Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leighton Bains and the twat with the afro have both played for Everton while United continue to try and buy them. Absolute professionals. I tip my hat to them. He went and got "injured". Then skipped training for a week.
I'm fairly sure Levy wouldn't want to see Bale getting crunched into with Real having an£80mil plus offer on the table.

I would rather have our new signings rather than GB. We over relied on him too much last season and this season we will be much better and much more balanced. My point is no matter how much better as a team we are, we have lost our single best player in the last decade and maybe of all time. My point was that in the 87th minute needing one goal i'm taking last season with GB over this season's new signings, but in the first 86 minutes i'd rather have the whole team. I'm just sad..

Er what? :gylfi:

Im saying I'd prefer Bale because he is the best player we have had in years and he embodies everything about Spurs for me. He was the most exciting player in the league going on incredible solo runs scoring glorious goals and he done it most games he played in. Hes the type of player kids have as their hero, the type of player we could have looked back on when we were old and say we saw him live. As much as I'm sure we will be a better team with the new signings we have brought in to replace him (we better fucking be) you can never really replace a special rare talent like that.
How do you know that Eriksen or Lamela won't be like that?

When Bale was just a bit younger than them he was a jinx that everyone wanted out of the side because he was supposedly costing us wins.

Oh, how short memories are.....

I hate to say it...but games like today were the ones where Bale would pop up and smash one in from 25 yards. :(

Or Wenger would have hatched a plan to completely nullify Bale and we would have had to rely on someone else...
..it's all theoretical at the end of the day.

How do you know that Eriksen or Lamela won't be like that?

When Bale was just a bit younger than them he was a jinx that everyone wanted out of the side because he was supposedly costing us wins.

Oh, how short memories are.....
I dont, hence the part where I said it was a bit unfair to compare.

At the end of the day we had a truly world class talent who could win any game for us and was a joy to watch. We dont know how good Eriksen and the others will be so at this stage I would rather we kept Bale - its all moot anyway, I'm just sad he's gone.

He is the best player i've ever seen in a Spurs shirt. Who in the last decade is better than him? The all time is clearly arguable, but for me, it is hard to conceive that someone before him is better than him now.

Depends what you look for in a player, Bale has fantastic athletic prowess and a superb shot, but there are other qualities I hold in high regard, the subtleties of Berbatov, and the brilliance of Modric, and the imperiousness of King. Bale was good at what he did, but he is not and never will be worth £85m.

Depends what you look for in a player, Bale has fantastic athletic prowess and a superb shot, but there are other qualities I hold in high regard, the subtleties of Berbatov, and the brilliance of Modric, and the imperiousness of King. Bale was good at what he did, but he is not and never will be worth £85m.
He will be to Real Madrid if he wins them match after match, sells gazillions of shirts/helps them win the league/CL

honestly it seemed like your midfield seemed very defensive and with that creativity is going to suffer. if your defending stays like that and your player's gel as expected no doubt you will have one of the best defences in the league, you do need to supply Soldado though and hopefully for you Erikson could be that player. The injury to Capoue was mysterious as i have not seen a replay but i thought it was initially Cazorla who was fouled it looked nasty hopefully not the double leg break that has been reported as no one wants to see a player suffer such an injury.

I hate when people say that he isn't worth 85m. The player is worth what he is worth to his respected club. GB has a worldwide appeal and sells tickets and merchandise. Whether you like it or not it's modern football and the players worth isn't only based on his ability. Berb or king or modric never had that marketability. I think they never have his ability.

Not trauled through the pages to see if my view is replicated, but take solice that we by no means got battered today, we controlled the game, yeah we got done by a smart finish, a lucky strike.

The creativity was lacking and the Capoue injury looked bad....but these things will recover themselves. Eriksen and Holtby are out creativity and Capoue will get better.

Chin up Tottenham fans, hold your heads fucking high, this is a long season, by the time we welcome these cunts back at the lane parity will be restored.

The cream always rises

I hate when people say that he isn't worth 85m. The player is worth what he is worth to his respected club. GB has a worldwide appeal and sells tickets and merchandise. Whether you like it or not it's modern football and the players worth isn't only based on his ability. Berb or king or modric never had that marketability. I think they never have his ability.

Hold on, we're talking about 'best players' we've seen, you can't rate someone as the best you've even seen because of their marketability. My point is, his price and the hype have warped the view on just how good he is, to my mind he is not the most technically gifted footballer I have ever seen at the Lane, he is a good footballer but his athletic ability makes him better.

This is the line up I want to see for our next against Norwich:

Walker Kaboul Vert Rose
Pauli Sandro
Lamela Holtby Siggy
Soldado

After 70 min: Bring on Eriksen for Holtby, Townsend for Lamela, and maybe Dembele for Paulinho (or Chadli for Siggy).

I think this has the potential to be a lot more creative and fluid than what we saw today.

I will keep it to one observation, didn't seem we were fast enough on the break. Looked like we were trying to do more patient build up than pushing up quickly at times where i would have expected more aggressive play moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom