Tottenham vs Swansea City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have been 3-0, could have been 3-3.

Thats football though, Swansea had a job to do and they battled away. Their first goal was team effort shockingly bad from our point of view

Love this pic

B_SNCn-XIAAMM4d.png
Suarez' brother is a WHL steward?

Also, Danny Rose has been really excellent these last few fixtures barring the offsides thing against West Ham. He's firmly first choice in my book now.

Agree he's first choice and generally playing well but, sorry, I'm afraid his recent cock-up leading to goals count is higher than this!......

Soft and moronic free kick against Leicester allowed them to get into our box, subsequently score and come back to knock us out.

Very soft penalty against Liverpool when Verts was in front of Sturridge.

Roasted by Welbeck against the scum before their goal.

West Ham goal as you say.

He even flicked it on for Terry last week - admittedly he can't be blamed for being short or, that the line up of players behind him marking nobody is completely baffling but he's one of them. Somebody should've called that behind him, maybe they did. Part of the cluster fuck anyway.

I think he has the pace and tenacity we need and the attacking threat is important but, these errors are just the recent ones, he's still littered with them. Cut even just a few of these out and he'll be bang up there as one of the best left backs around for sure.

The amount of late goals we've been involved in this season (for AND against now) I still can't believe people leave early!!

How much earlier DO you get home if you leave 10 mins early...?** Is it really worth it?

** I assume the answer would be 10 minutes!!!!!

Our defence is now, I think, has been poor and now is squarely at the defenders feet. The barrier ahead of it has been very good but it individual mistakes are what is costing us, mostly.

It is a shame Reid has signed a new contract, he is a very astute player who would have improved us but then that is to do Dier a disservice as he will/should improve.

The win was pivotal. It is getting to the stage where it is almost irrelevant how we win but the same can be said of the teams above us, none of whom won convincingly at all but can all chalk up three points.

United look the weakest, and their run in tough but the others are looking quite formidable (maybe not so much Saints but I see them as a stronger challenger than United). There is nothing certain, of course but I remain confident that we will do all that is asked of us, and leave the rest to chance.

Back
Top Bottom