The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's so weird that we have the joint best defensive record in the league
I know. It doesn't quite feel like Spurs...but you know it is Spurs. All in a very good way, may I add...but there is something a bit alien about how good defensively we have been & how rare it is these days to see us being stretched out of position. We could end the weekend with the best goal difference in the league as well! That doesn't sound like Spurs either...

Huge incentive for the team tomorrow, get into 4th place and then try and cement our place within the 4. The team shouldn't need any more motivation but if so, it's right there for them.

Get out the blocks quick and dampen any confidence they have from last week.

Lamela, Eriksen and Son behind Kane. The pace and creativity with that 4 is enough to cause any team problems.

There on there way .
passenger_1532425c.jpg

It's so weird that we have the joint best defensive record in the league

Generally the only time I get worried these days is from corners, we still look a bit disorganised when it comes to corners and crosses. Solve that and I think there is very little else that needs any significant improvement from a defensive perspective.

Incredibly nervous about this game because our previous 2 prem games have been pretty ordinary. I've said it already but these are generally the games that we screw up and Newcastle have some confidence after last week. Won't be anywhere near as easy as most people think.

with United losing today the and the amount of draws we have had, I don't think the players could be any more up for this game.
We will not bottle this-comfortable win

So a win puts us top 4 at Tense nervous times like this we need to take advice from experienced, wise football men. Let's learn something from LVG

Take a look at @FootyAccums's Tweet:

#bulletdodged

Buzzing for this one, let's not worry about them, they need to worry about us. If we go out and get on the front foot and zip the ball around they will not be able to cope.

True games like this in the past have been our Achilles heel but those days are becoming a memory.

My only concern is us defending corners, but we have more than enough to get the three points against a side who don't travel well.

3-1 spurs and chirpy winning the big gut contest with the barcodes after offering them out at half time.....

Back
Top Bottom