Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me there was moment in the match that summed it all...... 38-39th minute. We lost possession and then absolutely hounded them, like a wolf pack on a wounded elk. Relentless. Tenacious. Got the ball back and we were rolling the attack immediately.

Have not seen a performance like that since we gave Newcastle a tonking in spring of 2012.......quality from starting to final whistle. Never letting up. QPR were poo but you still have to want it and that 38 th minute when we were already coasting showed us to be a very hungry and dangerous side.

COYS

He constantly acted the cunt. He dug out the chairman (who I am no fan of BTW) on the day he burried his dead mother. His constant self promotion. His rent a gob. The "spurs have never had it so good as under me"

Fuck off you jowlie cunt, I could take a team with Bale, Modric and VDV to 4th.
Then you're a better man than me... I could probably scrape 6th!

For me there was moment in the match that summed it all...... 38-39th minute. We lost possession and then absolutely hounded them, like a wolf pack on a wounded elk. Relentless. Tenacious. Got the ball back and we were rolling the attack immediately.

Have not seen a performance like that since we gave Newcastle a tonking in spring of 2012.......quality from starting to final whistle. Never letting up. QPR were poo but you still have to want it and that 38 th minute when we were already coasting showed us to be a very hungry and dangerous side.

COYS

The old fergie Man United teams of the late 90's/early 00's used to score 2-3 goals then try and get 2-3 more, that for me is how a good side should play, we are not a charity, we need to put other teams to the sword.

The question I asked you mate, was " why was he a cunt " in reference to him waving to us. ? But as I said mate don't worry about it.

I've got a question for you mate, and I want you to answer it honestly and seriously...if you shouted all that out at whl yesterday, or you come to the away game at qpr, and you keep shouting out harry your a cunt.......what do you think would happen to you?.....and I'm not talking about stewards throwing you out either.

Fun to look at the heat maps from yesterday...

Spurs vs Queens Park Rangers Match Centre - 24 Aug 2014 - tottenhamhotspur.com

I thought in the games prior to QPR Lamela and Eriksen found themselves in the same area too often. They looked much better vs QPR. Much better spacing. Great fluidity.

Same for Chadli. He was in all the spots that you want him to be in. Second striker a lot of the time. Thought he played great int he Rodriguez role.

Capoue... What. A. Boss!!!!

He constantly acted the cunt. He dug out the chairman (who I am no fan of BTW) on the day he burried his dead mother. His constant self promotion. His rent a gob. The "spurs have never had it so good as under me"

Fuck off you jowlie cunt, I could take a team with Bale, Modric and VDV to 4th.

Haha, those traits were admittedly very annoying among many others. Still the overall job he did for us can't be ignored. Whether he had the players or not, he took us from a very difficult situation and put us to where we are today. Levy being another reason to our huge progression in the last 10 years. Really think Levy is a top, top chairman. Admittedly he has some annoying traits that the press love to jump on, but on the whole has done wonders for the club! :adesalute::levywtf:

Never understood AVB's tactics, players where spread out and static, this was good for retaining possession but little else. Against QPR when they attacked us we hit them on the break hard, when they sat back we moved the ball slowly in our own half like under AVB but when we got closer to their goal the movement and passing sped up so we could break them down.

AVB's tactics always confused me, it copied the Barca model of possession football but without the speeding up the game part when you get close to the opposition goal.

It's only one game but I like Poch's tactics, slow possession at the back increasing the speed closer to the opposition goal and also counter attacking when the opportunity arises, this combined with a very balanced team selection, perhaps the most balanced I have seen in years means I am very happy indeed.
I'm not sure AVB knew what he was doing? I believe because AVB had never played football at a proffessional level, he had no feeling for the game. You can study tactics all day but you need to know the essence of what makes players tick (to get the best). HR + TS both had this to a point.
It's players that lose games not tactics? you need to get the best out of the players whatever formation you play.

COYS

This.
We were superb upon losing the ball & we pressed effectively.
I think we were better than that Newcastle match of a few years ago, but it may be true that QPR were shittier.

:coys:

Presumably we'd all be ok with being 4-0 down, game in progress, and having our manager joyfully waving to opposition support on request? Didn't think so because the vast majority of us realise it's taking the fucking piss. A bit like trying to recruit an assistant manager for your next job that you haven't even been offered yet.

Yiddo?
Hoddle, yes.
Redknapp, no.

He wasn't waving fucking joyfully at all. He responded to fans chanting his name in appreciation to what a brilliant job he had done. If he hadn't of waved people like you would of called him a cunt. The bloke can't win. Us fans, me included put him in that position by chanting for him to wave. It showed how much he appreciated us aswell. Fuck the qpr fans, who gives a monkeys fuck how they feel......oh yeah the harry haters.....ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom