The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At first glance our 'rivals' have fairly easy games, but we said that last week and only the Scum won.

I'd still rather Leicester smash Chelsea up Monday night, keep the distance growing. I can see Poch going with the same line up he did v WBA depending on the lads who wern't in the squad being fit. Newcastle took apart Norwich 6-2 then returned to playing their usual way after so them beating the victims doesnn't really worry me.

Fuck it, 4-0 Yids

Lawro put us down for 1-1 if that makes you feel any better.
Considering Kane, Eriksen, Verts and Alli have had a good rest I think we'll win it. It was refreshing to see some of the fringe players and youngsters given a go last night. Shows how much depth we really have, but also shows the ocean in quality between the English and French division.

Lawro put us down for 1-1 if that makes you feel any better.
Liverpool magically haven't lost a league game in his predictions.

I'm not to sure about this, but I might be onto something here... Him predicting that Liverpool shouldn't have been beaten by any Premier League side this season might have something to do with him having played at Liverpool for a long time and thus brainwashed him into thinking that Pool are the greatest football team on earth.

Considering Kane, Eriksen, Verts and Alli have had a good rest I think we'll win it. It was refreshing to see some of the fringe players and youngsters given a go last night. Shows how much depth we really have, but also shows the ocean in quality between the English and French division.

Walker and Rose too. Plus our main 'confidence player' scored a first-half hattrick and came off with half-hour to go.

We should :smesh:

Liverpool magically haven't lost a league game in his predictions.

I'm not to sure about this, but I might be onto something here... Him predicting that Liverpool shouldn't have been beaten by any Premier League side this season might have something to do with him having played at Liverpool for a long time and thus brainwashed him into thinking that Pool are the greatest football team on earth.

If only all our ex-players felt the same way about us... most seem to find it impossible not to stick the boot in when things aren't going well... where are they now?????

So, I saw this thief grab some lady's wallet and said to the guy next to me:
"Yell at the thief!"
He said:
"Why don't you yell at him yourself?"
Then I replied...
"Because I'm a little horse"

:sherwoodlol:

I think it's the pony sitting next to me. Otherwise it's mad. :eriksenlol:

All these horse jokes ...

Talk about beating a dead horse..

Especially since ole Gear got loads of funnies for his horse post. Harsh. This place can be very bitter at times.

It really shouldn't be a funny subject, but since Blazing Saddles it has been.

it's so unfair, you punch one horse........!!!!

No Dembele this week but Dier should be good to go.

I think Potch will go:

Lloris, Walker, Toby A, Verts, Rose, Dier, Ali, Lamella, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

Alternatively, he *may* bench Son, move Ali up to behind the striker, shifting Eriksen to the left and bring in Bentaleb alongside Dier.

No Dembele this week but Dier should be good to go.

I think Potch will go:

Lloris, Walker, Toby A, Verts, Rose, Dier, Ali, Lamella, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

Alternatively, he *may* bench Son, move Ali up to behind the striker, shifting Eriksen to the left and bring in Bentaleb alongside Dier.

This is the team we will see.

Don't think Bentaleb did enough to get a start, more likely that he'll start Onomah or Njie (but he won't).

As I grew up in the 90s I hate the toons wholeheartedly (saw them give us a spanking far too many times). So Spurs please please batter them good, send the 'best fans in the world" back to Scotland crying

Who can forget the tonking we gave a few seasons ago?
Saha and Ade were unplayable.
It was the coldest I can ever remember being at a match and the whole crowd were singing "we want you to stay" to redknapp.
I can feel the same score line Sunday.

------------------Lloris---------------
Walker---Tobes---Jan---Rose
------------Dier-----Mason---------
Lamela--------Alli---------Eriksen
----------------God--------------------

So is Dembele def out for this one? if so...

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------
walker-----------Alderweireld----Vertonghen-------------------Rose
-----------------------------Dier------Alli------------------------------------
------Lamela--------------------Son-------------------------Eriksen--
----------------------------------Kane------------------------------------

subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Benteleb, Chadli, Onomoah, N'jie

------------------Lloris---------------
Walker---Tobes---Jan---Rose
------------Dier-----Mason---------
Lamela--------Alli---------Eriksen
----------------God--------------------

Erm ... Could you not do that please. It's really really 90's Liverpool fan Robbie Fowler and we all know how that worked out.

Back
Top Bottom