Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB definitely giving the Haters some material today. I think it was pretty obvious to all that a Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue was simply not good enough for providing proper link to the attack

With that said, more then held our own and Spurs gave a pretty good account of themselves for a team that has a bunny of new players that needs time to gel

Need to be much much more positive especially at the lane.

I'm sorry, but Lamela isn't the quality of Gareth Bale (yet). It's just sad knowing that being in that situation this year compared to last.
I understand what you're saying, but on the flip side Soldado wouldn't have been here to score and win our first two games. Paulinho and six others wouldn't be ready to come straight into our first team. Yes we've lost someone we were (too) dependent on but we've had a radical squad overhaul that will see us (hopefully) benefit in the long term. These things take time, and being objective is at its most unlikely after a NLD

When Sandro came on he looked a cut above to me. He needs to working his way into our starting XI.
I know Capoue took a knock today so dont take this the wrong way, but he was pretty poor.

We need to start offloading some of our midfield because I cant see how we are going to keep all these players happy. We arent Man Utd where we can have players sitting on the bench for game after game.

When Sandro came on he looked a cut above to me. He needs to working his way into our starting XI.
I know Capoue took a knock today so dont take this the wrong way, but he was pretty poor.

We need to start offloading some of our midfield because I cant see how we are going to keep all these players happy. We arent Man Utd where we can have players sitting on the bench for game after game.

I actually thought Capue was really good, much better on the ball than Sandro imo.

To be fair to AVB, Dembele can look brilliant going forward sometimes but ordinary other times. Unfortunately, today he looked ordinary.

I understand what you're saying, but on the flip side Soldado wouldn't have been here to score and win our first two games. Paulinho and six others wouldn't be ready to come straight into our first team. Yes we've lost someone we were (too) dependent on but we've had a radical squad overhaul that will see us (hopefully) benefit in the long term. These things take time, and being objective is at its most unlikely after a NLD

I would rather have our new signings rather than GB. We over relied on him too much last season and this season we will be much better and much more balanced. My point is no matter how much better as a team we are, we have lost our single best player in the last decade and maybe of all time. My point was that in the 87th minute needing one goal i'm taking last season with GB over this season's new signings, but in the first 86 minutes i'd rather have the whole team. I'm just sad..

Agreed. Sandro looked a different class to Capoue.
Lennon and Sigs to go tomorrow me thinks. Carroll on loan maybe.

Is it fair to say that we expected them to play a high line. But they played pretty much the game Fulham did to us last season at WHL.. Just sat back and waited for our defence to inevitably implode.

I'm gonna be a melt and say I'd take Bale over Chadli, Capoue,Lamela and Eriksen.

Then again, we haven't seen what they can do yet so its a but unfair...

In the first 5 minutes he gave away 2 dangerous free kicks right outside our box. Not what you want to be doing in any game let alone away in a NLD.
Agreed but he got better as the game went on, Sandro took a few months to adapt to the premier League, giving goals away against Fulham if I remember right.
Capoue looks to have a bit of class to go with athleticism to me, you can give him the ball in a tight situation and he wont lose it, he's actually a very good passer too.

Agreed but he got better as the game went on, Sandro took a few months to adapt to the premier League, giving goals away against Fulham if I remember right.
Capoue looks to have a bit of class to go with athleticism to me, you can give him the ball in a tight situation and he wont lose it, he's actually a very good passer too.

Im not doubting Capoue will be a decent/class player, just that Sandro needs to be starting ahead of him. He will now of course, but he should of today aswell.

I suppose its a bit like Ronaldo - im sure most their fans would rather they kept him than got all that money,
Yeah I would loved for him to stay. But he made it clear he didnt want to by being a little bitch about it.. I would rather those players, who have joined because they want to play, than a little child whos going to throw a strop every time something doesnt go his way.

Yeah I would loved for him to stay. But he made it clear he didnt want to by being a little bitch about it.. I would rather those players, who have joined because they want to play, than a little child whos going to throw a strop every time something doesnt go his way.
I don think he was a little bitch about it - and if Real came in for any of our players, im pretty sure every one of them would want to go there, I dont think there are any who would turn them down.

Im not doubting Capoue will be a decent/class player, just that Sandro needs to be starting ahead of him. He will now of course, but he should of today aswell.
To be fair, hes been out a long time and only just coming back, im sure he would have started games soon, maybe 90mins against an Woolwich team who will make you run is a bit of an ask at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom