Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His time as a Tottenham player has ended.

By his own admission he doesn't want to be here anymore and I doubt Ange has any intention of using a player in his situation. He didn't have a pre-season, has mentally checked out and has had the captaincy taken off him.
Guess we will never find out but if Vic and Forster were injured I think he would turn to Hugo ahead of Austin/whiteman.

His time as a Tottenham player has ended.

By his own admission he doesn't want to be here anymore and I doubt Ange has any intention of using a player in his situation. He didn't have a pre-season, has mentally checked out and has had the captaincy taken off him.
Why keep him in the 25 PL squad?

Shouldn’t even be in the squad. He is one of the biggest reasons we conceded so many goals last season. It’s over

Also, Forster is much better on the ball. There is no way Ange will play Lloris over him based on this alone.

Last edited:
I suppose it's better to register him in case of an emergency than not register him and need him.

He's probably not getting on any benches, injuries permitting.

Shouldn’t even be in the squad. He is one of the biggest reasons we conceded so many goals last season. It’s over

Also, Forster is much better on the ball. There is no way Ange will play Lloris over him based on this alone.
He's still better than Austin and Whiteman and it's obvious that Anglos doesn't think it's detrimental to the team spirit to include him in the squad. Even though he's no longer the captain he's still a leader could possibly still be a good influence in the dressing room.

Any idea what the F is going on with this bloke? Such a big figure for us and now just awkwardly invisible and not being talked about.

Any idea what the F is going on with this bloke? Such a big figure for us and now just awkwardly invisible and not being talked about.
He’s shit and finished

Been largely woeful for five or so years. Was absolutely superb back in the day which says how GK has evolved. Gone in July, retired. Good luck Hugo

Hate to see what’s been written recently about a club legend.

Not saying I disagree with some of the comment but I know that if called upon, Hugo would do his utmost not to let us down.

Last edited:

Decided for his own reasons not to move on in the summer and is still at Spurs, in the squad but with Vicario and Forster better on form than him, I doubt if he ever plays again for us in a competitive game.

Contract and therefore wages come to an end next summer - unless he decides to move in January but its his choice

Hate to see what’s been written recently about a club legend.

Not saying I disagree with some of the comment but I know that if called upon, Hugo would do his utmost not to let us down.

He let us down when he drove a car when pissed!

And himself of course!

While Lo Celso has come to the foreground in the past fortnight, one man who remains very much in the background is former Spurs captain Hugo Lloris. The Frenchman was the club's number one goalkeeper for 11 years but after failing to settle on a move last summer after publicly stating his desire for a new challenge, has remained at the club without playing any part in a matchday squad yet as his contract enters its final six months.

In a show of what the future holds in the goalkeeping position with Guglielmo Vicario impressing as Postecoglou's main man, his number two Fraser Forster was handed a new contract until 2025 this week to keep him at the club for the next 18 months at least. So what has happened to Lloris?

"He trains really hard and the goalkeeping fraternity or whatever you want to call it is a really good environment," said Postecoglou. "Whilst Hugo hasn't been playing or part of the first team he hasn't changed his demeanour in any way. He is very professional and great for the other keepers to have him there with his experience.

"He is in the last year of his contract, the last six months now and I'm sure he will be thinking about his future but it's not something I am too focused on.

"I'm delighted we have signed Fraser on for another year. His training is elite level and he is a Premier League-standard keeper absolutely. Often in most squads it is the guys who aren't playing regularly who affect the mood but to have a guy like him is a hell of an example to everyone else. I'm delighted to have him on board for at least another year and hopefully beyond that."

Does the Spurs boss expect Lloris to leave Tottenham in January to finally play some football?

"It's not my decision. It's a decision for Hugo and the club. I don't have that power and don't want that power. Hugo is a member of this squad and how he trains every day is important to me. If he wasn't then I'd be dealing with it but I haven't had to, he has been absolutely first-class," explained the Australian.

"As a manager I don't take that for granted because that could be a problem for me. For most managers it is the ones who aren't playing who give you the biggest headaches. It's his decision to make."

Postecoglou was asked whether the long-time club servant and World Cup winner could yet play again for Spurs and he could not rule it out.

"I don't know mate - I've lost five defenders, I could lose seven goalkeepers!" he said. "It's why I treat everyone the same - because you don't know. He is a member of the squad and you don't know what is around the corner. The way you treat people when they are not involved could come back to bite you when you do need them."

Hugo is a member of this squad and how he trains every day is important to me. If he wasn't then I'd be dealing with it but I haven't had to, he has been absolutely first-class," explained the Australian.
As if there'd be any chance that he just sits around in a grump. Hugo was never that guy. Dier isn't either. They may not be up to the task these days but they're proper pros.

Back
Top Bottom