Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This question might be in the Harry Kane thread. But this is a fucking moral philosophical dilemma, almost Kantesque. Do we drop Kane for a few games or do we keep him on?

Who else can hold the ball up and work like him, no one in our squad. The amount of times today Kane held the ball up and allowed us to break the Liverpool press was impressive.

Comes back to the transfer window and not signing a striker, stupid fucking decision, should have kept Bobby even, if it meant replacing him with thin air which is basically what happened.

Our lame transfer decisions always hurt us and that ain't Poch's fault, it's someone elses.

:levyeyes:

Not our best performance, but they were there for the taking. Our defence is awesome this season. As soon as Kane is firing is when we will kick on..
I actually saw Liverpool fans with germany shirts on and one or two German flags.. What a ridiculous bunch of Twats that lot are..

My comment wasn't aimed towards that direction.

I'm all up for his criticism, and I too recognize his limitations. Believe me, Dembele frustrates the heck outta me at times too. I just was directing that comment to those who think that Dembele should be sold and think that his inclusion does more harm than good.
Micky criticizing others for juvenile behavior here. That's rich.

Probably should be in the transfer thread but I wonder how many points this season people would consider not signing cover and competition for Kane is going to cost us.

Boris Becker was in the West Upper.
I think I saw Angela Merkel in the South Lower.
...and Hitler was having a wank in the Far Right Upper Toilets!

Not our best performance, but they were there for the taking. Our defence is awesome this season. As soon as Kane is firing is when we will kick on..
I actually saw Liverpool fans with germany shirts on and one or two German flags.. What a ridiculous bunch of Twats that lot are..
I thought the Geyrrrrmans bombed their chip chops with their Fokkers?
Fickle scouse twats!

Enjoy watching this team, even if the results dont seem to go our way. I've only watched us for around 5 seasons so far, but this is undoubtedly the best defense I've seen over that period.

Only thing that is concerning me is the fact that we don't have options in replacing Kane if needed. I think we could be on 17 points or more with somebody like Berahino. It's a shame really.
The lack of a replacement striker was a big issue on the previous blog I contributed to...most of the finger pointing was directed at Levy.
At the time, given we had added Son & N'jie, I felt the concern was overdone.
Well Son is injured and N'jie needs more game time, meanwhile HK looks increasingly isolated (needs help) and is failing to convert (if today is anything to go by).
I watched the Poch post match interview....not convinced.
For me this is where Poch needs to step up to the plate....4-1-4-1 on Thursday please.

Frustrating we don't have another striker. Kane should have scored late on it was an easy chance; just place it the corner don't smash right in the centre. Still think he played well though. N'Jie despite his abysmal passing still looked a threat which was great to see. Lamela just looks too weak and doesn't seem to go past players. Should have won but we are 7th which ain't too bad.

Probably should be in the transfer thread but I wonder how many points this season people would consider not signing cover and competition for Kane is going to cost us.
It's nuts. Kane needs a rest every now and then. Hopefully we'll sign someone in January but we all know the market is shit mid season. The attempts to sign Berahino in the summer were just pathetic. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Identify a target that is gettable. Then negiotate a deal before the last day of the window. All other clubs pull it off.

I thought not just Milner but also Skrtel was getting away with murder. Spent half the game hanging onto Kane's shirt and was lucky not to give away a 30 yard free kick in Eriksen's specialty zone in second half when he landed on top of him.

Ref seemed very biased to me today.

We do have a replacement for Kane but the abuse Poch would get for dropping Kane for Njie would be on another level.

I give some credits to Poch , After the first 20 minutes , If it was Sherwood or Villas Boas we would have lost 5 - 0 , Players were very nervous Waste of passes , But still solid defensively .
Dembele was big part of getting the team out of that misery shape , when he was the only one confident with the ball , I think that encourage the rest of the team.

To be fair Kane's link up play is very good. N'Jie definitely cannot lead the line.
I was told numerous times last season that Kane couldn't lead a line until he was actually played upfront on his own. Have you seen Njie or Son play upfront? In fact I know you've seen Son play upfront, you saw him score twice too.

Back
Top Bottom