements, he is yet to consistently pull it together to boss any games.
Why are we talking about Man.U players -let us discuss what is important.

He’s not at that level . His record in Europe is very underwhelming.

Klopp had a an average European record until Dr Tottenham provided relief a few years ago. Pep only won the CL with a superhuman Barca side with Messi in it. Apart from that what has he done with Bayern and City?

Improved under conte no doubt about it but this squad is not suited to wing backs so until we sign some quality wing backs we are fucked because master tactician conte doesn’t seem to have any other options and it is in danger of looking a bit dated

When i saw levy on that amazon doc it was like watching darth vader on the death star. Everyone shit scared of him and having to say yes all the time. Tbh in a way conte is playing his contract well with levy knowing any crap this summer he will walk. Conte said the fans deserve better. Pleased conte is taking levy on tbh.

I agree with you 100% but here's the thing, I don't think Conte will get the time or the signings he requires.

The supporters are already turning on him and clamouring for Poch back, saying Conte is overrated blah blah.

Levy isn't going to give him what he wants, let's face it, unless someone has given him a personality transplant he is likely going to pull the wool over Conte's eyes just like he does everyone else and the supporters.

I want to believe we will back Conte, give him the time and players he requires to change the rancid "DNA" of this football club under this ownership but history tells me that isn't going to happen.

What I believe will happen is, we will get to the summer window, Conte will want specific players, he won't get them and then will likely walk after a handful of games and poor results and then Levy will hire Poch and our supporters will celebrate it.

Sad really.
I will not celebrate Poch coming back. If Conte leaves we need someone new. We never won a trophy with Poch and I have no confidence it would be any better if he came back.

Klopp had a an average European record until Dr Tottenham provided relief a few years ago. Pep only won the CL with a superhuman Barca side with Messi in it. Apart from that what has he done with Bayern and City?
Klopp got to a European Cup final with Borissia Dortmund.

Klopp also got the dregs of a Liverpool squad that he took over mid season in 2015/16 to a UEFA Cup final by the end of the season.

My granddaughter goes to her first game next month - it's my birthday gift to her.

giphy.gif
I'm reporting you to the NSPCC, you cruel heartless bastard

Klopp got to a European Cup final with Borissia Dortmund.

Klopp also got the dregs of a Liverpool squad that he took over mid season in 2015/16 to a UEFA Cup final by the end of the season.
Conte took Inter to the EL final a few years ago. I think all 3 managers have average records in Europe

Conte took Inter to the EL final a few years ago. I think all 3 managers have average records in Europe
A bit of perspective please.

Klopp and Guardiola have both managed sides to win the European Cup. They’ve both managed two different clubs to the final and both have managed sides to 3 different finals.

The furthest Conte has advanced as a manager in the European Cup is one lone Quarter Final appearance.

He needs more time to change the mentality of the squad and club. Something is very rotten at the club.
I keep reading this stuff about the club being rotten etc, but am I the only who sees recent green shoots of hope in that respect from the last couple of years? Out have gone several players who either appear to be trouble-makers, or lazy bastards, or both - N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Aurier, Rose, etc - meanwhile most (not all) of the incoming players look like they at least care and are dedicated to the cause - Bentancur, Kulu, Romero, all already look 'up for it'. (i admit there have been a couple of very poor signings too, but more in terms of quality than attitude).

Don't get me wrong, we're not good enough yet to finish top 4, but whereas a year or two ago that was partly because players didn't care enough, now it seems to be more that we're just not good enough (yet). I'd love to see what we'd have done this season with a quality RWB (or Traore playing there...). I hope to god Conte (and Kane) are still here come August, with pre-season and a few new faces, and see what next season will be like - with the changes I've outlined in the first paragraph, I'd be much more confident going into next season than I've been since the 2018/19 season (which felt promising in August but basically started falling apart in Jan 2019)...

Back
Top Bottom