The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 points off fourth place, but when you consider that we're only 5 points off first it really highlights how well we are doing.
This is a tough league nowadays, any team can beat you, but we aren't getting beat much at all.
I expect us to beat West Ham and then maybe we can beat Chelsea and get their manager sacked.

Don't know what I'm gonna do for the next two weeks without proper football.

currently 11 unbeaten, equalng our 2011\12 run (though that was W10D1). our best PL one was year later with 12 unbeaten at 2012\13 (W8D4). equal that and our next challenge will be 14 like the 84\85 side (W9D5) which was in our last serious title challenge (2012 ending too early)
best I found before that was 78 in the 2nd division when we went 19 unbeaten(W8D11). Our best ever run started at 66\7 and ended the following season with 20

Last edited:
Three things.

1) the only really bad thing this team does is they are terrible at defending set pieces. We gave up almost no chances from open play today. All woolwich's chances came from set pieces. Anderlect tortured us with them as well. This needs to be fixed especially since we are ostensibly playing three center halves.

2) if Lamela doesn't have to come off because of his yellow (he really needs to be more cautious when booked) they don't score that goal. Son gave Ozil way to much time to make that pass. Doubt Lamela does the same. Can't blame Son too much as he's very much lacking match fitness and looked uncomfortable.

3) Looking forward, I think we're one game changing attacking midfielder from being the team we want to be. Son, Eriksen, and Lamela look like a real solid group right now but we need to add more so we can rotate and have actual impact subs. Obviously still need to backups for Kane and Dier so we don't run them in the ground but I think we're one first team attacking midfielder from being better than just top 4 quality.

Feels like a defeat. We should have been a couple goals clear.

Pochettino fucked up bringing Son on. He was awful against Anderlecht. I understand easing in, but even when he scored for us before injury, he was lackadaisical defensively and pressing-wise. Throwing him on in a game we were controlling for the most part, was stupidity. Mason should have come on first. Even Onomah.

Son is currently a waste of space. How many bloody balls did he give away or randomly hit towards the opposition in the last two games? Pochettino upset the balance.

The Korean should go to Qarabag and not play against either Spam or Chelsea. Get his head in the damn game.
Harsh ITK...but I agree on Son, it's obvious that his match fitness is still not there...I suspect that Poch will let him go & play for his national team but he'll have to work hard when he returns!

Well you look at how we've played Man U, Man C and Woolwich this season (in my eyes the top three come end of the season) and we've been the better team each time. We are building something very special here under Pochettino, a style that suits the players we have and in turn gets the best out of them.

Very pleased with how things are currently going at Spurs.

Truly fantastic performance. Proud of the boys. We won off and on the pitch. Our future is vey bright. Ali was immense as well. Yes it was fucking nervy the last 10 but we went to the emirates and dominated.

I fucking love this team and fucking love our manager. Making us proud, chests puffed out, skip in my step, smile on my face.

Sat in a pub with 6 Spurs fans and about 100 scum, we sung all game, all neutrals joining in with us and not a peep from the scum until they scored.

Three things.

1) the only really bad thing this team does is they are terrible at defending set pieces. We gave up almost no chances from open play today. All woolwich's chances came from set pieces. Anderlect tortured us with them as well. This needs to be fixed especially since we are ostensibly playing three center halves.

2) if Lamela doesn't have to come off because of his yellow (he really needs to be more cautious when booked) they don't score that goal. Son gave Ozil way to much time to make that pass. Doubt Lamela does the same. Can't blame Son too much as he's very much lacking match fitness and looked uncomfortable.

3) Looking forward, I think we're one game changing attacking midfielder from being the team we want to be. Son, Eriksen, and Lamela look like a real solid group right now but we need to add more so we can rotate and have actual impact subs. Obviously still need to backups for Kane and Dier so we don't run them in the ground but I think we're one first team attacking midfielder from being better than just top 4 quality.

The weakness on crosses is worrying. Once again our defence has been dragged towards the ball. I wonder why Vertonghen does not step up and take ownership of this. He is frequently the wrong side of his man.
That said, still unbeaten, 5 points off the top - that's the top, not 4th - and Wenger can fuck off.
Keep this up and we'll have fuck all to moan about.

Well you look at how we've played Man U, Man C and Woolwich this season (in my eyes the top three come end of the season) and we've been the better team each time. We are building something very special here under Pochettino, a style that suits the players we have and in turn gets the best out of them.

Very pleased with how things are currently going at Spurs.

If we can dominate those three we can be up there when the chips are down.

Fantastic performance and just goes to show, I'm gutted we drew given how the game went overall, great sign our quality.

To put that in during the 3rd game in 6 days is immense.

One criticism with hindsight is that it would have been better to see Mason come on for Son. More tenacity and would've known what to expect with the intensity, better equipped to drop in and help us dig out the 1-0. Never mind though.

Great performance, we dominated for long periods and every player put a shift in. I was concerned we would begin to flag in the last 20, sky were obsessing about Woolwich having played away on Wednesday whilst not noting we played Monday and Thursday night.

This squad now has backbone, unbeaten since the opening day.

Back
Top Bottom