Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

126 MB.gif SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

That's what I'd call football sovereignty. It's great to see how the interchanging final 4 screw over QPR's defence. The game looked a bit like the friendly against Celtic in Helsinki. :adethumbup:

Is it me or in the last few months are we seeing loads more people re posting stuff from several pages back? Are people reading the forum or just posting their own thoughts?
you are right but to be fair, it's pretty tiresome scrolling through the mess of people arguing about how right they are, or how wrong other people are. If you take that shit out, the gifs would all be on the same page.

Totally agree !! ...the real measure will be how we deal with quality opposition that won't miss as many chances, that was the killer last season.
Agree but, As long as you beat the fodder in the PL(not lose to teams like QPR/WHI) top four is on the cards even if you lose to top teams. The Scum ditto.

I agree it would be silly to get carried away after today. Based on historical evidence we have to assume Poch is unlikely to last more than a couple of years as manager. If he lasts longer it will be because he's managed to take us up a level I guess.

But I think seeing the way the team played today is justification for getting excited about what he's brought to the club. Best game in I don't know how long, and basically all our players looked class. Granted the opposition were useless, but the way we played was better than what we've seen in a couple of years.

Still, when we come up against the dippers next week it will be interesting to see if we can still play to that level.

Incidentally I can't remember any "messiah" sentiments at the start of AVB's reign since most Spurs fans you'd meet in real life were suspicious of him at best (evidenced by boos in the ground from the very start of his tenure). As for Sherwood, lol. While Arry actually was our saviour a lot of Spurs fans weren't all that keen on his appointment either.
Agree....There was always a stench of Chelshite that came with AVB. It was hard to ignore? I also agree with HR giving us hope, a taste of what we can achieve (not sure about saviour) but Ive always felt, he lets us down and showed he only believed in number ONE - himself.

Poch will be our saviour, lets hope he wont do something stupid and announce his always been a Scum supporter?

SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

126 MB.gif SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

It's worth pointing out that whilst this was going on they were doing it in silence, no singing or clapping. In fact there were audible moans from the WHL "faithful" who wanted it passed "forward", "this is just like AVB's team", "we need more creativity". Cunts the lot of them.

As fans we need to start to "ole" a pass before the turds of The Lane's negativity transmits itself onto the pitch again.

It's worth pointing out that whilst this was going on they were doing it in silence, no singing or clapping. In fact there were audible moans from the WHL "faithful" who wanted it passed "forward", "this is just like AVB's team", "we need more creativity". Cunts the lot of them.

As fans we need to start to "ole" a pass before the turds of The Lane's negativity transmits itself onto the pitch again.

I guess after AVB's second season people have very little belief in us passing the ball and the chance of creating anything when passing it around for long times.

Just trying to come up with reasons for people being hesitant towards the passing game. Some people might not even see any difference from AVB's football and Pochettino's. Which is both amusing and a little annoying.
It's English football culture I'm afraid, hasn't changed in decades. I saw for the first time recently the full game (kick off to final whistle) of England's '66 World Cup win and the English fans were booing England for passing the ball around in the last mins of full time whilst leading...........England's attack then broke down and the German's equalise lol.

Just trying to come up with reasons for people being hesitant towards the passing game. Some people might not even see any difference from AVB's football and Pochettino's. Which is both amusing and a little annoying.

Never understood AVB's tactics, players where spread out and static, this was good for retaining possession but little else. Against QPR when they attacked us we hit them on the break hard, when they sat back we moved the ball slowly in our own half like under AVB but when we got closer to their goal the movement and passing sped up so we could break them down.

AVB's tactics always confused me, it copied the Barca model of possession football but without the speeding up the game part when you get close to the opposition goal.

It's only one game but I like Poch's tactics, slow possession at the back increasing the speed closer to the opposition goal and also counter attacking when the opportunity arises, this combined with a very balanced team selection, perhaps the most balanced I have seen in years means I am very happy indeed.

Cringest part of the day was the day was the yiddo chants towards Redknapp. Fucking hell.

At least his willingness to give a wave after 0.5 seconds wound up the QPR fans a treat.

Cringest part of the day was the day was the yiddo chants towards Redknapp. Fucking hell.

At least his willingness to give a wave after 0.5 seconds wound up the QPR fans a treat.

Why was it cringe worthy? I was one of those fans singing for him to give us a wave. What's cringe worthy is spurs fans that don't appreciate what a brilliant job he done for us.

Back
Top Bottom