Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably should be in the transfer thread but I wonder how many points this season people would consider not signing cover and competition for Kane is going to cost us.

It was always a fucking joke and to think we've actually been more sound defensively, if we'd had some cover for Kane to take some pressure off and provide another option for us that could nick a few more goals then we could be top of the league. That's not being divisive, it's fact.

Weird game. Poor for the first 20 minutes and then very good for the last 25 minutes of the first half (kane, NJie and Alli missing very big chances). Second half didn't really get going for either team but Kane should have scored. Overall a draw is fair and Dembele was our best player followed by our 2 centre backs.
Eriksen was up there as well

My take on the game (sorry if I'm repeating previous posts but haven't got time to trawl 60 pages):
1. Thought we just had the edge in terms of chances and should have nicked the three points.
2. As expected, they came at us all guns blazing for the first ten minutes, but apart from that mad scramble off the line, they never looked like scoring.
3. Second half was stalemate.
4. Jan and Toby are fast becoming an excellent defensive partnership.
5. Not sure Clinton is the answer up front, but what a slap in the face to Townsend, not to be put on when Chadli went off.
6. Harry needs assistance up front, the poor bugger runs his heart out, and because he is on his own, he is always marked by at least two players and he gets little protection from refs.
7. As inconsistent Walker can be, when he went down injured, he is still a million times better than Trippier.
8. If only the Moose had an end product, he would be a hell of a player (and probably wouldn't be playing for us) - his possession and work rate was second to none.
9. What the heck was Milner doing, still on the pitch?.
10. The ref was absolutely useless.

My take on the game (sorry if I'm repeating previous posts but haven't got time to trawl 60 pages):
1. Thought we just had the edge in terms of chances and should have nicked the three points.
2. As expected, they came at us all guns blazing for the first ten minutes, but apart from that mad scramble off the line, they never looked like scoring.
3. Second half was stalemate.
4. Jan and Toby are fast becoming an excellent defensive partnership.
5. Not sure Clinton is the answer up front, but what a slap in the face to Townsend, not to be put on when Chadli went off.
6. Harry needs assistance up front, the poor bugger runs his heart out, and because he is on his own, he is always marked by at least two players and he gets little protection from refs.
7. As inconsistent Walker can be, when he went down injured, he is still a million times better than Trippier.
8. If only the Moose had an end product, he would be a hell of a player (and probably wouldn't be playing for us) - his possession and work rate was second to none.
9. What the heck was Milner doing, still on the pitch?.
10. The ref was absolutely useless.
wow 60 pages summarised in 10 lines

mixit all up - repeat, mix again and repeat the process 40 times and you have the Gibbons input summarised as well....

The Ref today was a Klopp fan boy & I am surprised that we did not hear a collective orgasam from the away end when Klopp walked out before Kick Off.

That was a poor Liverpool team. I am Frustrated we did not win, but the problem is obvious. We are too easy to defend against and our Striker ( one and only ) is in a bit of trouble....also, he's very isolated at times. The sooner Son is back the better.

We had a few injuries and the players who came in did excellent. Especially Dembele in my opinion anyway.

ps. Milner - pathetic excuse of a footballer !

Absolutely disgusted with that guy.. Something weird happens to people when they arrive at that classless club.
don't confuse the club with their fans.
That football team oozed class for a hell of a long time, and spawned many great footballers and astonishing footballing achievements.
True enough, in recent years some of the stuff that has come out of there hasn't been top class, but most of it revolves around being "at one" with their supporters. I think you have to accept that they have to do that.

In a lot of ways you have to feel sorry for the club, that achieved so much - and then had to look on in dismay as their own supporters killed their own, and then other teams supporters.

Thought we lacked a bit of composure, or at least balance, with Rose for Davies, Dembele for Dier and N'Jie for Chadli......too many erratic players to control the game.

Kane's work rate has dropped off massively from his best form last season as well, that's maybe not his fault as he's being overplayed and no longer has the luxury/incentive of playing every game like it might he his last. But one of his main attributes last season was just chasing everything down as aggressively as he could.......without that he's going to struggle.

Thought we lacked a bit of composure, or at least balance, with Rose for Davies, Dembele for Dier and N'Jie for Chadli......too many erratic players to control the game.

Kane's work rate has dropped off massively from his best form last season as well, that's maybe not his fault as he's being overplayed and no longer has the luxury/incentive of playing every game like it might he his last. But one of his main attributes last season was just chasing everything down as aggressively as he could.......without that he's going to struggle.
Are you saying Kane didn't run his ass off today?

well on to the next match
anigif_enhanced-13583-1399300945-23.gif

Back
Top Bottom