Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not thanks to Poch, it's thanks to Levy. What do you expect Poch to say? 'Mr Levy is a tight arsed cunt who lied to me when l took the job'?

Poch isn't Mourinho ( thank fuck). His style is low key uncontroversial. He is not going to undermine his boss in public.

I agree he got it wrong against Woolwich, but we fucked City next game so that can be forgiven. My point is; if you can't say who should have played up front tonight, you must admit that the squad is weak in that area - and that is not down to Poch. Simply slating the current manager doesn't get us anywhere. You're shooting at the wrong guy.

I've never denied that the squad is weak in that area!

On the contrary!

So why did he say he was "happy" with the squad?
When it's obvious to virtually everyone that the squad is weak!

Some others on here blame Harry ffs!

What is love?
I asked someone else this question, and she gave me this Plato quote.

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."

I hope you appreciate the effort I've taken.

Last edited:
I asked someone else this question, and she game me this Plato quote.

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."

My school boy description would be a level of adoration and admiration beyond any previously or currently felt.

We know now that N'jie is a 2nd rate player who occasionally runs fast!
7 career goals so why did we buy him?
He certainly isn't the answer up top!

But thanks to Poch who said he was happy with the squad only having one striker there are no options!

Yes I know Levy is behind all this and he is the constant but Poch rolling over really annoys me!
So you're telling me, that from the 240 minutes of football N'jie has played for us, you have with your unquestionable and obvious expertise on footballing matters(LOL), confirmed that N'jie is a flop.

You actually believe Poch was/is happy with the squad? What do you want him to tell the media? Do you want him to put us in an even worse position when buying a striker? As if it's not already obvious enough that we're lacking, you want to give clubs an even bigger upper hand on us? Like someone above me said, you really are a like a pig in mud when we lose.

Interesting game, to be honest I thought they pressed us superbly and hassled us into mistakes. We had the majority of players playing well but a few weak links that cost us- Townsend/Tripper down that right were weak and they focussed nearly every attack there. Obviously a few glorious chances to score that we spurned, but some of what I've read in the last few pages is insane.

Also something interesting I saw, just after he applauded the away fans at FT, as Poch was walking towards the tunnel he hoofed a water bottle at the dugout. Assuming they didn't show that on TV..?

we need a striker in January. and a good one. :pochfacepalm:

and without Son we are very short on the wings.
Townsend is shit shit shit. The most frustrating player in the club by a mile.

And we will do at least 7 points on the next 3 games at the EL. No worries about that

The whole team was crap today. Eriksen's goal was dumb luck.
Lamela is squarely back to his old dribble in to a crowd and lose it form
Harry: Please try chipping the keeper now and then, can't go through them.
Trippier was a lost puppy, has no business on the back line.

Ugh

Leading the line with a poor man's Theo was extremely unwise. Let's avoid the Woolwich route plz. How the club doesn't properly provide adequate coverage to Kane feels like Aston Villa plucking down 21 large for Darren Bent services. Mind boggling really

I do... especially as we've had to put up with the Arse being hailed as the greatest ever living football club ever after Tuesday...
The LEAST we coulda done was to win and prove we are at least on the right track!
TBH whoever just pointed out that the players don't give a fuck about this competition had it spot on...
Doesn't matter how many montages of '84 and intetviews with Graham Roberts they dig up, the EL isn't The UEFA CUP... and it most certainly isn't the CL... and all the players know it.
It's just left to us misty-eyed nostalgics that this comp actually means summit... it clearly doesn't.
Still, maybe they should remind the players of the CL place for the winners... maybe then they'd start caring alright!
The most disappointing thing yesterday was our most reliable consistent players like Toby, Verts, Dier and Eriksen putting half-hearted performances.

Almost home after what will be a 33 hour marathon.

Good to see SpursLegend SpursLegend and BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs amongst others out there.

Absolutely brilliant time in O'Reillys before the match (beautiful Belgian name).
The stewarding and policing was very hands off. Our lot could learn a thing or two.

First time I have ever seen a team do a lap of honour for winning a Europa League group game. Odd.

I asked someone else this question, and she gave me this Plato quote.

I'm more in the camp of Aristotle, who taught a young boy that his culture was superior and best.
Then as a young man he conquered the known world in his short glorious lifetime.
Megas Alexandros of Macedon/ Hellas .
"There is nothing impossible to him who try's " (one striker bollocks unforgivable)
Others prefer old Socrates .

Almost home after what will be a 33 hour marathon.

Good to see SpursLegend SpursLegend and BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs amongst others out there.

Absolutely brilliant time in O'Reillys before the match (beautiful Belgian name).
The stewarding and policing was very hands off. Our lot could learn a thing or two.

First time I have ever seen a team do a lap of honour for winning a Europa League group game. Odd.
I've said this a lot of times before, i dont understand how you guys can cope with the stewarding in England. Its as if your country is the only one that suffered from Hooliganism, we had and still have our fair share of that but in Belgium they chose to take a bit more distance and let fans enjoy their freedom a bit more which in turn leads to a lot less frustration and aggravation. Everytime i'm at spurs i get nervous from the stewards, the amount of things you cant do, say etc is just mental.

Back
Top Bottom