Tottenham Hotspur feat 1882 v Tax Dodgers United (Monaco)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never said he was crap completely, or all over the place, merely implied he wasn't at his best in my opinion. He's pressed well and covered well defensively and got in good positions, all I meant was that when we've broke forward his final pass has been lacking at times, and his first touch to retain possession at times has been poor. I said he's been poor at times tonight, not completely crap all evening.

Agree - thought Son had some disappointing moments tonight, mainly dodgy passes that caused a few groans. It's not a big deal to say it as it was. Nobody is coating him off for it.

This is why Pochettino wants the likes of Nolito and Berahino and signing players like N'Jie and Son. There is no focal point, no guy to play off, they're all very fluid and all over the place causing absolute havoc to the defence of the opposition.
it would have been interesting to see what he would have done if kane didnt exist? what sort of foward he would have gone for.

Go easy on the hatters. They're mad you know.

It's because of the mercury.
Yea, fuck those guys
Walt-Disney-Production-Cels-Mad-Hatter-walt-disney-characters-37117454-1291-1600.jpg

1401786942_pharrell-williams-with-a-big-hat_800.jpg

jayhatt.jpg

The_Wicked_Witch_of_the_West.jpg

it would have been interesting to see what he would have done if kane didnt exist? what sort of foward he would have gone for.
Kane IS one of those players though. He's always dropping deep and running the channels. He just has that part of him that CAN be the focal point but as shown today, we can get along without him. He's just too good to drop/leave out when needed.

Never said he was crap completely, or all over the place, merely implied he wasn't at his best in my opinion. He's pressed well and covered well defensively and got in good positions, all I meant was that when we've broke forward his final pass has been lacking at times, and his first touch to retain possession at times has been poor. I said he's been poor at times tonight, not completely crap all evening.
Dont take it personally. There's a lot of touche posters on here. they mean well

Just in.

How bloody good were we tonight? Absolutely buzzing about what is developing at spurs. With a little more incesion in the first half we would have been five or six up. We stepped off it a little in the second half and the little winger they brought on looks a good player but on the whole that was more than comfortable.

Positives for me - Omanah, Njie, Carroll, none of them looked out of place. Lamela hat trick, Wimmer was class at the back and great to see chadli and bentelab returning.

The only negatives for me was Son was wasteful at times. I don't mean to be too critical but he needs to work on doing the basics, because when he does, we score goals. His first touch was sloppy at times but I like his attitude, like lamela he grafts for the team.

Surely that's it for Townsend? Unused sub again.

Oh and the ref was utter dog shit. Everytime a Monaco player went down he could not wait to whistle. Pathetic performance.

Hopefully a good draw on Monday awaits.

really impressed with onomah.
what positions can he play?
i take it he was playing his best position tonight?
does he usually chip in with goals or assists?

Just caught the highlights, not that ITV showed that much! Looked like a good team performance again. The pace of Europa League seems to suit Lamela as he definitely plays well in this competition. Fingers crossed for a good draw. I would be a very happy bunny if Hugo lifts that beautiful trophy at the end of the season.

Just in.

How bloody good were we tonight? Absolutely buzzing about what is developing at spurs. With a little more incesion in the first half we would have been five or six up. We stepped off it a little in the second half and the little winger they brought on looks a good player but on the whole that was more than comfortable.

Positives for me - Omanah, Njie, Carroll, none of them looked out of place. Lamela hat trick, Wimmer was class at the back and great to see chadli and bentelab returning.

The only negatives for me was Son was wasteful at times. I don't mean to be too critical but he needs to work on doing the basics, because when he does, we score goals. His first touch was sloppy at times but I like his attitude, like lamela he grafts for the team.

Surely that's it for Townsend? Unused sub again.

Oh and the ref was utter dog shit. Everytime a Monaco player went down he could not wait to whistle. Pathetic performance.

Hopefully a good draw on Monday awaits.
My thoughts exactly mate, so will only add with another thing that epitomised our Spurs side was Dier signalling to the bench that he didn't want to come off, he was desperate to stay on.....fucking love that attitude. Thought Davies was quality also and still not sure about Trippier (he doesn't hide and he works hard just seems to lack quality).
For me Wimmer was MOTM, he is a proper baller, very comfortable on the ball, time and again bringing the ball under control with his chest and playing short one twos with whoever was around him.
I was sat next to a nice Monaco supporter who told me this was their strongest team and we have been the best team they have played this season.

Last edited:
So happy Poch started a few of the younger players-Onomah and N'Jie had great games as did Wimmer.
First half was so fluid they couldn't deal with us at all!
I love the interchanging between all our attacking players these days, I don't even think we've seen the best of spurs this season yet which is an exciting thing in itself.
Pretty much a fully fit squad just in time for christmas (get well soon Pritch) and going great.

I think we are going to hammer the toon sunday I really do.

Back
Top Bottom