Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think we did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way,
"Oh, no, oh, no, not me, we do it our way"

The record will shows we took the blows and did it our way! ........COYS

Can't believe how despondent people are, the Scum feel like they've won the Euromillons today.

We had all the play, and had them making subs like they were a conference side scraping a 3rd round FA cup win.

Anyone who hadn't realised years ago that Dawson and Rose aren't good enough is kidding themselves.........I can't see the 11 that started today being anywhere near 1st choice in 4 months.

Hold on, we're talking about 'best players' we've seen, you can't rate someone as the best you've even seen because of their marketability. My point is, his price and the hype have warped the view on just how good he is, to my mind he is not the most technically gifted footballer I have ever seen at the Lane, he is a good footballer but his athletic ability makes him better.

There have been more technical players but nothing like his athletic ability and technical ability. My point was that a price is what he is worth from a clubs standpoint and not just on the field. But I do think on the field he is the best I've seen.

There have been more technical players but nothing like his athletic ability and technical ability. My point was that a price is what he is worth from a clubs standpoint and not just on the field. But I do think on the field he is the best I've seen.

Well I wouldn't agree that he is the best I've even seen but I'd guess I am a little older than you. Don't take that the wrong way however, I'm not the type of person who judges other fans on their age and geographical location....your's is a perfectly valid opinion, just happens to be one I disagree with. :thumbup:

Well I wouldn't agree that he is the best I've even seen but I'd guess I am a little older than you. Don't take that the wrong way however, I'm not the type of person who judges other fans on their age and geographical location....your's is a perfectly valid opinion, just happens to be one I disagree with. :thumbup:

I'm rather young and that's why I included this decade. I'd rather have bale then king or berb or modric. I can't speak really past that because I haven't seen them.

like i said earlier hope Capoue is ok and hasn't got a double leg break but i would like to point out that when Sagna broke his leg your fans booed we clapped him off and wished him well...whilst also seeing tweets today about wilshere doing a "fabrice muamba"

like i said earlier hope Capoue is ok and hasn't got a double leg break but i would like to point out that when Sagna broke his leg your fans booed we clapped him off and wished him well...whilst also seeing tweets today about wilshere doing a "fabrice muamba"

Good for you...I'm sure we'll all clap you off when you go...

Can't believe how despondent people are, the Scum feel like they've won the Euromillons today.

We had all the play, and had them making subs like they were a conference side scraping a 3rd round FA cup win.

Anyone who hadn't realised years ago that Dawson and Rose aren't good enough is kidding themselves.........I can't see the 11 that started today being anywhere near 1st choice in 4 months.

R.E the 11 not being the same in 4 months time, great point. So true

I'm sure 'Jack's' heart failure isn't far off if he keeps on sniffing his talcum powder

Guess what, some Spurs fans are cunts too!!

Still, at least the Fabregasssss chants never happened, 'cos you're all such lovely fans.... and thanks for all the words of support after Lasagne-gate caused half our team to Chuck their guts up on the pitch after SOMEONE shat in our food... 'cos GOONERS were all so fair and nice that day too!

And for what it's worth, (and since you brought him up) the reception that ex-Woolwich player Muamba received both on the night it happened, and on his return to The Lane several months later, made me proud to be a Spurs fan, and comforted in the fact that sometimes.... SOMETIMES, we know when to put football rivalries aside.
I'd worry more about ArseAnal's fans not being able to savour victory without gloating like the smug little cunts most of them appear to be! Still, at least you applauded Capoue... Easy to do when you're winning.... I wonder what the reception would've been had WE been winning at that point, and you were desperate for the game to re-start... Ask yourself that (honestly)!!

Last edited:

I think Dawson is a good player, but he is not the right kind of player for this type of game and we have seen that time and time again. Kaboul is the right kind of player for this game, but maybe he wasn't fit. Rose is still young, and he may reach the right level but for me he is not good enough yet to be in our first team as a first starter, but given what we have right now I don't think AVB has a better option at LB.

His choice not to start with a creative midfielder was ok, but not to change that at some point, even 70 mins into the game, was very poor in my view.
This is nothing new. AVB did a few things like this last season as well. I think it is just an experience thing (he has less than three seasons experience as a manager don't forget) and eventually he corrected some of his mistakes last year, but he seems to repeat the same mistake a few times first for some reason, so I expect the same thing to happen this new season. Once he gets the team where he wants them to be, we will be really good I think.

Guess what, some Spurs fans are cunts too!!

Still, at least the Fabregasssss chants never happened, 'cos GOONERS are so fair and nice!

And for what it's worth, (and since you brought him up) the reception that ex-Woolwich player Muamba received both on the night it happened, and on his return to The Lane several months later, made me proud to be a Spurs fan, and comforted in the fact that sometimes.... SOMETIMES, we know when to put football rivalries aside.
I'd worry more about ArseAnal's fans not being able to savour victory without gloating like the smug little cunts most of them appear to be! Still, at least you applauded Capoue... Easy to do when you're winning.... I wonder what the reception would've been had WE been winning at that point, and you were desperate for the game to re-start... Ask yourself that (honestly)!!

honestly i think at the start it would of been a few boo's especially as it seemed a benign injury as i remember thinking at the time that he dived as i thought that he had fouled Cazorla but after it was known it was bad i would think it would stop.

I think whoever won would be smug and honestly i think that a lot of our fan's were really worried considering he haven't spent any money and were weary of Flamini so we were kind of relieved. can you honestly say if you won that you guys would not of been smug and of been louder in saying that the tide is turning and we are doomed?

Back
Top Bottom