Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

such a hole of a place, was at the 'Darren Bent game' up there when he shut us up after 40 seconds missed two penalties and scored one, I still have nightmares about Walker and Palacios that day.
We stayed in Newcastle the night before and got the train out to the game-watched the manu chelsea game in a right shithole of a pub beside the bridge.
fucking cip of a place but the banter with the home fans was good tbf, had two great nights in newcastle that weekend:)

I think its ironic that it was a win that has put the final nail in the coffin for me regarding Poch and Levy.
Both can fuck off. We are an awful, awful side, who play atrocious football as a norm.
Fucking abysmal.
As opposed to playing great stuff, like we did under Harry, and losing there 3-1 when we should have lost 5-1 ?

Who's ownership have you been happy under?
Surely not the one that led us to financial ruin and ushered us into the arms of Sugar and then into mediocrity.

Both bodge the redevelopment of WHL and when Sugar left we had the same capacity as when he came with no plans to improve.

In my lifetime we have finished in the top 4 9 times.
7 of those times since I have been going. Only 5 times we have finished in the top 5 when we haven't been in the top 4 those 7 times.
2 of those top 4 finishes and all of the top 5 have been under the current owners.
Luckily we never called for Burkinshaw out where we were relegated or we maybe would have won just the 2 league cups and one FA cup since I have been going.
Remember the parting words of our most successful manager since Bll Nic when Scholar elbowed him out?

ENIC may not be the best, but let's not pretend it was better.
Unlike under Scholar we are not going to be financially ruined whilst trying to compete and improve
Unlike under Sugarat least these owners are not going to be at the helm of a demise, satisfied with a 36k or content with Spurs Lodge or waste a golden opportunity - although championing the breakaway league and SKY - offered by the huge surge in football's popularity.

Last edited:
people tend to forget the good work that has been done at the club under the current owners and chairman.
We are building a new stadium, have arguably the best training facility in not just the prem but european football, we have a wealth of young talent coming through or close to coming through to the first team, we are always in the black while maintaining a stricter wage structure than the teams ahead of us and we've been out of the top 5 once in 7 years competing in europe every season since the jol days bar one.
People who fucking yap and moan about not holding on to players like Berba, Bale and Modric need to wise up-its the nature of the game, if a player really wants to leave theres not much you can do about it except get the highest price possible and try to improve the squad with the cash.

The two mistakes that i'm annoyed at with Levy and co is a) the fact we have invested at the wrong times-we should have broke the bank for a few top players the first year we finished 4th and we would have had a chance at staying there while utd woolwich and liverpool were weaker and b) this director of football shite with baldini etc, we invested heavily in players the manager didn't want and look how that turned out.

Some spurs fans mustn't remember a matter of a few years ago we had players like Dean fucking Austin, Andy Sinton and Stuart Nethercott wearing our jersey.

Glad we are finally up and running, and above the Chavs too. We got some work to do still, but of the five teams we have faced, three are currently above us in the table and playing decent football. Two clean sheets, our only loss we didn't deserve and by my reckoning we are only a point worse off from the same fixtures, and we are unbeaten in 4. Last year Palace drew 0-0 at the Lane and if we can get the win (in an admittedly difficult game) we will have more points than from the corresponding results, and a better goal difference. ;)

A -United (1-0, last season 3-0)
H -Stoke (2-2, last season 1-2)
A - Leicester (1-1, last season 1-2)
H -Everton (0-0, last season 2-1)
A -Sunderland (0-1, last season 2-2)

Obviously I'm scraping the barrel, but let's look at the positives!

One of the best team goals of 1/2 touch football I have seen from a Spurs team in ages.
If that one piece of sublime football was not good enough for some, then those some are cunts.

Last edited:
Poor game, TBF they played hard. Liked Mason, Dier and Alli. Mason & Dier were good all game, very balanced combo.

Kane did a lot of work but he looks like Rooney when Rooney doesn't score for a few games. Rooney runs around like a mad man trying to force it, Kane did the same today, as Dwight Yorke said he needs to relax.

Son looks like a newbie trying to get into the pace of the game, needs to go wide a bit more, he tried to play through closed space. Townsend really added flair and I don't normally say that.

Chadli however was pretty awful, not just missing chances but he disappeared for most of it. I know he gets goals but when Eriksen is fit again it would be nice to see changes.

Oh and Dier could become as important to our play as Kane and Lloris. Has great covering instincts.

Capoue was too lazy and Stambouli wasn't quick enough for the role IMO which I guess is why we got rid of them.

Dier is a good passer, aggressive tackler, mobile and covers well, basically ticks the DM box.

One of the best team goals of 1/2 touch football I have seen from a Spurs team in ages.
If that one piece of sublime football was not good enough for some, then those some are cunts.

Agree, it was a poor game of football but the goal was pretty much perfect. Hope Mason ain't injured badly, would be a shame after a good performance.

The points are most important, we have played well this season but today we just had to get the result.

Dont think anyone was moaning about the goal, it was a thing of beauty. It was the rest of the game that was the problem.

What I struggled with while watching the game was again our lack of width. Now I'm sure some Football Manager - Stats obsessed poster on here will start telling me that statistically crosses aren't as successful as playing balls in to feet etc. But my problem is that there are usually about 4 Spurs players within 3 yards of each other around the edge of the box. Defenders dream that. Get some wide players who will stretch the defence. And not use the width from the full-back, as the opposition teams midfielders track back to cover them and then there's just no space in the area.

Also, what does Chadli do?

edit: But I thought Mason had a good game and really glad he got a goal. Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Not normally vocally negative towards us, but we were rather average again today, vertonghen doesn`t know where he is half the time(his best position is left-back) and chadli`s just awful.

Fear we won`t make europe for next season via the league, so it`ll have to be via the cup.

BRING ON THE CARRIER-BAGS :smesh:

We said it last time out Eric Dier is worth the TROOPS coming back for could have saved us millions ,there will be mistakes but he will grow to be a great midfielder ,there are certain players you watch and think he was born for that position .

Back
Top Bottom