Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“After the break we dared more with a 4-3-3 formation so we got more space and opportunities.

Audere-est-Facere eh boys? Thought that was supposed to be OUR catchphrase?

That's what happens when the powers that be within the club start meddling and trying to shoehorn in "I WILL" and "STAY RELENTLESS" .... those aren't our mottos... the "Dare" one is!

They've clearly confused the players with all their 'movie trailer' catchphrases!

As for Collymore, it has little to do with the discussion of whether a player is fatigued or not.
What he is though, is an ex-pro, who can speak from experience, whilst all we can do is speculate and get caught up in the modern day media frenzy that dictates playing more than twice a month is bad for a footballers' legs.

It was refreshing to hear someone finally buck the trend and remind us that, actually, these guys have some of the best medical staff, fitness coaches and doctors available monitoring them, and I'm confident Poch would rather lighten a player's training regime to keep him fit for a midweek game if he felt he was fatigued than keep him working at 100% making him unavailable for the actual match.

Again, I could be wrong, but tell me -

Should we qualify for the Champions League, will you be encouraging Poch to drop Kane for the Wednesday night game against Atletico Madrid because he's tired from the game against Swansea played on Saturday? Because quite frankly, midweek football is part and parcel of football, and it isn't realistic to expect to make wholesale changes and still be successful in all competitions.

Last time I looked we have 4 wins from 13 games....is that somehow impressive ?

Yes we have the joint best defensive record, yet have 14 teams in the league who have scored more than us....

In fact. Take the 4-1 out of the mix and we have scored 7 goals in 8 games, is that something I should be proud of ?

Because we have drawn over half our games in the league is no achievement. You can go all season and not lose with 38 draws and you would go down !
some people are loving the 0-0 draws.
keep a clean sheet & stay unbeaten.
wahey!!!

we have drawn our last 14 league games 0-0.
i am a bit concerned we will go down.

Excuse me! excuse me!
last time i checked we have the best defensive record & longest unbeaten run!

I've said this a lot of times before, i dont understand how you guys can cope with the stewarding in England. Its as if your country is the only one that suffered from Hooliganism, we had and still have our fair share of that but in Belgium they chose to take a bit more distance and let fans enjoy their freedom a bit more which in turn leads to a lot less frustration and aggravation. Everytime i'm at spurs i get nervous from the stewards, the amount of things you cant do, say etc is just mental.
In terms of policing and stewarding, I think England is somewhere in the middle. Belgium & Switzerland - much more hands off. Italy, France, Spain - much more hands on...

In terms of policing and stewarding, I think England is somewhere in the middle. Belgium & Switzerland - much more hands off. Italy, France, Spain - much more hands on...
France is bad indeed, Italy really depends on the teams/cities. Portugal is ridiculous, the cops are so un prepared that its actually funny. Holland is good too, they allow a lot but when you do cross the line their interventions are pretty efficient

In Belgium it also depends on where you go, Standard Liege for example is a nightmare for away fans. The cops love a good scrap there and really seem to be instigating the violence in stead of trying to detain it

What he is though, is an ex-pro, who can speak from experience, whilst all we can do is speculate and get caught up in the modern day media frenzy that dictates playing more than twice a month is bad for a footballers' legs.

It was refreshing to hear someone finally buck the trend and remind us that, actually, these guys have some of the best medical staff, fitness coaches and doctors available monitoring them, and I'm confident Poch would rather lighten a player's training regime to keep him fit for a midweek game if he felt he was fatigued than keep him working at 100% making him unavailable for the actual match.

Again, I could be wrong, but tell me -

Should we qualify for the Champions League, will you be encouraging Poch to drop Kane for the Wednesday night game against Atletico Madrid because he's tired from the game against Swansea played on Saturday? Because quite frankly, midweek football is part and parcel of football, and it isn't realistic to expect to make wholesale changes and still be successful in all competitions.
its worrying if they are already tired in october.
a long season ahead. it will only get worse.

We've had two 0-0 draws in 14 games this year.

Keep talking shit mate, everyone can see it.

You talk so much shit you've even resorted to making up fantastical scenarios to make a point.

You're laughable.
dont worry yourself. u missed the point.... again.

it be better if we just ignore each other like i tried to do. it just looks crap us having cringing arguments.

i know u think u come out of it looking like a champ.
but u dont.

can u kindly stop following me around all day & quoting my posts which arent aimed at u. thanks.

show me u have the powers to not seek an argument from someone who has said they dont want to even talk to u.
get the hint. i dont want to talk to u.

ok im laughable with crap arguments. you are great & the best debater in the world.
u are also 0% melt & i am sure u read stories to ill children in hospital too.
& u read them much better than all the other ill children book readers. go u!

please stop repeating yourself. lets just agree to disagree.

its worrying that u cant not argue with me even after i stopped replying to u.
u actively seeking out an argument is so sad.

i broke my promise not to message u. but u still are replying to my posts that arent directly aimed at u.

but this will be my last reply to u to stop boring others with our cringing argument.

carrying on seeking out crap arguments with bazali or someone else u fancy slagging off all day/night.
enjoy. have a good day seeking out arguments.
bye

Last edited:
carrying on seeking out crap arguments with bazali or someone else u fancy slagging off all day/night.
enjoy. have a good day seeking out arguments.
jesus. u lot hate melts but non stop talk about them.

can u kindly start a new thread called anti-melts & then continue to list what u hate about melts & all the reasons u guys are so much better than them.

ok guys. u are great non melts. better than everyone else. we get it. congrats.
the cards in the post
This was your first post after the game you mug. Then you tell me I'm seeking out stupid arguments. LOL.

You are too stupid to debate properly so responded to my factual arguments with sensationalism and made-up accusations, then you tell me not to respond to you after you do that? Jog on you sanctimonious twerp.

You don't want a debate, stick me on ignore. But don't come on making shit up and pumping your shit rhetoric then just abandon ship because you get called out on it.

''get the hint, I don't want to talk to you''...whilst writing a diatribe aimed at me. Do me a favour.

Mug.

So you're telling me, that from the 240 minutes of football N'jie has played for us, you have with your unquestionable and obvious expertise on footballing matters(LOL), confirmed that N'jie is a flop.

You actually believe Poch was/is happy with the squad? What do you want him to tell the media? Do you want him to put us in an even worse position when buying a striker? As if it's not already obvious enough that we're lacking, you want to give clubs an even bigger upper hand on us? Like someone above me said, you really are a like a pig in mud when we lose.

And I thought we were getting on so well!
:love:

Then you liken me to a pig!
:eek:

I hope we can agree that N'jie was shite last night and has proven he can't lead the line!
He can maybe be used as a bit player coming on for the 20 mins to possibly change a game or for the last 2 or 3 mins depending on what mood our esteemed coach is in!
So I haven't said he is a flop as such but not much to be impressed by so far, 240 mins or not!

The 2nd part of your tirade is just echoing Joe and, sorry, I disagree with both of you on this point without lowering my opinion of you both as good posters!

It's all about standards I suppose.

You both seem to be of the opinion that it's ok for Poch to lie saying he's happy with the squad when really he isn't!
That's what I disagree with!

I've been in jobs where I could have done that but never have!
If I don't like what's going on I say so and if I think my boss is a cunt then even if I don't come out and say that he or she will be well aware of how I feel.

It's about personal integrity and having standards and I don't think Poch has any!

So that's my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with me!

I can take a defeat and, no matter how well we're playing, this will happen but what I do find unacceptable is the way we lose and last night's performance was unacceptable!

Someone else posted that even good players who are having a good season put in lacklustre performances like Verts and Toby so something is seriously wrong and the buck stops with the manager.
Decent players like Eriksen and Lamela were poor and I was disappointed with them both.

Then why did Poch take off Dembele who wasn't playing badly and not Townsend who was shite all night and should never wear our shirt again?
This also applies to Trippier.

Once again Loris was our best player.

Harry got some stick for missing one chance despite their keeper, who was excellent, making a decent stop after Harry had done everything else well in creating the chance by out muscling their defender!
It will come but the real melts on here are those that slag off one of our best players and I'm not one of them!

:coys:

I hope we can agree that N'jie was shite last night and has proven he can't lead the line!
He can maybe be used as a bit player coming on for the 20 mins to possibly change a game or for the last 2 or 3 mins depending on what mood our esteemed coach is in!
So I haven't said he is a flop as such but not much to be impressed by so far, 240 mins or not!

The 2nd part of your tirade is just echoing Joe and, sorry, I disagree with both of you on this point without lowering my opinion of you both as good posters!

You both seem to be of the opinion that it's ok for Poch to lie saying he's happy with the squad when really he isn't!

If I don't like what's going on I say so and if I think my boss is a cunt then even if I don't come out and say that he or she will be well aware of how I feel.

It's about personal integrity and having standards and I don't think Poch has any!

I can take a defeat and, no matter how well we're playing, this will happen but what I do find unacceptable is the way we lose and last night's performance was unacceptable!

Someone else posted that even good players who are having a good season put in lacklustre performances like Verts and Toby so something is seriously wrong and the buck stops with the manager.
Decent players like Eriksen and Lamela were poor and I was disappointed with them both.

Then why did Poch take off Dembele who wasn't playing badly and not Townsend who was shite all night and should never wear our shirt again?

Harry got some stick for missing one chance despite their keeper, who was excellent, making a decent stop after Harry had done everything else well in creating the chance by out muscling their defender!
It will come but the real melts on here are those that slag off one of our best players and I'm not one of them!

How can you say last night proves NJie cant lead the line? He played an hour. He is clearly not match sharp, but he is quick, and wants passes in behind defenders so he can use his pace. I think he has potential - but is clearly a different option/player to Kane and therefore requires something different from the team. His finishing certainly looks no worse than Kanes at the moment.
The performance wasn't good enough last night, and someone here mentioned that the team needs to be more ruthless. It also looks like the players just don't treat this comp or the opposition at the stage seriously. Poch needs to take some of the heat but we could easily have won last night, it was a few slack individual performances and a lack of energy and composure in the second half that did for us. Also Anderlecht humped someone convincingly at the weekend and were pumped for this game - so lets not take anything away from them. We had a tough game at the weekend and it showed.
I'd like to think we'll give them a shoeing in the return fixture.

How can you say last night proves NJie cant lead the line? He played an hour. He is clearly not match sharp, but he is quick, and wants passes in behind defenders so he can use his pace. I think he has potential - but is clearly a different option/player to Kane and therefore requires something different from the team. His finishing certainly looks no worse than Kanes at the moment.
The performance wasn't good enough last night, and someone here mentioned that the team needs to be more ruthless. It also looks like the players just don't treat this comp or the opposition at the stage seriously. Poch needs to take some of the heat but we could easily have won last night, it was a few slack individual performances and a lack of energy and composure in the second half that did for us. Also Anderlecht humped someone convincingly at the weekend and were pumped for this game - so lets not take anything away from them. We had a tough game at the weekend and it showed.
I'd like to think we'll give them a shoeing in the return fixture.

I agree with a lot of what you say other than N'jie leading the line!

He needs a lot of work to be an average winger in my view but still a better option than Townsend!

you cant blame poch for only having 1 out & out striker. its a crazy situation.

but people were quick to praise poch for the passion, hunger & desire he instills in to the players.

but i think we have lacked this many times. like in the majority of the 2nd half of last season & games like yesterday too.

they didnt seem very hungry or passionate.

he isnt motivating them as well as id hoped.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you say other than N'jie leading the line!

He needs a lot of work to be an average winger in my view but still a better option than Townsend!

id say njie is far away from being able to lead the line regularly.
obviously he needs a couple of seasons to show what he can do.
but if i had to predict now, id say he wont ever be able to lead the line at the level required.
i still see him more of an impact & cover player.

I also thought we had worked things out, but then you come and say something I disagree with again:(. Dembele didn't have a good game again, he was poor, but he wasn't played as an inside forward. Who would you've put on for Trippier? Yeah, he was poor last night but Townsend was shite, he gave Trippier zero cover. Townsend was the real problem. I'll give you that, he should never have been on the pitch for 80 minutes, poor from Poch not to recognize.

A bit harsh to rule someones potential out after a 60 minute appearance, it was hardly disastrous.

It's a weird thing but it seems when we play poorly (or at least a few players have an off game) we lose. I like the sound of Poch being pissed off, hopefully he uses it to ensure we put in a good performance against Bournemouth on Sunday.

It's funny how N'Jie comes on, up front against Man City and looks fantastic, yet after tonight he is "Not good enough to lead our line" and "Might be better than Townsend one day".

The boy is young and raw, we all knew that coming in. He will have good games and bad games, but writing him off after he's played what, 300 minutes for us? That's just nonsense. The same goes for Trippier. Has barely kicked a ball for us this year but "Should be nowhere near the team" when all season everyone has been calling for the not so bad Kyle Walker to be dropped.

This forum is full of melting wankers who need to learn about the big picture, not the last 90 fucking minutes where nobody played good.

Eriksen looked a bit shit last night. Should we just sell him?

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom