Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of resident know alls seem to have forgotten they thought Kulu was completely shit about 100 posts ago...

He's tall but never uses his height, and he's on the slow side.

He's so fu***ng overrated, what the hell is going on here..

40M?? They just make up numbers because if we pay that somebody wants shooting.

35 mil. So pretty much what Juve paid 2 years ago. Doesn't matter he's been shit since, his value hasn't dropped for our genius chairman.

This guy is as slow as fuck. He plays the game at half pace. Wtaf are we doing here???

I just don't get it. Paratici is having a mare

I think at this point Lucas is still better player.

Lot of fucking money though for someone that looks alarmingly slow.

We are the new Everton.

The way some people are desperately trying anything to hype themselves up about this signing is really fucking funny.

:contethumb:
Agree , some of it was quite embarrassing

A lot of resident know alls seem to have forgotten they thought Kulu was completely shit about 100 posts ago...

40M?? They just make up numbers because if we pay that somebody wants shooting.

35 mil. So pretty much what Juve paid 2 years ago. Doesn't matter he's been shit since, his value hasn't dropped for our genius chairman.

This guy is as slow as fuck. He plays the game at half pace. Wtaf are we doing here???

I just don't get it. Paratici is having a mare

I think at this point Lucas is still better player.

Lot of fucking money though for someone that looks alarmingly slow.

We are the new Everton.

The way some people are desperately trying anything to hype themselves up about this signing is really fucking funny.

:contethumb:
It is the problem of many fans, ready to get on the winning band in good times and ready to criticize when there are black clouds. The important thing is to love the team, then there can be errors in evaluation.

This guy is as slow as fuck.

He plays the game at half pace.

Wtaf are we doing here???
exactly

we need a raphinha

we are slow going forward already
I just don't get it.

Paratici is having a mare.

And why is Conte giving the nod when he has openly stated. - several times since being here - he likes fast players?

Just don't get it.
At least this is a loan first, so there is a way out.

Not very exciting, but at least this is sensible move. We need another attacker who potential and add goal and assist. This guy role is similar to Lamela. A supporting attacker, but not creative hub like Eriksen.

These aged well...

I was sceptical when Conte said Kulu could be a wing back, but now that I think about it he'd be an excellent wingback.

He'd be like TAA but with physcality. That run Sess made for Kulu's cross, there's no reason he couldn't be on the end of a cross like that from Son or Perisic while playing as RWB. Simiarly, there's no reason he couldn't be delivering that cross as a WB either.

He works hard in defence and has the energy to go up and down the pitch, though his actual defensive quality is hard to judge unless we see him play WB.

I'd be curious to see how a front line of Son, Kane, Richarlison, with Kulu as RWB would work, as a more aggressive formation when we're chasing a result.

A lot of what Emerson does offensively is to just carry the ball up the pitch and give a short pass to Kulu, who then delivers the killer cross. Maybe he can do that job himself.
would not want him as a wing back hes proved to be too good in the front line , wing back would just drain him physically when we want him as healthy as possible in the final third so hes sharp.

souness on talksport earlier was asked what midfielder playing today he would of liked to have played with, he said KDB, he then said kulu is de bruyne esque..thats fucking huge praise.

By Tuttosport ( Italian Newspaper)

An goals, an assist and lots of fun. Dejan Kulusevski is truly a player regenerated at Tottenham with the care of Antonio Conte: he opens the new season in great shape against Southampton, a bit like he had closed the previous Premier League, when he scored a brace. And as always happens in these situations, Juventus fans let themselves go to regret for a sale - in January 2022 - judged a bit too hasty, for a player with great potential who, however, was unable to express himself at his best in the Juventus jersey. , also because of the technicians who did not put him in a position to do so. Conte, on the other hand, exalts it: «It can become a crack».
No use crying over spilled milk or im-
imagine that a player who leaves Juventus becomes poor. Indeed, Coman and Spinazzola, just to mention the latest cases, preceded Kulusevski in the pentimenti gallery. Behind the transfer of the Swede, on loan to Tottenham until 2023 for 10 million, then a redemption obligation is set at 35 million, as much as Juventus had paid for him from Atalanta, there is the sacrifice to get to Dusan Vlahovic: Juventus needed a striker in the January transfer market and had to give up Kulusevski (as well as Bentancur, who was also sold to Tottenham) to finance the attack on the Serbian striker Fiorentina.
After all, the Swede, who arrived at Juventus in the summer of 2020 after having amazed with the Parma shirt, in his first season in Serie A, immediately going into double figures with 10 goals and 8 assists, did not make it in Juventus as expected. . It is true that Maurizio Sarri wanted him, only to find Andrea Pirlo on the bench, moreover in his first experience as a coach. And so he found himself a bit off-putting, also because the Maestro tossed him in several positions on the pitch: the task he would have preferred to perform was that of a playmaker, but he overtook himself by playing from the left wing in 4-4-2, second striker alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, central midfield, right in the median. In the end, he plays 47 games, often starting from the bench, never finding the right place in the eleven game.
The following season, with the return of Massimiliano Allegri, the situation becomes more complicated: Kulusevski disappears completely from the radars of the owners with the Livorno coach who often prefers Bernardeschi as a right winger and in January he collects 27 appearances. Having landed in England, strongly addressed by Fabio Paratici, who had already bought him at Juventus, he seems to have found his own dimension at Tottenham, behind Kane and alongside Son: he feels the confidence of Conte and his team-mates to make the most of it. a condition that he did not find in Turin.
And after Kulusevski’s regret, there is also room for the Aaron Ramsey paradox. Juventus finally managed to terminate their contract with the Welsh midfielder at the end of July, paying him half of his salary in order to get rid of a player who spent more time in the infirmary than on the pitch in three Juventus seasons. And even when he played it cannot be said that he left his mark, collecting 70 appearances, 6 goals and 6 assists overall. Ramsey then joined Nice and, on his debut in Ligue 1, he immediately won the cover with a dream debut, scoring just 30 seconds after entering the field, signing the 1-1 against Toulouse. Amazement among Juventus fans, happiness for Ramsey who seems to have returned to the days of Woolwich. The disastrous adventure in black and white is archived, with no regrets on the part of anyone.

I wrote that, and I never thought he was shit. Check my posts in this and the january transfer thread regarding Kulusevski. I'll admit, I didn't see the point in signing Bentancur, and I couldn't have been more wrong, but I believed in Kulusevski way more. There's a post where I say that he made Gervinho look like a reliable goalscorer at Parma.

I wrote that, and I never thought he was shit. Check my posts in this and the january transfer thread regarding Kulusevski. I'll admit, I didn't see the point in signing Bentancur, and I couldn't have been more wrong, but I believed in Kulusevski way more. There's a post where I say that he made Gervinho look like a reliable goalscorer at Parma.
At least spell his name correctly. You have no idea for example that he used to be brilliant for Parma 2 seasons ago, made fucking Gervinho (yes, that Gervinho) look like a goalscorer...
You are more than welcome. Look at the pages 1124/1125 of the january transfer window (the one that I've quoted). You'll see that only me and Gatsby Gatsby are giving Kulusevski a chance while everybody is slagging him off and giving us disagrees.

By Tuttosport ( Italian Newspaper)

An goals, an assist and lots of fun. Dejan Kulusevski is truly a player regenerated at Tottenham with the care of Antonio Conte: he opens the new season in great shape against Southampton, a bit like he had closed the previous Premier League, when he scored a brace. And as always happens in these situations, Juventus fans let themselves go to regret for a sale - in January 2022 - judged a bit too hasty, for a player with great potential who, however, was unable to express himself at his best in the Juventus jersey. , also because of the technicians who did not put him in a position to do so. Conte, on the other hand, exalts it: «It can become a crack».
No use crying over spilled milk or im-
imagine that a player who leaves Juventus becomes poor. Indeed, Coman and Spinazzola, just to mention the latest cases, preceded Kulusevski in the pentimenti gallery. Behind the transfer of the Swede, on loan to Tottenham until 2023 for 10 million, then a redemption obligation is set at 35 million, as much as Juventus had paid for him from Atalanta, there is the sacrifice to get to Dusan Vlahovic: Juventus needed a striker in the January transfer market and had to give up Kulusevski (as well as Bentancur, who was also sold to Tottenham) to finance the attack on the Serbian striker Fiorentina.
After all, the Swede, who arrived at Juventus in the summer of 2020 after having amazed with the Parma shirt, in his first season in Serie A, immediately going into double figures with 10 goals and 8 assists, did not make it in Juventus as expected. . It is true that Maurizio Sarri wanted him, only to find Andrea Pirlo on the bench, moreover in his first experience as a coach. And so he found himself a bit off-putting, also because the Maestro tossed him in several positions on the pitch: the task he would have preferred to perform was that of a playmaker, but he overtook himself by playing from the left wing in 4-4-2, second striker alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, central midfield, right in the median. In the end, he plays 47 games, often starting from the bench, never finding the right place in the eleven game.
The following season, with the return of Massimiliano Allegri, the situation becomes more complicated: Kulusevski disappears completely from the radars of the owners with the Livorno coach who often prefers Bernardeschi as a right winger and in January he collects 27 appearances. Having landed in England, strongly addressed by Fabio Paratici, who had already bought him at Juventus, he seems to have found his own dimension at Tottenham, behind Kane and alongside Son: he feels the confidence of Conte and his team-mates to make the most of it. a condition that he did not find in Turin.
And after Kulusevski’s regret, there is also room for the Aaron Ramsey paradox. Juventus finally managed to terminate their contract with the Welsh midfielder at the end of July, paying him half of his salary in order to get rid of a player who spent more time in the infirmary than on the pitch in three Juventus seasons. And even when he played it cannot be said that he left his mark, collecting 70 appearances, 6 goals and 6 assists overall. Ramsey then joined Nice and, on his debut in Ligue 1, he immediately won the cover with a dream debut, scoring just 30 seconds after entering the field, signing the 1-1 against Toulouse. Amazement among Juventus fans, happiness for Ramsey who seems to have returned to the days of Woolwich. The disastrous adventure in black and white is archived, with no regrets on the part of anyone.
Gotta luv google translate re Conte's attitude to Deki:

Conte, on the other hand, exalts it: «It can become a crack».

You are more than welcome. Look at the pages 1124/1125 of the january transfer window (the one that I've quoted). You'll see that only me and Gatsby Gatsby are giving Kulusevski a chance while everybody is slagging him off and giving us disagrees.

Overplaying things a bit here, mate....

Thanks 🙂

Yes I did a copy and paste from Google translate otherwise it should take too long that I don't have ... 😉
Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated.

I'm sure most of TFC can decipher the meaning of google translate's "English", and have a chuckle along the way. It actually makes the article a better read.

The Italian perspective is interesting.

Yeah sorry I missed you protecting him as well.

Not making the claim for myself, but there are others here that time and again prove themselves prepared to keep an open mind on players and other matters.

It certainly feels like it at times, but thankfully the toxics, the melts and the FIFA-botherers don't actually have the monopoly on our fanbase.

The point still stands though.

Definitely..... 👍

Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated.

I'm sure most of TFC can decipher the meaning of google translate's "English", and have a chuckle along the way. It actually makes the article a better read.

The Italian perspective is interesting.
Never seen in Italy so much attention for Totthenam: there is the attention of a great team

Only the scum fans could compare two players who are nothing alike. They’ve nobody like kulusevski, especially a poor man’s Sterling. He’s nothing like our ginger from Sweden.
It's just positioning and hatred that draws the comparisons, really. Remember that in the football social media world we apparently can't both have nice things.

Though for what it's worth I would never ever trade the two. I think, as a symptom of their fanbase, Saka has been overhyped to the moon and back, while Deki has largely been slept on by everyone but us (and even then a lot of our fans were pessimistic about his signing).

Apologies for chucking a grenade into the thread. No names were mentioned, but I did indulge in some shithousery and paraphrased your OP (which was fair comment; balanced and nuanced).
I was just trying to make a point with regards to our January signings being judged by some on here before they'd even kicked a ball for us, and history already repeating itself this summer. I don't get how some can be *so* sure of themselves when they only need to look at their own post history to see how horribly wrong they've got it in the very recent past.

Last edited:
It's just positioning and hatred that draws the comparisons, really. Remember that in the football social media world we apparently can't both have nice things.

Though for what it's worth I would never ever trade the two. I think, as a symptom of their fanbase, Saka has been overhyped to the moon and back, while Deki has largely been slept on by everyone but us (and even then a lot of our fans were pessimistic about his signing).
Son and Kane tend to steal the limelight, but not for long.

MOTD for our game was basically the Kulusevski show. Even those 12 year olds on twitter are catching on.

When a player is basically at one G/A a game it's hard to ignore, not to mention he's actually fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom